Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 06:35 PM
  #44476  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (71)
 
RiceP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 823
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Hey does anyone know the cheapest place to order the proline flow tek body on Internet need new one for my scte thanks
RiceP is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 06:58 PM
  #44477  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
chucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hell
Posts: 1,316
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RiceP View Post
Hey does anyone know the cheapest place to order the proline flow tek body on Internet need new one for my scte thanks
Pro line
a main


but I here the new ford is doing really well with balance and looks
chucko is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 07:23 PM
  #44478  
Tech Apprentice
 
Brazman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 53
Default

Originally Posted by RiceP View Post
Hey does anyone know the cheapest place to order the proline flow tek body on Internet need new one for my scte thanks
You should try the TLR body..it's quite nice.
Brazman is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 07:34 PM
  #44479  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
Feint Motion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: So Cal IE
Posts: 1,346
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default

I was thinking about upgrading to the 2.0 but my 1.0 is so dialed.
Feint Motion is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 11:40 PM
  #44480  
Tech Apprentice
 
Brazman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 53
Default

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
I was thinking about upgrading to the 2.0 but my 1.0 is so dialed.
I thought my 1.0 was dialed too until I built the 2.0
Brazman is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 10:40 AM
  #44481  
Tech Master
iTrader: (91)
 
JourneyMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,676
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Thank guys, did not know I could run the ape with my guards. I will pick one up then. So has anyone else had issues running without sideguards... I see so many with the "shaved" guards on rctech but NEVER at the track.

Here is a perfect example:


Still drolling over this truck! Look at those RPM goodies mhmm.
JourneyMan is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 05:36 PM
  #44482  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
mojo 309's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Illinios
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I know at different tracks and condussion not all tires will work at any given time lot depends on weather if its cool warm or hot outside if the track is dry slick dusty rought or smooth or if its watered alot durning the race day or watered only alittle.Certain tires might work really well starting out but wont as well as the day gets hotter,so my question is from the list of tires below

aka cityblocks soft
aka enduros soft

jconcepts goose bumps soft
jconcepts subcultures soft

proline calibers med
proline bow tie soft
proline bow frighter soft

What tires work well on a hard packed dry slick dusty track that is large in size and gets watered durning the race day but drys out fairly quick between rounds.If there are better type tires for what i am asking about please post what they are and how they work for you i know its all a matter of opinion but i would like to know Thank you
mojo 309 is offline  
Old 04-06-2013, 06:41 AM
  #44483  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (8)
 
Jake C6R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 557
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mojo 309 View Post
I know at different tracks and condussion not all tires will work at any given time lot depends on weather if its cool warm or hot outside if the track is dry slick dusty rought or smooth or if its watered alot durning the race day or watered only alittle.Certain tires might work really well starting out but wont as well as the day gets hotter,so my question is from the list of tires below

aka cityblocks soft
aka enduros soft

jconcepts goose bumps soft
jconcepts subcultures soft

proline calibers med
proline bow tie soft
proline bow frighter soft

What tires work well on a hard packed dry slick dusty track that is large in size and gets watered durning the race day but drys out fairly quick between rounds.If there are better type tires for what i am asking about please post what they are and how they work for you i know its all a matter of opinion but i would like to know Thank you
I would try the cityblocks or calibers (soft) for those conditions, out of your list I have had the best luck with those. The enduros will last longer but will not grip as well IMO.
Jake C6R is offline  
Old 04-06-2013, 02:51 PM
  #44484  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
platgof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,464
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Spent most of the day rebuilding all the diffs. What a messy job!! I also installed the Tekno driveshafts and a full set of bearings, while I was in there. I guess the first time it takes longer than the next time. I also found out how to keep the diffs from binding. When they started binding, I would back off till I could freely turn it again, then tighten it from there. It worked for the most part. Really pleased with the way things turned out. I also installed a full rear bumper. I bought a roller, that is why all the work involved.
platgof is offline  
Old 04-06-2013, 04:43 PM
  #44485  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
mojo 309's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Illinios
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Does any one use a combo heatsink/ cooling fan on their scte if so how is it working out for you and does it really help keep the temps down on the motor? As for the fan it self who makes a fan with a long enough wire to get from the motor to where it will plug in at and does it plug into the receiver or the esc and i suppose you would have to use some sort of a spliter to make it work.
mojo 309 is offline  
Old 04-06-2013, 07:12 PM
  #44486  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,486
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mojo 309 View Post
Does any one use a combo heatsink/ cooling fan on their scte if so how is it working out for you and does it really help keep the temps down on the motor? As for the fan it self who makes a fan with a long enough wire to get from the motor to where it will plug in at and does it plug into the receiver or the esc and i suppose you would have to use some sort of a spliter to make it work.


A quality heatsink is all you need imo, Fans Fail quite frequently in Offroad.

this is what i run on my Pro4

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Heatsink-Black
Integra is offline  
Old 04-06-2013, 07:23 PM
  #44487  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Shingle Springs
Posts: 128
Default

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
A quality heatsink is all you need imo, Fans Fail quite frequently in Offroad.

this is what i run on my Pro4

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Heatsink-Black
Do you use any thermal paste? Or just clip it on?
65BAJA is offline  
Old 04-06-2013, 07:43 PM
  #44488  
P6
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: il
Posts: 685
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Last year I liked blockades on out dusty outdoor at leisure hours this year I'm gonna try a softer panther boa I feel with the thickness of dust and once the line forms I would like them a lot better but I heard their changing dirt, it was rocky dry clay hardpack so if you Jove dive I broke up like pavment in nice big chunchs and ill probably have new calibers in soft compound as backup untill everyone figures out what's working best they seem like they would dig through the dust but have trouble once the line got formed
P6 is offline  
Old 04-07-2013, 07:14 AM
  #44489  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (8)
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,486
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 65BAJA View Post
Do you use any thermal paste? Or just clip it on?


No paste over here, I got a couple tube's but cant find any reason I HAVE to run it. My motor temps Never get above 160-170 after a Hard run.
Integra is offline  
Old 04-07-2013, 08:18 AM
  #44490  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
chucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hell
Posts: 1,316
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default cooling fan

I have been using this for a yr with the same fan.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Car-Alumi...item2a228a0401

Keeps the temps down to 110 from 150 to 190 now I dont worry about heat
chucko is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.