Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 04:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by witman69 View Post
Does anyone know the thread size/ part number for those 4 chassis screws(Circled in RED) holding in the center diff?
Thanks!
I remember asking the same question 1.5 years ago, so glad I can help someone else in the same position.

They are the same size as the ones that hold the front bumper in place, so 8-32 x3/8 flat head screws (LOSA6264).
Old 02-20-2013, 04:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by eddomak View Post
Yes they will. My mate is running those during bash sessions. They are on a 12mm hex, and the offset is a little wider, so the stance of the truck will be slightly wider (and hence even better for bashing/stability). He loved the extra stability. Be aware that the wider stance will not be suitable for competition though as it will be beyond the maximum width permissable.

Hope this helps!
That is helping brilliantly, thanks a lot !
Old 02-20-2013, 04:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Djioul View Post
", I was just wondering : will they fit my SCTE??
Im not sure about those particular tires, but the stock Slash Platinum ones fit just fine.
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-wp_000259.jpg   Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-wp_000258.jpg  

Last edited by witman69; 02-20-2013 at 05:00 AM. Reason: I cant spell
Old 02-20-2013, 04:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

FWIW, I thought my Slash was the shizz until I drove a friend's SCTE at the track. It IS still a fun basher though.

Last edited by witman69; 02-20-2013 at 05:12 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by eddomak View Post
I remember asking the same question 1.5 years ago, so glad I can help someone else in the same position.

They are the same size as the ones that hold the front bumper in place, so 8-32 x3/8 flat head screws (LOSA6264).
Awesome, Thanks Eddomak!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

I new to the scte and racing. I race on carpet and am having trouble with driving hard through the tight corners without rolling over. I am running the sway bars. I run 35 shock oil and black spring on front. I have 27.5/silver on rear. inner and bottom camber link. ride height it 27mm. 1 degree camber. I was going to try and use the carpet setup on Losi's site, but it is only 14mm ride height. There is no way I could run that without bottoming out.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Good afternoon guys, I'm in the market for a Losi SCTE and I have some basic newbie questions:

1: How many teeth are on the stock spur?
2: What is the proper wheel (offset) to use on the SCTE?
3: Necessary/must have upgrades?
Old 02-20-2013, 09:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tbills66 View Post
I new to the scte and racing. I race on carpet and am having trouble with driving hard through the tight corners without rolling over. I am running the sway bars. I run 35 shock oil and black spring on front. I have 27.5/silver on rear. inner and bottom camber link. ride height it 27mm. 1 degree camber. I was going to try and use the carpet setup on Losi's site, but it is only 14mm ride height. There is no way I could run that without bottoming out.
bottoming out is ok just don't want to chassis slap or make you flip over/bounce off track on landing to much
Old 02-20-2013, 10:24 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Bottoming out is not a bad thing. Run the Dustin Evans setup for carpet. His truck looked like it was on rails. Carpet is so high bite you have to get the car low so it will not roll over.

Originally Posted by taco0 View Post
Good afternoon guys, I'm in the market for a Losi SCTE and I have some basic newbie questions:

1: How many teeth are on the stock spur?
2: What is the proper wheel (offset) to use on the SCTE?
3: Necessary/must have upgrades?
1: 40
2: Most call it zero offset but most companies make wheels for the SCTE and say so on the lable.
3: Only thing most agree is a "must" is carbon towers as the stocks may bend in a hard crash. Other stuff is for tuning options. Upgrade the outdrives to the HD lightened after the stock ones wear out. Obviously there are a lot of parts that you can upgrade but the argument for Necessary/must have is up to each driver.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

[QUOTE=Casper;11839844]Bottoming out is not a bad thing. Run the Dustin Evans setup for carpet. His truck looked like it was on rails. Carpet is so high bite you have to get the car low so it will not roll over.

What is your thought on the sway bars? I have been told to take the sway bars off as this will free the truck up. Won't that make the rolling over worse?
Also, are the black silver and gold springs the same as the ones in the tlr spring kit?
Old 02-20-2013, 11:46 AM
Tech Addict

I was using gold springs, 50wt, heavy swaybars, really really low rideheight and schumacher minipins on carpet. Worked wonderful, it was really stiff and hardly ever traction-rolled.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=tbills66;11839892]
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Bottoming out is not a bad thing. Run the Dustin Evans setup for carpet. His truck looked like it was on rails. Carpet is so high bite you have to get the car low so it will not roll over.

What is your thought on the sway bars? I have been told to take the sway bars off as this will free the truck up. Won't that make the rolling over worse?
Also, are the black silver and gold springs the same as the ones in the tlr spring kit?
The Evans carpet setup is definately the right direction to go. Lower ride height and stiffer sway bars will help with rolling over. You may want to try the upper hole on the tower for the front upper tie rod. This will reduce the aggresiveness of the steering.
No sway bars will definately cause more chassis roll=more likelt to roll over.
To help achieve a lower ride height you will need to cut a couple of coils off either the stock springs or the option rear springs. They are just too long for this low a setup. I remember cutting 2 coils off the stock black rear springs when I first raced the truck on carpet. I ran the cut portion of the spring "up" as i was worried the cut side would easily pop off the spring cup if mounted with the cut side down.
The schunmachers are notorious for traction rolling and it is normal to see folks trim off the outside two rows of pins on all four tires to slightly reduce it.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Tech Addict

No need to cut up springs, just use front springs in the rear.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

[QUOTE=tbills66;11839892]
Originally Posted by Casper View Post

Swaybars would be a must for me on carpet. Stiff then what we normally run as well.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Tech Prophet

Lightbulb

Yup i know where your coming from i race on a Carpet indoor track also. The main thing that will have the biggest effect of helping rollovers is the turning the drop screws in front and Rear. I have my where in the front the screw is just touching underneth and the Rear is almost touching.

Ride height i dint use a gauge so my is where the rear arms are level and the front are barely leveled yea theres no way i could run that low also not with the jumps at my track. The 1 degree camber is right on .

Shock oil im using 40w/4 hole and 32 1/2 /3 hole Rear . Springs i actually tried the Blue springs up front and that helped a lot all around steering etc.

Rear spring is a Meduim black spring im going to try a Silver color one .

Sway bar i actually loosen the set screws on my and the rear also but im going to try out some stiffer ones Front and Rear The Camber link i been running the upper hole but im going to try the bottom one.

And Tires play the biggest roll and not flying into turns.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.