Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 09:40 AM
  #4441  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (121)
 
ChrisAttebery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 2,258
Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the info. I might have to pick one up.

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
I've been running the 14mm rotor the last two weeks. It's really not a very big difference in speed, but it does reduce temps and battery consumption a good deal. Went from a 14t pinion to a 16t as it decreases the KV of the motor. Went from using 3800mah in a 5 minute qualifier to around 2900mah. Once you change the gearing, there's only a moderate increase in torque combined with smoothing the motor out a good deal. Makes the motor feel a lot like the Castle 1415 2400kv motor actually.
ChrisAttebery is offline  
Old 03-22-2011, 09:41 AM
  #4442  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (121)
 
ChrisAttebery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 2,258
Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)
Default

Looks great Rich!



Originally Posted by iThinman View Post




one day, the rain will stop...
ChrisAttebery is offline  
Old 03-22-2011, 10:49 AM
  #4443  
Tech Initiate
 
N8racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 28
Default

I ordered my DE Racing wheels on Friday afternoon and they were in my mailbox on Monday I live in Texas. Regular shipping!! Couldn't ask for faster service!! I noticed they have rear chassis plates. Anyone use them? Good? Waste of money?
N8racer is offline  
Old 03-22-2011, 11:06 AM
  #4444  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (269)
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 32,716
Trader Rating: 269 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
I've been running the 14mm rotor the last two weeks. It's really not a very big difference in speed, but it does reduce temps and battery consumption a good deal. Went from a 14t pinion to a 16t as it decreases the KV of the motor. Went from using 3800mah in a 5 minute qualifier to around 2900mah. Once you change the gearing, there's only a moderate increase in torque combined with smoothing the motor out a good deal. Makes the motor feel a lot like the Castle 1415 2400kv motor actually.
thanks for the info!
Cain is offline  
Old 03-22-2011, 11:21 AM
  #4445  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (258)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: E. Dundee,Illinois
Posts: 3,817
Trader Rating: 258 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by N8racer View Post
I ordered my DE Racing wheels on Friday afternoon and they were in my mailbox on Monday I live in Texas. Regular shipping!! Couldn't ask for faster service!! I noticed they have rear chassis plates. Anyone use them? Good? Waste of money?
I ordered wheels,skidplate and mud guards on fri afternoon and they made it to illinois mon morning.... de is awesome. Get the rear skid plate...it comes 3 to a pack and saves your chassis....
92 vert is offline  
Old 03-22-2011, 11:40 AM
  #4446  
Tech Master
iTrader: (38)
 
alvinsmith75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Orleans Area
Posts: 1,107
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

New Losi truck will be at my house when I get home from work today! Cant wait! Gonna put in some electronics today and race it tomorrow. Ordered the new pins from Chris so when they come in I will pull the truck back down and put in all the correct diff oils then. I will have the only Losi truck at our track in a sea of Hypers and Slashes!
alvinsmith75 is offline  
Old 03-22-2011, 11:59 AM
  #4447  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (222)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cadillac, MI
Posts: 3,257
Trader Rating: 222 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 92 vert View Post
I am running a 15 tooth pinion with the 3800kv and a mmp....no heat issues and lots of power.
Awesome, I just tried that.. and zipped it up and down the drive. WOW.
MMP and 3800kv is very fast

Come on Diff Pins... I want to go racing
Manatarms25 is offline  
Old 03-22-2011, 12:00 PM
  #4448  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (222)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cadillac, MI
Posts: 3,257
Trader Rating: 222 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by alvinsmith75 View Post
New Losi truck will be at my house when I get home from work today! Cant wait! Gonna put in some electronics today and race it tomorrow. Ordered the new pins from Chris so when they come in I will pull the truck back down and put in all the correct diff oils then. I will have the only Losi truck at our track in a sea of Hypers and Slashes!
You might as well paint a target on your body

Do not let them catch ya
Manatarms25 is offline  
Old 03-22-2011, 12:04 PM
  #4449  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
bparanoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 87
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

My 3s 5000 packs just arrived at the office. Time to see what that little 3800KV can do on 3 cell.



