Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Does anyone know the weight of the stock battery tray unmodified?
Old 04-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nv529 View Post
Does anyone know the weight of the stock battery tray unmodified?
Search is pretty useless on this thread, but sometimes it does yield results.

Originally Posted by bparanoid View Post
Someone asked a few pages back for the weight of the battery tray so...the Losi tray weighs 2.8oz/79g
Old 04-03-2013, 11:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by NitroLeadFinger View Post
I wanted to post a follow up, Team Losi support REALLY stepped up and took care of me on this, I could not be happier with them. I wasn't sure if I would hear back, but within a few days a box of new parts showed up, BIG Thanks to Team Losi and all of the Horizon support team. The truck is running great!

Derek
This is probably not your issue though thought I would post my experience with this. I had a melted diff cup and support. It turned out to be my rear Spider gears had stripped so the truck had no rear drive and was essentially relying on the center diff oil to drive the front heating it up. The truck felt slow though like the battery was going to dump any second.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I made the mistake of trimming my side guards for a big race, I see a lot of people doing this. I think this is a bad idea for little performance gain. I run the BCE chassis... so my thoughts were the same about the KingHeadz chassis design with the motor hanging off the side. So after that big race I ended up with a nice dent in the side of my Tekin Pro4. Not exactly something you want happening to a new motor. I have a Schuur speed 4300KV coming as a replacement, but I ordered new side guards. Don't want this to happen to Ron's motor and thought I would share my experience. The side guards are there for a reason and 4x4 short course racing can be very aggressive depending on the event. I wanted so bad to run he Chris Attebary battery tray, but it is designed for lightened SCTE's with trimmed side guards.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Tech Initiate

im running attebery lw batt mount with side gaurds on the bump chassis,with out issue,nice piece!
Old 04-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JourneyMan View Post
I made the mistake of trimming my side guards for a big race, I see a lot of people doing this. I think this is a bad idea for little performance gain. I run the BCE chassis... so my thoughts were the same about the KingHeadz chassis design with the motor hanging off the side. So after that big race I ended up with a nice dent in the side of my Tekin Pro4. Not exactly something you want happening to a new motor. I have a Schuur speed 4300KV coming as a replacement, but I ordered new side guards. Don't want this to happen to Ron's motor and thought I would share my experience. The side guards are there for a reason and 4x4 short course racing can be very aggressive depending on the event. I wanted so bad to run he Chris Attebary battery tray, but it is designed for lightened SCTE's with trimmed side guards.
I run the ape tray from Attebarry with the kingHeadz chassis with the guards with no issues, you just have to trim the screw on the top side a little to clear the bottom of the battery, been running mine for a couple three months without any issues, works great.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

My trays will fit with the stock guards. On my truck I cut them down, but my on my son's truck they are stock.

Originally Posted by JourneyMan View Post
Old 04-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about the SCTE guys. I had some trouble with the motor on my mill and it took a while to get it worked out. I should be able to get some more trays make this weekend. I will post here when they are available again.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 04-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
You know you could just moved the Spacer in the battery tray toward the back right ? The manuel shows you the center spaceing and the Front and Rear.
I cut the back out of the tray. I also relocated the tray way back, my battery is 1 5/8" behind the motor.http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1365116342

Last edited by platgof; 04-04-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by platgof View Post
I cut the back out of the tray. I also relocated the tray way back, my battery is 1 5/8" behind the motor.http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1365116342

So i can just cut the Front and back of the battery tray and move it back and put the ESC up Front ? Or do i need to drill a hole still to move it back ?

Also with the Battery straps on without the guards up Front and Back does it still hold fine ?
Old 04-04-2013, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

The battery stops are in place, and the sides are touching. It does not move, and I have had a good spill, no problem. I had to drill 3 ea. holes to remount it. This is not easy to do, and I did not have the right countersink. I also plugged my holes with rivets. I used the same hole alignment to mount it. I dremeled a lot of plastic off, and also hole sawed it on the bottom as well.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The battery stops are in place, and the sides are touching. It does not move, and I have had a good spill, no problem. I had to drill 3 ea. holes to remount it. This is not easy to do, and I did not have the right countersink. I also plugged my holes with rivets. I used the same hole alignment to mount it. I dremeled a lot of plastic off, and also hole sawed it on the bottom as well.
Took me all of about 15 min to complete. Just need to drill 1 hole and dremel the speedo holder off the battery tray. There is a pic of how I did it a couple pages back.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Oh . But if you cut off the Front part of the battery tray can you put the ESC up Front im sure if there would be enough room though without moving the Tray back ?
Old 04-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Tech Prophet

I went to my LHS today and i seen somebodys SCTE mostly stock but with the Carbon towers and there was the Front and Rear springs.

On the shocks i dont know what weight oil was in them but they felt better than the Black Front racing springs ! Seems like they would work much better on the Carpet ?
Old 04-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

I wanted to get the balance first, then trim weight off the tray. I tried it earlier and it wasn't far enough back to make a difference. Now it really makes a difference.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.