Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 07:44 PM
  #4381  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (6)
 
DC#14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: alabama
Posts: 188
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cult Racing View Post
which castle motor are you going with?
I have a tekin 5.5 I have a castle esc.
DC#14 is offline  
Old 03-21-2011, 07:46 PM
  #4382  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
SaladFork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,349
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DC#14 View Post
I have a tekin 5.5 I have a castle esc.
I use a 16T with my 5.5 indoors... Runs about 140 after about 8 minutes. Not blistering fast but smoooooth. Grab a 18T while you are at it.
SaladFork is offline  
Old 03-21-2011, 07:48 PM
  #4383  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (28)
 
Teambcw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: So Cal.
Posts: 653
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by S/X Runner View Post
I posted this yesterday, but as fast as this thread moves...
I would love to see Peck and truhe's set-up's for the Cactus Classic.

Thanks guys.
+1
Teambcw is offline  
Old 03-21-2011, 07:50 PM
  #4384  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
SaladFork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,349
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Teambcw View Post
+1
Here is the 'Ask Casey Peck" thread... http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=14941

He is there more than he is here (not all the BS over there).
SaladFork is offline  
Old 03-21-2011, 07:55 PM
  #4385  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (6)
 
DC#14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: alabama
Posts: 188
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
I use a 16T with my 5.5 indoors... Runs about 140 after about 8 minutes. Not blistering fast but smoooooth. Grab a 18T while you are at it.
Thanks!
DC#14 is offline  
Old 03-21-2011, 08:05 PM
  #4386  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (37)
 
S/X Runner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 947
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
Here is the 'Ask Casey Peck" thread... http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=14941

He is there more than he is here (not all the BS over there).
Thanks bro.
S/X Runner is offline  
Old 03-21-2011, 08:20 PM
  #4387  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 677
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I just purchased a new steering servo for my SCTE. The guys at hot rod hobbies recommended the Airtronics 94780M. Its overkill for the truck but oh well.

I haven't experienced any glitches with this servo so for the guys running the MMP SCT combo or just the MMP esc and are experiencing glitching issues with their servo's, just wanted to let you know that the Airtronics 94780M is a great high torque servo that works perfectly on my MMP SCT combo.

Also, I may get flamed for this, but I just purchased a Stampede 4x4 to bash around with lol
snowboardgeek1 is offline  
Old 03-21-2011, 08:28 PM
  #4388  
Tech Master
iTrader: (42)
 
Cult Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: La$ Vega$
Posts: 1,806
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1 View Post
I just purchased a new steering servo for my SCTE. The guys at hot rod hobbies recommended the Airtronics 94780M. Its overkill for the truck but oh well.

I haven't experienced any glitches with this servo so for the guys running the MMP SCT combo or just the MMP esc and are experiencing glitching issues with their servo's, just wanted to let you know that the Airtronics 94780M is a great high torque servo that works perfectly on my MMP SCT combo.

Also, I may get flamed for this, but I just purchased a Stampede 4x4 to bash around with lol
I got the savox 1268 and its legit, no glitching at all! Lmao nice dude, that would be fun to watch
Cult Racing is offline  
Old 03-21-2011, 08:29 PM
  #4389  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
SaladFork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,349
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by S/X Runner View Post
Thanks bro.
Anytime!

Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1 View Post
Also, I may get flamed for this, but I just purchased a Stampede 4x4 to bash around with lol
OMGWTFBBQ!!

SaladFork is offline  
Old 03-21-2011, 08:49 PM
  #4390  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (51)
 
Kash$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sykesville, MD
Posts: 2,687
Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
I use a 16T with my 5.5 indoors... Runs about 140 after about 8 minutes. Not blistering fast but smoooooth. Grab a 18T while you are at it.
What is the stock number on that 4pole mamba motor some of the Losi drivers are using in conjunction with the tekin RX8, i think there using the combo with a 3 cell battery.
Kash$ is offline  
Old 03-21-2011, 09:01 PM
  #4391  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 677
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cult Racing View Post
I got the savox 1268 and its legit, no glitching at all! Lmao nice dude, that would be fun to watch
Sounds good! I was using a JR 8800T which worked fine as well. I'll probably put it on the Stampede since the Stampede is a bit lighter than the SCTE.

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post



OMGWTFBBQ!!

lol I'm using the SCTE for racing and the Stampede for bashing (at least that's how I'm rationalizing the purchase in my head haha). Most likely I'll be purchasing a Tekin RX8 and SC4X to use on the SCTE and put the MMP SCT combo on the Stampede. I heard Tekin offers a huge discount for military personnel
snowboardgeek1 is offline  
Old 03-21-2011, 09:04 PM
  #4392  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
SaladFork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,349
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kash$ View Post
What is the stock number on that 4pole mamba motor some of the Losi drivers are using in conjunction with the tekin RX8, i think there using the combo with a 3 cell battery.
Neu-Castle 1415 2400 kv motor

This one -
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
SaladFork is offline  
Old 03-21-2011, 09:24 PM
  #4393  
Tech Master
iTrader: (42)
 
Cult Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: La$ Vega$
Posts: 1,806
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1 View Post
Sounds good! I was using a JR 8800T which worked fine as well. I'll probably put it on the Stampede since the Stampede is a bit lighter than the SCTE.



lol I'm using the SCTE for racing and the Stampede for bashing (at least that's how I'm rationalizing the purchase in my head haha). Most likely I'll be purchasing a Tekin RX8 and SC4X to use on the SCTE and put the MMP SCT combo on the Stampede. I heard Tekin offers a huge discount for military personnel
Ya they do, I think its up to 60% off, a buddy of mine got a rx8 for like a couple $ over 100.
Cult Racing is offline  
Old 03-21-2011, 10:08 PM
  #4394  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (185)
 
pink_sleeve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Planet Melmac
Posts: 4,905
Trader Rating: 185 (99%+)
Default

For the guys who like the DE racing wheels. I spoke with them today via email and they expect to have the white ones available in about a week and silver available in about 2 weeks
pink_sleeve is offline  
Old 03-21-2011, 10:21 PM
  #4395  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Havasu AZ
Posts: 1,143
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Could someone tell me what tooth number pinion this truck comes with??

Also what type of pinion does it take part #'s would be great"

Could I use my ofna Hyper 9E pinions???

Thanks
Chuck 21 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.