Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

My drivetrain feels super smooth I just think it was the 5150kv 540 from viper. I think the truck is a bit too much for this setup I mean it has tons of power but when you give it all that power then you have heating issues im looking for tons of power and low temps!
Old 05-13-2013, 05:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The fan from FTW lowered my temps just over 40 degrees with my Revtech 4800. It mounts to the center diff braces and works phenomenally well. I would consider it a necessity in outdoor racing in the summer. I'm running 3 Rx8s and never had an issue with them. I don't run the fan on it and it doesn't get over 135. According to Tekin they don't thermal until well over 200, so you should be good to go no matter what if you do run the fan.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by T3tsaya
My drivetrain feels super smooth I just think it was the 5150kv 540 from viper. I think the truck is a bit too much for this setup I mean it has tons of power but when you give it all that power then you have heating issues im looking for tons of power and low temps!

\
Might be because your running a 540 size motor usually the 550 size 4 POLE cans run cooler in the SCTE.

Try a clip on heat sink on the motor the Intergy ones with the fan which are crappy but the heat sink works great on my motor.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks for all the support I appreciate it I'm always tq and it comes to the main and my truck either shuts off or it doesn't lol I'm tired if spanking people and then meltdown lol
Old 05-13-2013, 06:31 PM
Tech Prophet

Thanks for all the support I appreciate it I'm always tq and it comes to the main and my truck either shuts off or it doesn't lol I'm tired if spanking people and then meltdown lol

Dont feel bad my ESC never shuts off but doing a 8 mains at into 8 mins my goes into lipo cut off at a 3.2 v setting so need to change some things on the ESC. But found out it may of been two gritty diff bearings.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just finished installation of my Mamba Monster 2. Holy crap! My truck is on drugs! I actually flipped it once! I even pulled a quick wheelie one time too. I wasn't expecting that one! This is all on a 10 pinion! On payday, I am picking up a 14 tooth and a new servo. I could only imagine what this thing will do with a 14 tooth.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

WHAT motor esc combo are you guys using in your scte I ran the 540 viper 5150 kv setup and it has a lot of power but not without getting really hot. IM asking because I want to have all the power in the world but not overheat help me please I keep thermaling out in mains and losing them to shutdowns! I race mostly outdoors big tracks!
should have asked on the thread, we would have gotten you turned in and saved you some $$$$.

BTW, anyone point me to a good base line set up for the SCTE, finally getting to play with one for myself after all these years.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikos2002
should have asked on the thread, we would have gotten you turned in and saved you some $$$$.

BTW, anyone point me to a good base line set up for the SCTE, finally getting to play with one for myself after all these years.
First post dunford setup.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I love driving this truck and I have had nothing break yet in all of 6 months of racing. I got upgrades on it to make it lighter and make it steer to my liking but it didn't need the up grades. I am gonna make my own setup sheet soon if anyone is interested I will put one out.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:56 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Niko, might you be testing some new motors??? I'm a Viper guy so I gotta know! Are you driving the 1.0, the 2.0 or some crazy in between hybrid (1.X)?
Old 05-14-2013, 07:37 AM
Tech Adept

I was told that I can run stock Eclipse tires on an indoor clay track with the SCTE (not to race, just play around on the track to learn how to drive). Does this sound right or will I actually need softer tires to drive on clay? I did this with a 2WD buggy and it didnt work out as well but 4x4 is a bit different.

I definitely want newer tires for a clay track and the store owner has them in stock. After I get my servo, I want to try some track time this weekend but I am trying to not blow all my money on a new servo and 4 tires/wheels.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JetBlast
I was told that I can run stock Eclipse tires on an indoor clay track with the SCTE (not to race, just play around on the track to learn how to drive). Does this sound right or will I actually need softer tires to drive on clay? I did this with a 2WD buggy and it didnt work out as well but 4x4 is a bit different.

I definitely want newer tires for a clay track and the store owner has them in stock. After I get my servo, I want to try some track time this weekend but I am trying to not blow all my money on a new servo and 4 tires/wheels.
I have heard of guys grinding the pins down on the stock tires and using them on clay. But if you are just playing around they will work might not be very consistent though. If u want to race and be competitive then get some good tires for clay IMO.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RiceP
I have heard of guys grinding the pins down on the stock tires and using them on clay. But if you are just playing around they will work might not be very consistent though. If u want to race and be competitive then get some good tires for clay IMO.
I plan on that later on once I learn the ropes of racing on the clay track. For now, I would like to drive around the track for practice on the eclipse tires until I buy tires/wheels suited for clay use. My local clay track does open driving all day and they race for 3 hours at night 3-4 times a week. I might stop by there during one of their racing events and watch how it is done and learn a few things.

Right now, I am learning how to dial in my suspension for clay track driving and what shock settings i should use (along with the springs) and what oil i should run in the shocks. The only oils I have are lighter oils from my 2WD buggy I used.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JetBlast
I plan on that later on once I learn the ropes of racing on the clay track. For now, I would like to drive around the track for practice on the eclipse tires until I buy tires/wheels suited for clay use. My local clay track does open driving all day and they race for 3 hours at night 3-4 times a week. I might stop by there during one of their racing events and watch how it is done and learn a few things.

Right now, I am learning how to dial in my suspension for clay track driving and what shock settings i should use (along with the springs) and what oil i should run in the shocks. The only oils I have are lighter oils from my 2WD buggy I used.
Sounds like your running at TRCR, a good starting point for the shock oil is 27.5 or 30 front and back. Set your ride height to 25-26mm. the stock springs and mounting postions will be fine for now until you can get around the track good. I have a set of almost new clay compound wishbones mounted on SCTE wheels I can ship you for 35 dollars if you want. PM me if you are interested in the tires.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:29 PM
Tech Adept

PM sent!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.