Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 08:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TekinMan View Post
I need to replace my stock worn outdrives and thinking of getting the lightned ones. Besides the TLR ones, is there any other manufacturer you guys would recommend?
How can you tell is the outdrives are worn? Wil there be play between the outdrive and the shaft? Im curious because i may buy some my self although i only put 54 packs through my truck
Old 03-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Tech Adept

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by mojo 309 View Post
So casper your saying with the TLR tuned flex chassis #TLR4000 you dont need to have the chassis spacer under the center diff mounts to have clearence between the spur gear and chassis? And is there other advantages to having the tuned flex chassie besides the lower LCG on the center diff and the lower wight over all for the Losi tenscte 1.0. Thanks
So if i were to upgrade to the flex tuned chassis will it be a direct swap or i need to add spacers under the center diff to make it right? Sorry but a bit confused
Old 03-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by losi007 View Post
So if i were to upgrade to the flex tuned chassis will it be a direct swap or i need to add spacers under the center diff to make it right? Sorry but a bit confused
Its a direct swap. When ya take your center diff mounts off the stock chassis, you don't have to use the black plastic piece its sitting on, when you put it on the flex tuned chassis.

If your out drives have notches in them from the drive shafts turning....they're shot. The HD lightened out dives are hardened and mine barely show any wear after a year of racing and some backyard thrashing too.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bigsmitty View Post
What is a good starting point on droop on this truck rough sandy outdoor track, front and back?
I run full droop plus 2 turns out on the bottom shock ends. Then set your ride height with your shock collars.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by tbills66 View Post
I do race on carpet. My screw is not countersunk. It sits in a washer on the top. I need a new screw though.

Well il tell you what the Losi cap head screws i just used one into the motor mount adjuster tightens much better ! I know the 1/8 Eights Es have the same issue on the motor mount and there diffrent.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MRANTITRAXXAS View Post
Its a direct swap. When ya take your center diff mounts off the stock chassis, you don't have to use the black plastic piece its sitting on, when you put it on the flex tuned chassis.

If your out drives have notches in them from the drive shafts turning....they're shot. The HD lightened out dives are hardened and mine barely show any wear after a year of racing and some backyard thrashing too.
That plastic piece goes under the battery tray, center diff and motor. Its one piece, do you remove it entirely? If so, what will the motor rest on? Is their a benefit in removing that plastic?
Old 03-09-2013, 07:17 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
Well il tell you what the Losi cap head screws i just used one into the motor mount adjuster tightens much better ! I know the 1/8 Eights Es have the same issue on the motor mount and there diffrent.

100% FALSE.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:58 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
100% FALSE.

Um no its not i know a couple of people who had the same issue on the Eight-E if they did not use a cap head screw on the adjust mount to set the mesh right when they got off the track it would move.

With everything tighten also.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My e 2.0 has shredded 5 gears. it does happen LOCK TITE is your friend.. so make sure you use good screws.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:29 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
Um no its not i know a couple of people who had the same issue on the Eight-E if they did not use a cap head screw on the adjust mount to set the mesh right when they got off the track it would move.

With everything tighten also.

The STOCK Flathead and Washer combo is More than enough to clamp the mount in place with loctite. You DO NOT need a cap head, Plain and simple.

FWIW ive lost 1 Spur gear in 5+ years, and it sure as heck wasn't the adjustment screw. It was the actual Motor plate screws.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What is the must must have upgrades to losi scte 1.0?
Old 03-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kilbatrosas View Post
yup its called the Losi 2.0
Old 03-09-2013, 12:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kilbatrosas View Post
carbon Fiber front and rear shock towers
Lightened hardened drive cups for all diffs
theres lots more but the stock towers bend and the stock diff parts wear out in no time
you can searchj this thread for part numbers
Old 03-09-2013, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mysupratoy94 View Post
That plastic piece goes under the battery tray, center diff and motor. Its one piece, do you remove it entirely? If so, what will the motor rest on? Is their a benefit in removing that plastic?
If your using the tlr lightwight tune chassis#tlr 4000 you dont need to use the spacer under the center diff,there is a spot milled into the chassis that allows you to bolt on the center diff without the spur gear hitting the chassis.If there is a advantage to this i would say its to lower the lcg of the center diff 2mm.
As for the must have upgrades
fornt and rear carbin fiber shock towers
all 3 diff cases front,center,rear get the HD diff cases
all the hd outdrives for each diff
As for other upgrades there are quite a few depends on what you want to spend,you can buy the tlr tuning kit or add better parts as needed.
I myself have the new bleeder shock caps and shock collars,the tork rod for the back brace, the rpm front and rear bumpers the rpm skid plates front and rear,i also have the carbin fiber center top diff plate with the fan mount.As i said there are other upgrades that can be done.

Last edited by mojo 309; 03-09-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Of all the upgrades for the ten scte that there is i havent really seen any upgraded front brace besides the strc front brace is there any brace that is better and more functional.?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.