Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 06:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
No i wasnt meaning it in that way . You can do what you want to do with it but i think the truck will handle better with the SC tires. Im not sure if the smaller motors that the truck uses can handle bigger tires like that but maybe it can though.
I thought it would be just a matter of gearing and temperature checking the motor? So if the buggy tyres have a bigger diameter, then either go up on the spur or down on the pinion. Also he could be running 3S...

When converting my mini-Slash (small diameter tyres) to a mini-Summit (big diameter tyres) the motor stayed the same but there was a massive change in pinion/spur combination.

I genuinely don't know here, so would be interested in the answer and right approach to this?
Old 02-26-2013, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

1/8 buggy tires are virtually the same height & width as sc tires. The only difference really is the extended sidewall for sc, same foams in most cases too.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cajvol94 View Post
Sorry if I duplicated this thread but I couldn't find one. I am using my phone so sometimes it's easy to miss. Anyhow has anyone done this to there scte? I have a ton of ebuggy tires and would like to use them. I searched but all I come up with is parts used for the 810 truck that is discontinued as well as parts. Any one? If so provide me some part numbers etc or ideas. Thanks.
Originally Posted by weavty1 View Post
Get a buggy if you want to use 17mm hexes.... Or do the right thing and get REAL SCT wheels/tires
I use REAL SCT wheels/tires with 17MM hexes - the DE Racing wheel for the SC8. I do this because I have more than one SCT variety and with the DE 17MM wheels I can run the same wheel on every truck I have.

Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
Ignore them.. too much coffee or something

You can pick up the losi 810 axles (just the part that goes through the bearings) and losi 810 17mm hex and 17mm wheel nut designed for it and run buggy tires all day if you are bashing and playing. Handling will be great, will change the width a little and obviously no race track will allow it to run. Other than that good times.

Harder to find these days but...

B3567 (axle)
B3499 (hex)
B3498 (wheel nuts)
I got a SCTE used that had a 17MM setup using Ten-T stub axles and the OFNA 17MM adapters meant for the T-Maxx. That might work for you if width is not a concern. I don't use those - my own setup is modified 810 hexes on shortened Ten-T axles so the tires stay inside the body.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I use a setup similar to ta_man to run DE 17mm wheels. I have stock 10T axles with M2C 17mm hubs. This made the wheels stick out a little past the body and was over the 296mm limit. I ended up turning about .100" off the mounting face of each hub to bring the width right to the limit. I did it because I was tired of stripping 12mm hexes and the bonus is I can use by buggy tires to practice on if I want.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Tekin RX8 4600 help

I need help with my RX8 4600 setup. I don't have the Tekin Hotwire..not Apple compatible. I have an SCTE with the MIP setup. Stock spur gear 40T. I have the 4600 geared with a 14T pinion.

What settings without the Tekin Hotwire can I make to make the truck a little faster...it seems to get passed in the straight away. It's running on a 2S lipo.

Current limiter?
Is there a boost without the Hotwire?

Need help...

Anthony
Old 02-27-2013, 12:59 AM
Tech Master

...Hacker ,riddle me this ?? The ti ni hinge pin on the rear hub the threads were shortened to keep people from over tightening right?But seems to leave way to much slop in regards to the hub floating back and forth. Should I add an extra shim? Also general question what do you guys think about the small buggy wings (some ) people have been attaching to the rear of the truck? Mip guys do it and some others too. Cheers!!
Old 02-27-2013, 04:45 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

My personal opinion is that buggy wings are for buggies. But then again, I'd like to be able to race my truck and haul a load of plywood home in the back too. In other words, I appreciate the truck appearance.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:30 AM
Tech Addict

If my truck hardly ever wants to go into reverse, what should I check ?
(Hobbywing SCT Pro ESC, LRP C3 STX Pro transmitter + receiver)

I've tried rebinding the receiver, the ESC is set to forward/brake/rev mode, 50% brake force,40% expo setting on the radio, 9% neutral, 100% EPA for throttle.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
...Hacker ,riddle me this ?? The ti ni hinge pin on the rear hub the threads were shortened to keep people from over tightening right?But seems to leave way to much slop in regards to the hub floating back and forth. Should I add an extra shim? Also general question what do you guys think about the small buggy wings (some ) people have been attaching to the rear of the truck? Mip guys do it and some others too. Cheers!!
Mind if you can share a pic of that? Because I've only seem Matt do that on one or two occasions, and it was just testing during practice.. That wouldn't fly at any race, that I know of. Not if the track/race director(s) have any sense in them.. lol
Old 02-27-2013, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Gotta link to a pic for the wings? I'd say in some conditions it could be considered an unfair advantage... and doesn't really fit the SCT standard. Most trucks now have a standard set of wing type cut outs anyway but you do need to have some limitations to keep things fair to at least some extent.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Wings and spoilers on SC trucks should be banned on a local level. Last year there were some races these were allowed but they put a stop to it. This has been a pretty hot topic around So Cal lately in the SC community. Just say not to SC wings and spoilers.

Mind if you can share a pic of that? Because I've only seem Matt do that on one or two occasions, and it was just testing during practice.. That wouldn't fly at any race, that I know of. Not if the track/race director(s) have any sense in them.. lol
Matt has raced with a wing a lot in the past. I have been in some of those races with him. I have not raced with Matt in a while so not sure if he is still running them or not but it has been done in the past.

Jorn was famous for running a spoiler on his Durango as well.

At the end of the day it is up to the track/race director to enforce this or any rule for that matter.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

1/10 buggy wing attached at the rear body post mounts. I race at two very fun,very Club type tracks..if you get my drift..Whats funny its the Uber fast guys that do it I have only seen a few pro type drivers do it but mostly in practice.If I see more of it in the Mains i`m gonna have to run one just to keep up I don't like it...I really dont even run a rear bumper just the bottom x part. I was thinking somebody maybe Nick Blaise? who runs pro level with colored bead locks and full rear bumper, Mud Flaps .. included..I may try that with my new RTR body just travel to a track were they don't know me and fully sand bag it!!Cheers!!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The spoiler or wing thing in Matts case is garbage for the class. It is expressly stated in the ROAR rules that it is illegal. Some tracks have allowed it and it has casued a lot of issues in SoCal. The JBRL has expressly forbidden them on SC vehicles.

As for the hinge pins, as the arms wear in, you may need an additional shim, the SCTE 2.0 comes with 4 per side.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I don't like the look of spoilers on the SC trucks. Lots of folks out here are now making "spoiler flaps" from the cutout areas on their SC bodies. Cutting the back half of the cutout area and bending the remaining lexan up like a spoiler.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
The spoiler or wing thing in Matts case is garbage for the class. It is expressly stated in the ROAR rules that it is illegal. Some tracks have allowed it and it has casued a lot of issues in SoCal. The JBRL has expressly forbidden them on SC vehicles.
My thoughts exactly. Thanks Ryan!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.