Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (98%+)

Getting Ready for Texas Pro Series
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-losi.jpg  
Old 01-10-2013, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

You guys rock! This thread is awesome because of great peeps pushing it along.

I'm getting out of the 4x4 SC class to focus on one class (and RL). Here's some race items listed for sale:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...iber-tini.html

I'll still be around, but racing once every 2 weeks or so...
Old 01-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So Ive been thinking about switching to the MIP chassis. I have my truck dialed and I honestly dont see the chassis kit making it that much better. Is it worth it or does it basically make it a new truck? Help me make a decision! lol!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

if your truck is dialed then why bother? go buy some more tires with the $.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MattP View Post
I'd be weary of maxamps completely overrated C ratings..... I will never buy another maxamps pack. I paid $175 for a pack last year and had a cheap turnigy nano tech perform the same for 1/4 of the price.

Anyways not trying to start another maxamps war online. Just stating my personal experience.
I have been using Venom's 8000 /20c soft packs for 2 seasons in the SCTE with no problems no puffing and great runtime.
2 of the packs have two seasons and 2 have one season and all are still going like new.
we shall see how long into season 3 they go but I would definitely buy them again.
My Nanotech packs were done after one season so the price for the venoms seems fine by me.
my first Lipo's were Maxamps i ordered 4 and then called them back to add a smart stop to the order and i got an order of four batts then a second order of four plus the smart stops but I only paid once. that was a great deal with their mistake and made the price a LOT better...they died in the third season.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by myl3s91 View Post
So Ive been thinking about switching to the MIP chassis. I have my truck dialed and I honestly dont see the chassis kit making it that much better. Is it worth it or does it basically make it a new truck? Help me make a decision! lol!
I'm in the same boat. I see no reason to invest another $170 into a truck that is working great. I think if you are just buying a new truck, then an MIP conversion might make sense. If you already have the TLR kit and alum chassis, then it makes a lot less sense.

On the track, I don't see a big advantage at all. I have yet to be destroyed by an MIP converted SCTE.

Last edited by blade329; 01-11-2013 at 08:16 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:07 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by blade329 View Post
I have yet to be destroyed by an MIP converted SCTE.
Easy enough, if thrown at it with good aim and enough velocity
Old 01-11-2013, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by myl3s91 View Post
I got a buddy that made the switch he was killing it with the scte and the tuned flex chassis and when he switched over to the mip it was like he took a step backwards.Since then he has adjusted to the mip and is doing decent but being his somewhat rival I don't think he is as fast with the mip.So I guess it depends in the person I'm sure it has a different feel to it.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Mod Chassis

Here is my mip chassis mod i did with carbon tower drilled with stock hole new battery tray.

Last edited by Kakenballs; 02-06-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Tech Addict

oh & the servo mount is from the mip kit
Old 01-11-2013, 01:10 PM
Tech Addict

Default My mip kit with a few mods

what is your feed back?

Last edited by Kakenballs; 02-06-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kakenballs View Post
oh & the servo mount is from the mip kit
That's smart because stock sucks balls.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Mip seemed to make mine really nimble over all, jumps better, etc., but no matter what I do I haven't been able to find as much on-power steering as I would like. If I wasn't switching trucks I would probably add weight to the front next.

I actually have the rear jacked up which works great everywhere except hard on the brakes it goes on its front wheels and tries to swap ends.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:43 PM
Tech Addict

Here is my uninformed input :

The MIP-kip changes the stock SCTE, high on its wheels, into a lean mean racing machine. Or so I've heard.
But... You can take the stock SCTE, throw some hopups at it - the BCE, Bump, Khz, TLR, Jammin, Xtrm, whatever chassis - and some carbon fiber shocktowers, and the TLR racing springs, and with some tweaking you'll have a lean mean tuned machine.

The MIP kit is (for what I've heard from friends) absolutely brilliant with regards to value for money - it's not a chassis, it's a complete tuning kit. Chassis, shocktowers, springs.. the works.

But there are other ways to upgrade your SCTE. I started with just a new chassis, so I tried to figure out what chassis would be best for me.
I liked the idea of a straightened drivetrain that would cause less wear / friction, so I started with the King Headz chassis with lower center of gravity, and more important, a modified diff position for less stain on the drivertrain.
2 Weeks later, found some money to spare, got the Khz dual bearing diff mount. Rocks.
And so on and so on.

Got a reasonably stock SCTE, and some money to spare ?
I'd go for the MIP kit - because it's not a chassis, it's an all in one "Make EVERYTHING better" upgrade.

Got an SCTE that already has carbon fibre shocktowers... I'd pick the Jammin' chassis from Amain (now including a hardened steel screw set) and not worry too much.
Tweaking the ride-height and/or shocks of your SCTE might gain you as much as switching to the MIP kit does. But if you're stock and tweaked, the MIP might just take you to the next level

Anyway, that's my $0.02, I don't know shit about RC except what I read / try, your mileage may vary..
Old 01-11-2013, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

All right need your guy's help just got my mmp back from castle they sent me a new one and just got my motor back from tekin pro4 they said there is nothing wrong with my motor hooked it all back up and it doing the same thing i floor it it jumps stops then takes off like a rocket so i pull sensor wire and it works fine so i unsoder the motor put my 550 2pole in runs fine. then i hook the pro4 up to the brushlesshobbies esc works fine until you floor it and then try to take off again then it cogs like its in unsenserd mod shut the esc of and back on then it works fine again hook the 4.5 550 2pole to the bh esc and it works great with no problems at all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.