Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Ruger357
I like your paint job!
Thanks!
Originally Posted by Gene158
Feint motion, how did you do that camo? Is it like a wrap or something?
Its just flat black spray enamel, painted the body the standard way, sprayed/masked the camo pattern on the outside with regular flat black. Sprayed about 3-4 coats.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Hey guys about to do a spring cleaning/rebuild....what are some wear and tear things i should look out for? How do you tell if the gears inside the diff cases are in need of change? i have 3 sets to replace them just want to know if thats needed?
Old 02-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing
Hey guys about to do a spring cleaning/rebuild....what are some wear and tear things i should look out for? How do you tell if the gears inside the diff cases are in need of change? i have 3 sets to replace them just want to know if thats needed?
Depends how old/often you use your truck.

Wear'n tear-
*Stock Balls on the joints will wear out, Get the HD Balls for your links, I'd recommend getting new link ends as well.

*Bearings- Your front/Rear pinion bearing gears will wear out over time, causing slop in your center driveshafts. Possible diff slipping.

These are the only things that wore out on my truck, and I beat it to hell on a 1/5th and 8th scale outdoor track.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:35 PM
Tech Addict

I bought the Losi OSA99104 wrench set, I must say I'm impressed. It feels much more solid than my Hudy & Fastrax tools, and I was actually able to get some stripped screws out that my (3 months old) Hudy & Fastrax tools couldn't.

And I finally received my TLR332001 diffs.... Wow !
What a difference with the old diffs -simple install, everything fits accurately (didn't even need to press down on the gears), just screw them together and it's buttery smooth.
Threw my old losi and hot-racing diffs away, I'll only be using these from now on.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
Depends how old/often you use your truck.

Wear'n tear-
*Stock Balls on the joints will wear out, Get the HD Balls for your links, I'd recommend getting new link ends as well.

*Bearings- Your front/Rear pinion bearing gears will wear out over time, causing slop in your center driveshafts. Possible diff slipping.

These are the only things that wore out on my truck, and I beat it to hell on a 1/5th and 8th scale outdoor track.
those are the things i bought as well as the new diff housings! thanks for the heads up!
Old 02-09-2013, 08:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Well i went racing tonight and heres what i figured out about the SCTE on carpet to get it from traction rolling not as nearly bad.

1. I loosen the set screws on the sway bars front and Rear for sure it helped !

2. turned the droop screws on the front down to where they just touch the chassis pretty noticeble less pushing out of corners.

3. I tryed out the front Blue springs with the stock 40w/4 hole with the shock mounted out on the arm OMG big diffrence. Compared to the Meduim Black race springs more steering no push even with shot tires on !

The only thing i did not try is moving the battery forward but the only thing i dont like about that is increased nose diving/more forward weight.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:26 PM
Tech Prophet

I bought 2 of the new diff cases the quality of them is much better however for some reason they where leaking pretty bad it could of been me not tighten them in the right pattern on something. They are smoother smooth enough for a gear diff can get.

But i refiled one of them back up used some green slime on the new diff Gasket on both sides no leaks at all !
Old 02-09-2013, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Ran my truck tonight with the new MIP spur gear its very quit compared to the losi spur made the truck feel smoother.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hkrob
Ran my truck tonight with the new MIP spur gear its very quit compared to the losi spur made the truck feel smoother.
+1 love mine
Old 02-10-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Three weeks ago I purchased the 16 piece HA ball set. I installed them along with new rod ends on the front and rear camber links and the front tie rods. I had 4 left over when I was done that I presume are for the lower shock ends. Unfortunately the link with the most slop on my truck is the one that goes from my servo horn to the bellcrank and there are no HA balls for this link in the kit. The only replacement I can find is part #losb4210 which includes some new a couple new rod ends and balls as well as a bunch of stuff I have no use for as it is geared for the nitro truck. Does anyone know
if there is a HA replacement for the balls in this link?
Old 02-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cttech455
Three weeks ago I purchased the 16 piece HA ball set. I installed them along with new rod ends on the front and rear camber links and the front tie rods. I had 4 left over when I was done that I presume are for the lower shock ends. Unfortunately the link with the most slop on my truck is the one that goes from my servo horn to the bellcrank and there are no HA balls for this link in the kit. The only replacement I can find is part #losb4210 which includes some new a couple new rod ends and balls as well as a bunch of stuff I have no use for as it is geared for the nitro truck. Does anyone know
cttech, the same sized ball ends and steel balls are used in the 8ight buggies. I'll see if i can find a part number for you.

losa6044
http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...rodID=LOSA6044

or losa6045
http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...rodID=LOSA6045
Old 02-10-2013, 10:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
Finished up my brand new SCTE,(3ird one lol) Nothing major done, just a Full TLR shock upgrade, New HD diffs and HD outdrives. Going to get a Tuning kit soon.

Kept the body simple.

BTW, whats the best chassis...

lol
Noticed from the pic that you have the locking nut under the servo arm. Turn it around and you have more movement at least on my older servo the nut contacted with the servo in extreme position and I think that that was what broke my servo/reciever box this was in the inner hole position, which I prefer with long ackermann.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:10 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by cttech455

Im going to get the HA balls sometime soon but i did notice a little improvement to tighten the slop up was getting the HD steering saver tube . I would get that also its dirt cheap.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by drepus
cttech, the same sized ball ends and steel balls are used in the 8ight buggies. I'll see if i can find a part number for you.

losa6044
http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...rodID=LOSA6044

or losa6045
http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...rodID=LOSA6045
Thats exactly what I'm looking for. I appreciate it.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Im going to get the HA balls sometime soon but i did notice a little improvement to tighten the slop up was getting the HD steering saver tube . I would get that also its dirt cheap.
Thanks man. I did install the HA servo tube a couple weeks ago when I replaced the original rod ends and balls.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.