Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 12:04 PM
  #44101  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (32)
 
POWESKULL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 178
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Raced on our new track which is now more 1/8 scale friendly with a tall triple double and huge doubles. Anyway I landed wrong and broke my servo saver on driverside ackerman screwhole. ripped the screw hole in half and can't find the screw. Has anyone gone to aluminum servo savers or does that cause a ripple effect of broken parts?
POWESKULL is offline  
Old 02-28-2013, 12:07 PM
  #44102  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (24)
 
mysupratoy94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 733
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dtr View Post
TLR332001
Thank you.
mysupratoy94 is offline  
Old 02-28-2013, 12:20 PM
  #44103  
Tech Regular
 
MarqueeRc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Miami, Flooo-Rida
Posts: 363
Default

Just saw previous post, never mind.
MarqueeRc is offline  
Old 02-28-2013, 12:25 PM
  #44104  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 59
Default

Originally Posted by RC_Tactical View Post
Sorry for the late reply, but yes... use a thin bead of CA inside the plastic case, then slide the hex metal insert in quickly, ensuring it is fully seated. Wipe away any excess glue that squishes out and you're good to go. I've never had my diffs leak using the techniques I suggested. Fortunately, I followed the wise council of others on this one, I didn't discover it on my own.

Feel free to PM if you have other questions or need other help.
Is there any step by step instructions on how to do this? Im trying to picture it but im more of a visual guy lol. Just need to know exactly where to place the bead of CA.

Thank you in advance
TekinMan is offline  
Old 02-28-2013, 01:19 PM
  #44105  
Tech Regular
 
xxfile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Orangeville Ontario
Posts: 425
Default

Originally Posted by TekinMan View Post
Is there any step by step instructions on how to do this? Im trying to picture it but im more of a visual guy lol. Just need to know exactly where to place the bead of CA.

Thank you in advance
Just buy the new ones they are $8.00 per diff... they are much smoother and they dont leak.
xxfile is offline  
Old 02-28-2013, 02:38 PM
  #44106  
Tech Regular
 
drepus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 401
Default

Originally Posted by POWESKULL View Post
Raced on our new track which is now more 1/8 scale friendly with a tall triple double and huge doubles. Anyway I landed wrong and broke my servo saver on driverside ackerman screwhole. ripped the screw hole in half and can't find the screw. Has anyone gone to aluminum servo savers or does that cause a ripple effect of broken parts?
That must have been one heck of a thwack the servo saver took! I would recomend sticking to the stock parts as they have proven very tough.
drepus is offline  
Old 02-28-2013, 02:42 PM
  #44107  
Moderator
iTrader: (20)
 
bds81175's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Litchfield, Minnesota
Posts: 2,745
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

I've seen them break there as well. I'm guessing that is why King Headz makes that piece in aluminum. I'm guessing with most of us tightening the crap out of the servo saver the chances of breaking them goes up. With my average at best driving skills, I hate tracks that break parts.
bds81175 is offline  
Old 02-28-2013, 03:04 PM
  #44108  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 59
Default

Originally Posted by xxfile View Post
Just buy the new ones they are $8.00 per diff... they are much smoother and they dont leak.
I plan on it, already ordered them but was not informed that theyre in back order and I have a race this coming weekend... JBRL. So for now I need to get my diffs ready.
TekinMan is offline  
Old 02-28-2013, 03:43 PM
  #44109  
Tech Regular
 
xxfile's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Orangeville Ontario
Posts: 425
Default

Originally Posted by TekinMan View Post
I plan on it, already ordered them but was not informed that theyre in back order and I have a race this coming weekend... JBRL. So for now I need to get my diffs ready.
Sorry didnt realise they were on BO... if you clean them 100% with chemicals and then remove the insert and re clean with chemicals it really is quite obvious when you look at it all you are doing is glueing the insert in and in doing so it seals it...
Worst case scenario the new diff cases are in soon and you get to rebuild them again.
xxfile is offline  
Old 02-28-2013, 04:25 PM
  #44110  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
Benny 13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: N. ILL
Posts: 1,258
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

are the diff pins that come with the coned shaped newer diff gears any better?
Benny 13 is offline  
Old 02-28-2013, 04:44 PM
  #44111  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,999
Default

Originally Posted by TekinMan View Post
I plan on it, already ordered them but was not informed that theyre in back order and I have a race this coming weekend... JBRL. So for now I need to get my diffs ready.


I would look at other websites most of them have them in stock.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 02-28-2013, 05:20 PM
  #44112  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (32)
 
POWESKULL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 178
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bds81175 View Post
I've seen them break there as well. I'm guessing that is why King Headz makes that piece in aluminum. I'm guessing with most of us tightening the crap out of the servo saver the chances of breaking them goes up. With my average at best driving skills, I hate tracks that break parts.
Exactly! look at it. its only 1mm worth or plastic keeping that screw in there. I will look at the KH
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-steering-broken.jpg  
POWESKULL is offline  
Old 02-28-2013, 05:41 PM
  #44113  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,999
Default

I may/ maybe be getting the Jammin SCTE chassis now i know its much lighter than the stock chassis but how does it handle with it compared to the stock ?

And i was looking at the King headz motor mount/ Dual bearing mount now what does the motor mount have that the stock one doesnt other than the dual bearing mount ? I heard you need to use certain pinions with it for that motor mount ?
tc5 man is offline  
Old 02-28-2013, 07:22 PM
  #44114  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
mojo 309's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Illinios
Posts: 320
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Was wondering how many scte 1.0 owners plan on dumping thier old scte for the new scte 2.0?.from what i am hearing if you have most of the hop ups already on the scte1.0 there isnt going to be a whole lot of difference between the two scte's.Has anybody else heard the same thing?
mojo 309 is offline  
Old 02-28-2013, 07:42 PM
  #44115  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mojo 309 View Post
Was wondering how many scte 1.0 owners plan on dumping thier old scte for the new scte 2.0?.from what i am hearing if you have most of the hop ups already on the scte1.0 there isnt going to be a whole lot of difference between the two scte's.Has anybody else heard the same thing?
Most of my 1.0 - including the "hop ups" are more than a year old and 100's of heats - so it's time for a new rig.

I'll keep a few things from my truck - shocks for backup, aluminum diff carriers for the rear, spare torque rod, spare towers, RPM rear bumper mount, but the rest is mostly garbage.
Grandturk is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.