Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 09:25 AM
  #44746  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (114)
 
blade329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Glendora, CA
Posts: 5,124
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Anyone try out the 2.0 shock towers on this truck? I just installed them last night. I don't have all the 2.0 parts yet, so I thought I would get started with the towers.
blade329 is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 09:55 AM
  #44747  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by blade329 View Post
Anyone try out the 2.0 shock towers on this truck? I just installed them last night. I don't have all the 2.0 parts yet, so I thought I would get started with the towers.
We ran those towers for a while on the 1.0 in testing parts for the 2.0. All the "stock" 1.0 holes are still there but these give you some more tuning options.
Casper is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 04:21 AM
  #44748  
Tech Adept
 
losi007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 148
Default flex tuned chassis/ plastic or aluminum front chassis brace??

I hear a lot of people say if you have a flex tuned chassis to leave the plastic front chassis brace so it can allow it to flex then I see other people say it's good to get the aluminum front chassis brace:: what is the best thing to do is it better to have it stiff or is it better for the chassis to flex?
losi007 is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 06:26 AM
  #44749  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,999
Default

Originally Posted by losi007 View Post
I hear a lot of people say if you have a flex tuned chassis to leave the plastic front chassis brace so it can allow it to flex then I see other people say it's good to get the aluminum front chassis brace:: what is the best thing to do is it better to have it stiff or is it better for the chassis to flex?


Its mostly a driver thing really. On a dry rough track you would want the Plastic stock Front brace and the Rear the Torque bar generally. On a high grip track i would use the alum Front brace.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 09:21 AM
  #44750  
Tech Addict
 
nanoverse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 650
Default

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
Its mostly a driver thing really. On a dry rough track you would want the Plastic stock Front brace and the Rear the Torque bar generally. On a high grip track i would use the alum Front brace.
On a rough track the rear torque rod?
nanoverse is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 09:28 AM
  #44751  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 174
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nanoverse View Post
On a rough track the rear torque rod?
The long rod will help keep the rear CV from falling out of the outdrive during a hard landing, or case a jump, and still let the chassis flex, works really well on large tracks with big jumps.
NitroLeadFinger is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 10:07 AM
  #44752  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
jpk4ud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 220
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I'm getting ready to lower my SCTE down for on road. What is the best way to get it down as far as I can?

We run open 4x4 on road with wooden jumps. Trying to get it to handle like a TC with some jumping still in there. I have changed oils and springs already.

Thanks for any help I know this is off road section but you guys know more about the SCTE
jpk4ud is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 10:08 AM
  #44753  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,999
Default

Originally Posted by nanoverse View Post
On a rough track the rear torque rod?


Well i dont mean rough rough kind of track just a track that is a little rough.

But yea the Torque rod works fine on it no CVD poping out ethier .
tc5 man is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 10:12 AM
  #44754  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (37)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 842
Trader Rating: 37 (97%+)
Default

Anyone know how I fix the center diff out drive wobble? Or make it better? Without any tires on if I go even half throttle it feels like my hand is going to vibrate off.
charlesandstuff is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 11:02 AM
  #44755  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (40)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 279
Trader Rating: 40 (98%+)
Default

Originally Posted by charlesandstuff View Post
Anyone know how I fix the center diff out drive wobble? Or make it better? Without any tires on if I go even half throttle it feels like my hand is going to vibrate off.
KH motor and diff support
Ruger357 is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 11:11 AM
  #44756  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (114)
 
blade329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Glendora, CA
Posts: 5,124
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by charlesandstuff View Post
Anyone know how I fix the center diff out drive wobble? Or make it better? Without any tires on if I go even half throttle it feels like my hand is going to vibrate off.
This is what you will want. A great investment.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...w-Dual-Bearing
blade329 is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 11:35 AM
  #44757  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Leominster,Ma.
Posts: 656
Default

The KH stuff is awesome. But not needed. The wobble won't effect anything . It's more a mental thing than anything. It'll cost you a good penny for the kh mounts. If money's not a factor go a out front and rear.
Losi57 is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 02:16 PM
  #44758  
Tech Regular
 
rcus3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: any*cal
Posts: 353
Default

Having your outdrives wobling in your diff cup can't be good on the bushings. How will this not accelerate wear? It has to have some effect.

Having both f/r KH mounts, the wobble is completely gone. I noticed the bearings last longer, granted now I have 4x on my center diff.

Last edited by rcus3r; 05-03-2013 at 02:27 PM.
rcus3r is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 02:32 PM
  #44759  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 174
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Losi57 View Post
The KH stuff is awesome. But not needed. The wobble won't effect anything . It's more a mental thing than anything. It'll cost you a good penny for the kh mounts. If money's not a factor go a out front and rear.
+1 - The 'wobble' bothered me at first, but since replacing a faulty odd bearing I have had no problems at all, and fwiw I have no problems passing the guys running the fancy billet multi-bearing mounts. They are nice, but I don't think there is any need for them, the stock stuff is plenty good.
NitroLeadFinger is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 02:35 PM
  #44760  
Tech Adept
 
losi007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 148
Default

That sounds to be effective but guys at my track have been running the truck without it and no complains but the accelerated wear makes complete sense
losi007 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.