Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 10:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

BTW, I can sort of understand the point behind specifically including some type of note on the instructions/explosion diagram to exclude the micro-shims. Many people will simply take their existing diffs apart, clean the parts, and then reassemble into the new diff with no changes. Just some type of change to the symbol would be good.

Also, as always, thanks Ryan for for doing that blog as it was really good for a supplement to the YouTube video. I also really appreciate the grace with which you deal with the comments and other manufacturers' products out there. Awesome!
Old 01-10-2013, 12:54 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

If I want to just replace the driveshaft pins what size do I order? I'm thinking of buying a chain breaker or bone saver tool so I won't have to replace whole driveshafts.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (98%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
I know this has never been asked on here before but do any soft case 2s lipos fit into the SCTE like Nanotech , Gen aces etc with a high enough MAH ? It would reduce weight for sure on my stock SCTE.
Yes, they do. I have two soft pack, long, flat Nano-Techs. You have to remove the two little bumpers that hold the hard cases in place. Depending on the length of the battery you pick, you will also need to use some sort of foam bumper to wedge it in to place.

After a few months of using them, I have mixed feeling. Your center of gravity is slightly lower, but you lose the ability to easily adjust weight distribution. Also, the purple shrink wrap has split at the end of one of the batteries and they have both developed slight curves in their form. I believe both of these are the result of hard crashes. YMMV.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
If you read the blog that was done, I specifically mention that the shims behind the sun gears are used still.
I think ryan meant to say the little shims are NOT used anymore, as he mentions on the blog and as shown on the included picture with the new diff cases.
Thanks again ryan and casper for all your efforts!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattP View Post
If I want to just replace the driveshaft pins what size do I order? I'm thinking of buying a chain breaker or bone saver tool so I won't have to replace whole driveshafts.
I use this tool http://rcrenew.com/tools.html the second one down, I'm not sure about the size of pin's for the scte, I would think there the same as the 8 but don't know, would like to know as well, under the weather right now but when I'm feeling better I will measure the pin's and get back to you.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
I know this has never been asked on here before but do any soft case 2s lipos fit into the SCTE like Nanotech , Gen aces etc with a high enough MAH ? It would reduce weight for sure on my stock SCTE.
A lot of us in the NE Ohio area are running the 8200 mAh pack from SPC in the losi. Its a soft pack and they seem to hold up just fine. They have a thin aluminum plate in them to help protect them.

http://spcracing.com/index.php?productID=153

This pack is new, I ran it last weekend and it was amazing!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:58 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Same as 1/8 12.8mm for center and 13.8mm for wheel bones. I personally prefer a Chain breaker Vs some of those smaller units.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drepus View Post
I think ryan meant to say the little shims are NOT used anymore, as he mentions on the blog and as shown on the included picture with the new diff cases.
Thanks again ryan and casper for all your efforts!
The old case used two different shims. There were the 4 tiny ones that go between the metal block and the small bevel gears and there were the 2 larger shims that go behind the pin and larger bevel sun gear. The 4 tiny ones are no longer used but the 2 larger ones are used.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

I hope we're allowed two dumb questions in the same week....

I bought the Losi lightened outdrives, but mysteriously (to me at least) they don't come with the pins which apparently come with the standard outdrives. Only a problem if building new diffs from scratch, vs. just replacing outdrives for an existing diff.

Is there a drive pin kit for the SCTE, or just a part # for the outdrive pins?
Old 01-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tio Loco View Post
I hope we're allowed two dumb questions in the same week....

I bought the Losi lightened outdrives, but mysteriously (to me at least) they don't come with the pins which apparently come with the standard outdrives. Only a problem if building new diffs from scratch, vs. just replacing outdrives for an existing diff.

Is there a drive pin kit for the SCTE, or just a part # for the outdrive pins?
They are assuming you already have a diff and this is an upgrade.

The pins come in this bag
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB3568

The only other way I see them come is with the stock outdrives.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I got my 3000wt differential oil in yesturday from horizon and was able to rebuild the last of my three differentials (rear) with the updated housings and lightened outdrives. Unfortunately I ran into a QC issue with my ring gear. The outer diameter of the outdrive where the ring gear fits over measures roughly
30.3 or so millimeters. My ring gear is out of round. In one direction the inner bore that fits over the outside of the housing measures 30.75 millimeters, but in the other direction it only measures 30.04 millimeters. There is almost 3/4 a millimeter difference between the measurement of the diameter in one direction as opposed to the other. This difference is apparent when measureing the major diameter as well. Because the inside diameter of the ring gear where it fits over the housing is over a quarter inch less than the housing it makes it very difficult to force the gear on. When it was on the gear wasn't cocentric. I removed some material from the ring gear where it interfered with the outside of the housing and then reinstalled it using the four flat head screws to locate it on center. This worked and the ring gear now meshes properly with the pinion which I was happy about because I didn't want to have to reuse the old housing. Was there ever an issue with the gears at one time like a bad batch or something or is this gear an anomaly?
Old 01-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by cpt_RedBeard View Post
A lot of us in the NE Ohio area are running the 8200 mAh pack from SPC in the losi. Its a soft pack and they seem to hold up just fine. They have a thin aluminum plate in them to help protect them.

http://spcracing.com/index.php?productID=153

This pack is new, I ran it last weekend and it was amazing!
That is a great price for a 8200mah pack!
Old 01-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Same as 1/8 12.8mm for center and 13.8mm for wheel bones. I personally prefer a Chain breaker Vs some of those smaller units.
Thank you Integra.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

That is a great price for a 8200mah pack!
Yeah.....but not in stock.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:24 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by MRANTITRAXXAS View Post
Yeah.....but not in stock.
It showed four in stock earlier so I guess they sold right after the link was posted.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.