Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
That is over 100 runs. But even with that that wear does seem to be a little more then I would expect based on my personal experience, but... Looks like you run in a place were it is muddy and the dirt in the outdrives will accelerate wear. The dirt will act like sand paper. I am guessing these are the rears. How do the fronts look? The rears will wear faster then the fronts typcially. As others have pointed out the drive shaft pins are worn as well. A worn pin will slap the outdrives and accelerate wear as well. Did you replace the drive shafts when you upgraded to HD outdrives or were the pins already worn when you put the HD outdrives in.

With 100-130 runs on them I am not sure there is much customer service would do for you as that is quite a lot of runtime. Lets put this in perspective. Lets say you averaged 15mph and 10 min a battery at 100 runs you would have put around 250 miles on this truck! I would put new HD outdrives in as well as repalce the bones.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB3564

Check the axles though as well. There are two sets of holes in the axle for the cross pin so if one is worn switch to the other to make your axles last longer.
It's not just the pins, Casper.. LOL, look at his bone!! It's bent... Well there's your problem!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi007 View Post
What is the Total bearing count for the scte losi i get 22 but kits have 22 and 24?
Avids come with 22 bearings.
http://www.avidrc.com/flexkit/?kit=327&kitname=TEN-SCTE
Old 03-19-2013, 03:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by weavty1 View Post
LOL, look at his bone!!
If I had a dollar for every time I have heard that
Old 03-19-2013, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

By any chance is there some sort of tire reference guide that shows what tire is best for different track condissions when racing a 4x4 sc truck?.With all the different types of tires that are made for a sc truck and the testing that is done when a new tire comes on the market it would seem like there would be stats that show what tire works best for differents types of tracks. Chances are it most likly comes down to personal preferance.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem View Post
Actually , I bet he is still running the old diff housings and the wobble from the outdrives caused the outdrive to wear like that . With the new diff housings I bet the rate of wear on the diff outdrives goes down a lot ....

That drive pin doesn't look that bad IMO , but weavty1 is correct you don't wanna use really worn pins as they will gouge out the outdrive pretty quick .
When I built this truck, I junked the diffs, and rebuilt them all with the HD Cases, and HD outdrives so thats not the issue. The dogbones were brand new. I bought the kit, w/ a HD driveline.
Originally Posted by weavty1 View Post
It's not just the pins, Casper.. LOL, look at his bone!! It's bent... Well there's your problem!
My dog bone isn't bent, its the angle of the picture.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

That is over 100 runs. But even with that that wear does seem to be a little more then I would expect based on my personal experience, but... Looks like you run in a place were it is muddy and the dirt in the outdrives will accelerate wear. The dirt will act like sand paper. I am guessing these are the rears. How do the fronts look? The rears will wear faster then the fronts typcially. As others have pointed out the drive shaft pins are worn as well. A worn pin will slap the outdrives and accelerate wear as well. Did you replace the drive shafts when you upgraded to HD outdrives or were the pins already worn when you put the HD outdrives in.

With 100-130 runs on them I am not sure there is much customer service would do for you as that is quite a lot of runtime. Lets put this in perspective. Lets say you averaged 15mph and 10 min a battery at 100 runs you would have put around 250 miles on this truck! I would put new HD outdrives in as well as repalce the bones.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB3564

Check the axles though as well. There are two sets of holes in the axle for the cross pin so if one is worn switch to the other to make your axles last longer.
I run on a rather large outdoor track, with a bit of mud from time to time. I figured that had to play a role. These are indeed the rears. My front and centers aren't bad at all. No wear. I guess I needed to factor in, that I run on a more rough track.

I brought the truck new, Meaning it had new dog bones when I installed the HD Cases, HD Outdrives. My axles/Dogbones are fine.

I already ordered some Tekno stuff, going to give those a try.

Thanks for the help.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
I run on a rather large outdoor track, with a bit of mud from time to time. I figured that had to play a role. These are indeed the rears. My front and centers aren't bad at all. No wear. I guess I needed to factor in, that I run on a more rough track.

I brought the truck new, Meaning it had new dog bones when I installed the HD Cases, HD Outdrives. My axles/Dogbones are fine.

I already ordered some Tekno stuff, going to give those a try.

Thanks for the help.
What track you running at?
Old 03-19-2013, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Hi guys... can somebody help me with this:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ount-help.html
Old 03-19-2013, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

What track you running at?
Glen Helen RC raceway, Rev, and Thunder Alley.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:54 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
Glen Helen RC raceway, Rev, and Thunder Alley.
Those are three big tracks for sure.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pellogt View Post
Hi guys... can somebody help me with this:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ount-help.html
The spacer goes in between the two bearings reason being is that both bearing turn at different rpm's in different dirctions its not good to have the two bearings touching each other..If you have noticed the with stock motormount and front up right with the single bearing there was about a 1/16 of a inch play in the stock mounts with the dual bearing the play is gone which means your drive shafts will turn much more truer. Hope this helps and ask questions if there is something your not sure about most people on here are willing to help.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mojo 309 View Post
The spacer goes in between the two bearings reason being is that both bearing turn at different rpm's in different dirctions its not good to have the two bearings touching each other..If you have noticed the with stock motormount and front up right with the single bearing there was about a 1/16 of a inch play in the stock mounts with the dual bearing the play is gone which means your drive shafts will turn much more truer. Hope this helps and ask questions if there is something your not sure about most people on here are willing to help.
thanks for the help my friend.

on the right side if you look i put something it came on the kit , some sort of a washer or insert... is that ok? and on the left the bearing is sticking out is that ok? if i try to move the left tower is very weak (maybe because i have to put the top brace) I forgot to buy the top brace , i just order the part.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pellogt View Post
thanks for the help my friend.

on the right side if you look i put something it came on the kit , some sort of a washer or insert... is that ok? and on the left the bearing is sticking out is that ok? if i try to move the left tower is very weak (maybe because i have to put the top brace) I forgot to buy the top brace , i just order the part.
Your talking about the thin shim part#losb 3570 i dont even bother using those on my scte. Never had a problem with it not being there.As far as that goes its not even listed on the replacement parts list page in the ten scte manual.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mojo 309 View Post
Your talking about the thin shim part#losb 3570 i dont even bother using those on my scte. Never had a problem with it not being there.As far as that goes its not even listed on the replacement parts list page in the ten scte manual.
ok, i was little confused... so throw away the whaser (thin one)

thanks a lot!!

pd. other guy said on the left is not sitting flat (bearing) maybe i have to pushed a little bit more.

thanks
Old 03-20-2013, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 160 (100%+)

What batteries does everyone have good luck with? I have been running a couple NanoTechs 6600 with my Novak Havoc Pro SC and 4.5 550. At the end of a 10 minute run they are always puffed a bit. I just ordered a Hobbywing 4000kv combo and wanted to get a couple new batteries. Not sure if the puffing is because of the batteries or the Novac system.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.