Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 12:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Could you elaborate on this one? I'm running a TLR setup 1.0 and would like to know if switching to the 2.0 towers only would still offer the benefit or rear stability on power as you noted. I'm also looking for more turn in as I seem to push even on slight power. Other than those 2 issues, I'm pretty happy with it overall. If you need my full setup, I can PM you if you'd prefer. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Casper
The towers with new camber link locations is a big deal. would think about getting the new towers as we are using new holes front and rear with our current setup. The rear ones made a huge change to rear stability on power.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Looks like The Ghost has an Echo.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:34 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by RC_Tactical
Could you elaborate on this one? I'm running a TLR setup 1.0 and would like to know if switching to the 2.0 towers only would still offer the benefit or rear stability on power as you noted. I'm also looking for more turn in as I seem to push even on slight power. Other than those 2 issues, I'm pretty happy with it overall. If you need my full setup, I can PM you if you'd prefer. Thanks!

I like to know also ! Still waiting for the parts to come in though .
Old 03-16-2013, 03:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

How much should weight losi? Mine now 2.6kg or i do bad measure
Old 03-16-2013, 03:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default just bought my scte and have a few questions

This is my first 1/10 car. I've ran 8th scale buggy and truggy, so I have 1/8 electronics to use. Can I run 2400kv off my Mamba monster max by soldering on new bullets to the motor. I plan to run 3s and i've heard that I can put my 2200kv castle motor in there with a lil shaving near motor mount. If the 2200 will run fine on 3s that solves it because i've already got the batteries and full motor system. Next I would be needing some advice on gear mesh. 17-20 would be my guess running the 2200 3s.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Gravelord
This is my first 1/10 car. I've ran 8th scale buggy and truggy, so I have 1/8 electronics to use. Can I run 2400kv off my Mamba monster max by soldering on new bullets to the motor. I plan to run 3s and i've heard that I can put my 2200kv castle motor in there with a lil shaving near motor mount. If the 2200 will run fine on 3s that solves it because i've already got the batteries and full motor system. Next I would be needing some advice on gear mesh. 17-20 would be my guess running the 2200 3s.
Yea for sure, I use a trackstar 2650kv 41mm diameter on 3s using a 19t M1 pinion that will fit with stock motor mount.

Had to remove the side guard screw that's right underneath the motor; and maybe shave plastic.

Smaller pinions will heat the motor up, maybe the same with your motor too. With so much torque it's better to gear higher and use less throttle.

Wish I could use a bigger pinion, it goes about 40 mph (total guess) but has room for more heat, acceleration is .....it'll put a smile on your face.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:41 AM
Tech Adept

Has anyone used the Tekno driveshafts? My rig is ready for a complete drivetrain rebuild and I was thinking of using the Tekno rear driveshafts instead of the stockers. My O.E. rear and center front outdrives are worn. I already have the lightened Losi center yokes but I noticed a bit of wear on the rear axleshaft and front driveshaft pins too so now I need to make a decision to get new stock stuff or go Tekno.

Opinions?

Edit;

Question for Casper. You mentioned earlier that the 2.0 and stock aluminum 1.0 shock towers have different camber link holes. Is there enough meat on the stock towers to drill a couple new holes while we wait for availability on the new towers? Would it be worth it to mod the stock towers for now?

Last edited by 65BAJA; 03-16-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:45 AM
MOE
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

go tekno
Old 03-16-2013, 04:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 65BAJA
Has anyone used the Tekno driveshafts? My rig is ready for a complete drivetrain rebuild and I was thinking of using the Tekno rear driveshafts instead of the stockers. My O.E. rear and center front outdrives are worn. I already have the lightened Losi center yokes but I noticed a bit of wear on the rear axleshaft and front driveshaft pins too so now I need to make a decision to get new stock stuff or go Tekno.

Opinions?
I am using the centre front and centre rear driveshafts, and they are definitely a more robust design in relation to how the pin stays in the coupler and how they use the metal ring to keep everything in place as well. The shape of where it connects with the front/rear gearbox is also not round, so you can turn the driveshaft and clean that area next to the bearing easily by exposing bits of the bearing at a time.

Also I like how it works without needing to buy other brand outdrives.

Sorry, I can't comment on using the rears/fronts - just using the stock shafts with Losi HD outdrives.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:24 AM
Tech Addict

Casper: This has been asked before but would the 1.0 benefit from the 2.0 towers camber locations?
Old 03-17-2013, 09:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

The towers with new camber link locations is a big deal. would think about getting the new towers as we are using new holes front and rear with our current setup. The rear ones made a huge change to rear stability on power.
Originally Posted by nanoverse
Casper: This has been asked before but would the 1.0 benefit from the 2.0 towers camber locations?
One page earlier.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

Sort of.... The quote was that the new camber link locations are a big deal. Just looking for clarification as to if the new towers are as beneficial on the 1.0 setup or if he was referring to the 2.0 setup.

Originally Posted by tbills66
One page earlier.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=65BAJA;11937483]Has anyone used the Tekno driveshafts? My rig is ready for a complete drivetrain rebuild and I was thinking of using the Tekno rear driveshafts instead of the stockers. My O.E. rear and center front outdrives are worn. I already have the lightened Losi center yokes but I noticed a bit of wear on the rear axleshaft and front driveshaft pins too so now I need to make a decision to get new stock stuff or go Tekno.

Opinions?

I run all Tekno shafts, there good, no issues at all with them. You need to get the axles as well as the Tekno driveshafts don't fit the stock axles.

Not cheap to do the hole car with them, it will not really make it faster, but I have seen stock parts fail, and the Tekno setup appears to give you a smoother drive train, so that must help the car perform.

I'd say if your happy to part with the cash you would not be disapointed.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nanoverse
We ran the new towers for about 6 months or more before the 2.0 came out on our 1.0 trucks. We really like the new rear locations on med to low bite but on high bite tracks we went back to the original holes. Front end holes honestly we did not test until recently and really like the outside holes on the front tower. I am not sure this change will be right for everyone as it required a driving style change but truck was faster at our local track so we adapted and use that setup. The outside hole on the front tower required the car to be driven on power a little more so you need to stay on throttle. The rear end sticks though so it is good!
Old 03-18-2013, 07:08 AM
Tech Adept

Excellent response Casper, thanks! Now just have to wait for them to become available...

We ran the new towers for about 6 months or more before the 2.0 came out on our 1.0 trucks. We really like the new rear locations on med to low bite but on high bite tracks we went back to the original holes. Front end holes honestly we did not test until recently and really like the outside holes on the front tower. I am not sure this change will be right for everyone as it required a driving style change but truck was faster at our local track so we adapted and use that setup. The outside hole on the front tower required the car to be driven on power a little more so you need to stay on throttle. The rear end sticks though so it is good!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.