Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 06:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by tbills66
I am having trouble turning through a high speed corner. It is pushing severely. What can I change to assist in turning in? I have excellent forward traction. The truck goes where ever I point it..

Tighten that saver up fully lock it and loosen it a little bit. Other thing you can do is mount the Front shocks into the middle hole on the Front arms but than you will need to lower the ride height though.

But Tires are the most factor into that though .
Old 05-12-2013, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If you are indoor take of the front sway bar and maybe change doff pil in the front
Old 05-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am in the outside hole on the arms now. I run 553 diff oil. I run the heavy sway bar up front. Might try a lighter sway bar next. I run goose bumps for tires and it is a toss up between those and rebars as for the tire to run at the track. I have driven trucks on rebars but liked my tires better. I won my qualifier but wasn't tq. I finished 2nd in the main. I did run the quickest lap in the main though. I just need that little bit more. It is on a hard pack surface.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

your running goose bumps on hard pack? I like my wishbone 2 wides they are awesome and I got the soft compound. maybe try 6 5 3 for diff oil? im just guessing
Old 05-12-2013, 08:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

I will look at a set of the wishbones. I have a set of wheels here and am wanting to try a set of tires that are different just to see. Sounds like I might have some to try.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tbills66
I am in the outside hole on the arms now. I run 553 diff oil. I run the heavy sway bar up front. Might try a lighter sway bar next. I run goose bumps for tires and it is a toss up between those and rebars as for the tire to run at the track. I have driven trucks on rebars but liked my tires better. I won my qualifier but wasn't tq. I finished 2nd in the main. I did run the quickest lap in the main though. I just need that little bit more. It is on a hard pack surface.
I'd leave your diff oil alone, try going in on the bottom shock mount first, if that does not help, go softer sway bar, then no sway bar, you can gain alot of steering by removing the front swaybar.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RossNZ
The small amount of driving I have done so far it feels nice, racing this weekend, after weighing before and after, it moved 30 grams off each front wheel to the rear wheels.

Raced the truck yesterday, TQ and won each race, truck was FAST!

Noticed nice level flight, sat down a little more in the rear and got great power down, I did loose a little steering, but I wanted to do that, had plenty of steering before. The truck was very stable thru the rough sections and really nice to drive, did I say fast?? I was getting within .3 or so of the lap record ( witch I hold) every race and average lap times were better.
Great mod for $00.0.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the responses. I have a lot of different things to try now.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by RossNZ
Raced the truck yesterday, TQ and won each race, truck was FAST!

Noticed nice level flight, sat down a little more in the rear and got great power down, I did loose a little steering, but I wanted to do that, had plenty of steering before. The truck was very stable thru the rough sections and really nice to drive, did I say fast?? I was getting within .3 or so of the lap record ( witch I hold) every race and average lap times were better.
Great mod for $00.0.

How did you do it to get the ESC mounted forward and the battery tray more toward the rear ? It looks like you swaped the Rear axle to the Front and the Front axle to the Rear also ?

Any drilling involved ?
Old 05-12-2013, 09:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tc5 man
How did you do it to get the ESC mounted forward and the battery tray more toward the rear ? It looks like you swaped the Rear axle to the Front and the Front axle to the Rear also ?

Any drilling involved ?
I cut down the battery holder and re-mounted it at the rear, cut ESC mount off, just used the holes that are in it and re-drilled the chassis and bolt it back up. (drill the holes right thru the holder, that makes it easy to drill the chassis) I did make a new battery mount, but it diden't sit flat on the chassis and looked stupid, so went back to the stock one as is sits a little higher, and flat. The ESC is mounted with a pad under it (you can see it's green) straight to the chassis. Yes swap the front and rear drive shafts, move motor back and re-drill chassis mounts, this is what they did on the 2.0, just swapped axles.

My thinking was if I diden't like it I could change it back easy, but it's a keeper. A long time ago I made a easy mod for the center diff as well and added two bearings, one each end, at a cost of $00.0, bugger paying $40 US for an easy mod, all it took was some thought a drill and a dremel.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:26 AM
Tech Addict

Default 2.0 mod

Has anybody done the 2.0 motor mount mod to a Kingsheadz chassis?
Old 05-13-2013, 03:25 AM
Tech Adept

That battery reverse mod does look good !! This is the set up i run , by far the best the truck has ever run, been running it for 3 months or so, only thing i did was go 15mm rebound on shocks all round, and run 5,7,3 in diffs. My ten scte is the fastest ten scte around our track and i normally battle for 1st to 3rd with new teknos and ten scte .2 at our track. highly recomend it !!!
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-latest.jpg  

Last edited by phat32; 05-13-2013 at 03:31 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-13-2013, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I noticed the rear of my truck was not rebounding like it should and found the problem to be bent rear hinge pins. Are the Ti-Nitrate ones stronger then stock?
Old 05-13-2013, 01:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Derry
I noticed the rear of my truck was not rebounding like it should and found the problem to be bent rear hinge pins. Are the Ti-Nitrate ones stronger then stock?
I believe they are the same base material but the tini pins will be smoother and help the suspension do its job better.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can you guys teach me about servos? What are the major differences between a $40 servo vs a $100+ servo? I am going to be servo shopping after pay day.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.