Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 03:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

The Pro4 is a 540 motor....
Old 03-03-2013, 04:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mojo 309
This might sound like a stupid question but is there suppose to be spacers on the bottom of the front center diff mount and on the motor mount so that there is space between the spur gear and the stock chasse? reason i am asking i picked up a used scte and for some reason the center diff was mounted backwords so i turned it back to the way it suppose to be and now the spur gear hits the chasse and the spur gear is not over the cut out in the chasse the manual says nothing about any spacers between the two mounts
http://losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSB2412

Yes there is normally a spacer used under the center diff,losb2412. Some folks have modded their trucks (myself included) and eliminated this spacer to lower the diff and motor. The goal was a lower cg. You can search this thread to see how but the gains are small.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcus3r
Those Mugen o-rings did not work for me. Saw a reference to them here a while back.

I have rebuilt many diffs (not as many as you), and had them to a point where they would not leak. Then I tried the Mugen o-rings. Built the diffs with my proven method Put 4 full days through them. They leaked almost as bad as the unglued diffs. Rebuilt them with stock o-rings, and many packs later they are still dry.
I had the same experience. Stock o-rings are better. I rebuilt 2 of 3 with Mugen and 1 without. The stock diff retained the most diff fluid.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxgregg
I only had to drill 4 holes. 3 for the diff mount and 1more for the battery. I used existing holes for the rest.
Any chance you have some drilling specs for the layout? I am very interested in this mod for my new truck!
Old 03-03-2013, 08:36 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by platgof
Any chance you have some drilling specs for the layout? I am very interested in this mod for my new truck!
One of the guys at our track used the rear holes for the front out drive support and then just marked off the rear holes from there. I saw the chassis and it looked like it should work but don't hold me responsible for swiss-cheesiness or lousy drive shaft alignment. I'm not even sure why this change in layout helps. What's the thought process here? More weight to the rear seems to make a truck that already doesn't steer that well steer even less doesn't it? Or am I the only one struggling to get steering (that could very well be the case). Just put in the short Ackerman bar last week and that helped a ton.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:52 AM
Tech Prophet

What size cap head screw do you guys use in the motor mount on the top hole ? The top motor mount screw is tight but it moves from flex im guessing.

Im getting sick of the gear mesh moving after race.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:06 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drepus
http://losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSB2412

Yes there is normally a spacer used under the center diff,losb2412. Some folks have modded their trucks (myself included) and eliminated this spacer to lower the diff and motor. The goal was a lower cg. You can search this thread to see how but the gains are small.
Remember you have to either have an aftermarket chassis like the TLR tuned flex chassis or dremel/machine the chassis under the spur for clearance if you take the chassis spacer out to lower the diff.

Originally Posted by tc5 man
What size cap head screw do you guys use in the motor mount on the top hole ? The top motor mount screw is tight but it moves from flex im guessing.

Im getting sick of the gear mesh moving after race.
I use one of these!
http://losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOSA6240
Old 03-03-2013, 10:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I will post up how i made the mod. I did use one of the existing back holes for a front hole..
Originally Posted by platgof
Old 03-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Casper
Remember you have to either have an aftermarket chassis like the TLR tuned flex chassis or dremel/machine the chassis under the spur for clearance if you take the chassis spacer out to lower the diff.

I use one of these!
How good is the TRL 4000 flex tuned lightened chassis compaired to the other after market chassis on the market?
I have seen jammin, king headz, mip, tlr,on the web. whats the difference's between all the chassis? and which works the best and offers more bang for the buck.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:33 PM
Tech Prophet

Well best bang for the buck would be the Jammin chassis i heard it lowers the gravity on the center diff and its light. Im thinking about getting it.

I dont know about the Losi Flex chassis but the King headz chassis straightens the center diff out and makes the gear mesh not at a angle. But any of the chassis will make the truck lighter .

Casper: Oh thank you i been looking for a screw like that !
Old 03-03-2013, 03:49 PM
Tech Prophet

Guys racing this truck on carpet have you ever tried a alum chassis brace Front and Rear or just the Rear end ? Or the RC8B rear chassis brace in plastic or Alum on carpet ? Im not hurting for grip so.

This is on the stock chassis.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Casper

I use one of these!
So casper your saying with the TLR tuned flex chassis #TLR4000 you dont need to have the chassis spacer under the center diff mounts to have clearence between the spur gear and chassis? And is there other advantages to having the tuned flex chassie besides the lower LCG on the center diff and the lower wight over all for the Losi tenscte 1.0. Thanks

Last edited by mojo 309; 03-03-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:05 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

So casper your saying with the TLR tuned flex chassis #TLR4000 you dont need to have the chassis spacer under the center diff mounts to have clearence between the spur gear and chassis? And is there other advantages to having the tuned flex chassie besides the lower LCG on the center diff and the lower wight over all for the Losi tenscte 1.0. Thanks
Yes it does all those things. Also allows you to run the TLR rear torque rod which gives better rear front to back stiffness but allow more side to side flex for more rear traction.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:17 PM
Tech Prophet

Anybody ?
Old 03-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

How good is the TRL 4000 flex tuned lightened chassis compaired to the other after market chassis on the market?
I have seen jammin, king headz, mip, tlr,on the web. whats the difference's between all the chassis? and which works the best and offers more bang for the buck.
I love my TLR chassis. I can't imagine another brand taking the abuse it does.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.