Originally Posted by Manatarms25 View Post
Awesome, I just tried that.. and zipped it up and down the drive. WOW.
MMP and 3800kv is very fast

Come on Diff Pins... I want to go racing
bparanoid is offline  
Old 03-22-2011, 12:10 PM
  #4450  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (42)
 
BashemSmashem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,647
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
very nice.

What do people feel about the kit included tires? are they raceable like say an AKA Enduro Super Soft?
I think they are pretty good for stock tires , the foams are not the best though .
BashemSmashem is offline  
Old 03-22-2011, 02:16 PM
  #4451  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Havasu AZ
Posts: 1,143
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Manatarms25 View Post
Awesome, I just tried that.. and zipped it up and down the drive. WOW.
MMP and 3800kv is very fast

Come on Diff Pins... I want to go racing

Why not put SC10 gear diff pins in the diffs like alot of racers are doing??

Their just slightly shorter but work great according to everyone running
them... (and they are rock hard with no failures)
Chuck 21 is offline  
Old 03-22-2011, 02:20 PM
  #4452  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (33)
 
Blitzrockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: B.C Canada
Posts: 2,183
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default battery mah-C ratting for this truck?

Just wondering if I will be able to make a 6 min main with about a minute of warmup with these batteries listed. Turnigy 5200 30c, gens ace 5300 30c, and a gens ace 5000 40c. Im running a sp v10 550 4.5 motor, with a sp gt 2.0 esc. Thanks guys

More so wondering if these will work fine in the truck as well as have enough mah
And Would they have enough "C" ratting for this truck and my motor combo ?

Thanks guys
Blitzrockey is offline  
Old 03-22-2011, 02:24 PM
  #4453  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (32)
 
SCTRacerX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Columbus
Posts: 653
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

My gens ace 5000 40c makes 5 mins runs all day. I can make a 10 min main with 5000mah and my MMP/CC2650 combo. I get a good 15 min run time.
SCTRacerX is offline  
Old 03-22-2011, 02:29 PM
  #4454  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (33)
 
Blitzrockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: B.C Canada
Posts: 2,183
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX View Post
My gens ace 5000 40c makes 5 mins runs all day. I can make a 10 min main with 5000mah and my MMP/CC2650 combo. I get a good 15 min run time.
Nice so I shouldnt have a problem finishing a 6 min main with about a minute of warmup then with the 5000 40c, just wonder if the 30 c will be able to work in this combo as well ?
Blitzrockey is offline  
Old 03-22-2011, 02:32 PM
  #4455  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (32)
 
SCTRacerX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Columbus
Posts: 653
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sir miles View Post
what esc are you using? Im planning to install the same motor but I only got a mamba max to power . is it possible? TIA!
I'm running the Mamba Max Pro. Mamba Max will be hard pressed to handle that set up. I would think you would have to stay at 2s to keep from frying the ESC. I spoke to castle and even though the MMP says rated for 6s, when paired with the Castle 1512 1y 2650kv motor the warranty only covers the MMP up to 3s. I was a little annoyed that the ESC says 6s and I can only run 3s( not that I ever want to run above 3s but why say 6s if it can't do it? I asked in what application could I run the MMP with a 6s lipo and he failed to give me a answer to that question so I'm guessing no setup with the MMP can handle 6s.
The castle 2650 with the SCTE is not really pushing the truck too much at 2s( I run a 50 5000mah 2s lipo) and was not too happy with the performance. 3s Gens Ace 40c 5000mah battery is the best lipo I have ever ran on this setup. I am super impressed with my Gen's Ace lipo. Sorry I have to give prop where they are do. Truck ran 10 mins with temp below 110 all the way around. Highest temp I have ever sen is 140 on the motor and 127 on the ESC. After running for about 40 mins.I run a 20 tooth novak pinion btw.
SCTRacerX is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.