Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 01:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing View Post
off track a bit.... but anyone using a good power drill? if so what brand.... thanks
Makita with Lithium Ion battery
Old 02-23-2013, 02:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Losi Junkie View Post
I heard 4 WD are MUCH tougher to maintenance, is this true?
I would say that the difficulty level is around the same, but there's just more to maintain. So 2 more diffs (since this the SCTE forum), and 3-4 more driveshafts (centre, 2x front). In the end, it's really only the diffs that take time to get to and change fluids...

Having said that, there is also the fact that one change in the drivetrain can now affect other parts of the drivetrain, so you could potentially need to think of more things when doing changes to achieve the desired effect.

If I think about it another way, then I wonder if 4WD is built tougher than 2WD, and so less likely to break and need maintenance that way? Certainly the SCTE is mega tough...

Anyway, hope the maintenance doesn't put you off the SCTE - it's an awesome truck and you don't need to do all that much to keep it running.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:08 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Don't worry about the maintenance too much on this truck. I've had mine a month and have torn it down to the chassis a couple times with no issues. The Team Associated SC10 4x4 is a nightmare to maintain compared to this truck.

Guys, I'm getting beat in the corners by the stinkin' Tekno's. I need more steering. For our main last night, I sauced the front tires only (I know, it was stupid) and I had the steering that I wanted but all the other things I did to the truck to loosen up the rear end came back to bite me (wild oversteer). Any one have suggestions for how to get more steering on a track with a lot of 180's? I've already got the thinnest sway bar in front, a light spring, a low roll center, battery forward, and a partridge in a pear tree. Do I really need to sauce the fronts and not the backs and just try to get the rear end back to planted again?
Old 02-23-2013, 05:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bds81175 View Post
Don't worry about the maintenance too much on this truck. I've had mine a month and have torn it down to the chassis a couple times with no issues. The Team Associated SC10 4x4 is a nightmare to maintain compared to this truck.

Guys, I'm getting beat in the corners by the stinkin' Tekno's. I need more steering. For our main last night, I sauced the front tires only (I know, it was stupid) and I had the steering that I wanted but all the other things I did to the truck to loosen up the rear end came back to bite me (wild oversteer). Any one have suggestions for how to get more steering on a track with a lot of 180's? I've already got the thinnest sway bar in front, a light spring, a low roll center, battery forward, and a partridge in a pear tree. Do I really need to sauce the fronts and not the backs and just try to get the rear end back to planted again?
I actually removed any front swaybar to get me more steering. I also had to lower my ride height 1mm all around to prevent the truck from traction rolling (you could also change droop and/or downstops to achieve the same effect)
Old 02-23-2013, 06:06 AM
Tech Regular

if the rear end is too stuck it can overpower the front end and cause push. i will ofter try a little less rear toe in to free the back up.
Taking the front sway bar off will belp in low speed off power situations but you will lose some on power steering in long sweepers etc.
Are you running the lower holes on the front upper link? If not that belps a bit too.
Some more negative camber in the front tires only, -1.5-2 degrees should help.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MRANTITRAXXAS View Post
Makita with Lithium Ion battery
Thanks for the info i was looking at one from them online!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ditch the front sway bar,go to the short Ackerman plate,also run more toe out.Put the battery back it will cause more weight up front which =push.Lower ride ht.Always sauce front and rear with 4x4 the same.Run shocks middle on tower out on arms.Do not run too heavy of a shock fluid.Cheers!
Old 02-23-2013, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

off track a bit.... but anyone using a good power drill? if so what brand.... thanks
Thanks for the info i was looking at one from them online!
Here ya go...I have one just like it and love it, even if the screw is too tight(like a bolt or not on a real fullsize car) if you pull the trigger and the bolt is stuck, if you turn it, it locks and wont twist backwards, very bad @ss drill

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SNAP-ON-CTS5...786160&vxp=mtr
Old 02-23-2013, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hey just out of curiosity what are your trucks weighing in at???? I am at 5 pounds 7.5oz no body with tires...........
Old 02-23-2013, 04:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey Guys, Complete noob here so be aware! Anyways, Im still learning too drive and i have losi Ten scte still learning how too setup the truck and thats why im here... i have no idea what anything does too the driving characteristics of the truck so if anyone has a good resource for that it would be awesome. my current setup is 5/5/3 with 32.5 wt in the shocks with a pro4 4600 and rx8. If anyone has some speed controller settings that are good too start with it would be helpful.. If anyone has any advice on what i should do too tweak my setup that would be great. Here is the track i race at for reference also my first race.. mine was the Blue and silver truck. Thanks and sorry for the word wall

edit it seems i can not post the youtube link.... so if you want too view the video add this too your youtube link watch?v=fbGyhCT5zpM
Old 02-23-2013, 09:13 PM
Tech Addict

Get the Chris atteberry battery tray.Slide it back as far as possible.Run the short ackerman and move your shocks in to the middle hole on the front arms.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Haha101 View Post
Hey Guys, Complete noob here so be aware! Anyways, Im still learning too drive and i have losi Ten scte still learning how too setup the truck and thats why im here... i have no idea what anything does too the driving characteristics of the truck so if anyone has a good resource for that it would be awesome. my current setup is 5/5/3 with 32.5 wt in the shocks with a pro4 4600 and rx8. If anyone has some speed controller settings that are good too start with it would be helpful.. If anyone has any advice on what i should do too tweak my setup that would be great. Here is the track i race at for reference also my first race.. mine was the Blue and silver truck. Thanks and sorry for the word wall

edit it seems i can not post the youtube link.... so if you want too view the video add this too your youtube link watch?v=fbGyhCT5zpM
http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire/ESC...up-sheets.html
Old 02-23-2013, 10:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Haha101 View Post

http://jq-products.com/the-news/43-t.../160-the-guide
Old 02-23-2013, 10:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Looks like ive got some reading too do thanks guys!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Well i raced the truck today on the indoor carpet . I ran the lower hole on the shock tower while i calmed down the response of the steering/ front end it felt like i needed it more responsive into some tighter corners. so im going to try a pair of tires with knobs on them first before i change it back to the upper hole.

The Droop on the Front was 88.98 and the Rear at 104.58 something around that no traction roll only if i went to hot into the corner lol. I did use 30w shock oil in the rear shocks that did help for sure . And the Front ride height with the arms a little above level and the Rear arms leveled.

But the stock truck could use a diet a little lol.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.