Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

not the drive pins.. im talking the coupler pins..
Old 01-04-2013, 01:45 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MRDYOSHI
Slop = Fast ... errr right?

if you are concerned about drive pins wearing out - http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...placement-Tool

and just order the right pins - this might work for the scte drive pins
Is this pin replacement tool any better than bicycle chain breakers?
What replacements pins do you suggest?
Old 01-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dtr
Is this pin replacement tool any better than bicycle chain breakers?
What replacements pins do you suggest?
Chain tool. Nice! I will have to try that.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I got the hudy tool. My truck was used with tekno everything on it. Will that hudy work on the tekno driveshafts? I am doing my buggies soon, so a pin replacement part would help as well!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone have any tips for running on carpet? My truck is pretty dialed now, I think I might try the 1/8th 2.3mm sway bar on the front. Should I run any droop at all? Got my ape battery tray, still waiting for one similar from china lol, I will see what the quality difference is once it arrives. I am more then happy with the ape battery tray. Looking forward to see how it performs!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112
while i agree with you that the SCTE truck is a good truck.. for the first weekend.. then you gotta replace everything it seems..

i love my truck.. however.. i got more money tied up into this truck, with hopups.. and spares and all that than i do in my 1/8 scale..

from the TLR tuning kit, to a new chassis, updated diff out drives, hard anodized ball ends, upgraded shock bodies.. to having to rebuild drive shafts constantly with new stub axels, upgraded front drive axels..

it just wears out so fast..

Now your telling me there is new diffs?

my truck is nothing like it was stock.. it would have been cheaper to buy an ebuggy and convert it using DE 17mm wheels..

but it is still the best choice out there..
+1 losi= money pit. After i did the recommended upgrades, it drove great, super durable as well. Losi just seems to wear a lot faster than any other brand i've seen. That was a big factor in selling my losi. Would be different if TLR came out with a truck with all the upgrades. (which should have already been released a year ago). I do understand the fact, when it came out, it wasn't aimed at racers, more general hobbyist. Still, almost 3 years with no major updates (minus diff cases), is unacceptable for a kit used mainly by racers. Don't act like you guys don't have some big cash wrapped up in this thing. Most of these upgrades aren't "make it your own" upgrades, but rather "you have to do this right away" upgrades.

Btw (blade, i've yet to see a post about the tekno 8th scale wearing fast).
Old 01-04-2013, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
+1 losi= money pit. After i did the recommended upgrades, it drove great, super durable as well. Losi just seems to wear a lot faster than any other brand i've seen. That was a big factor in selling my losi. Would be different if TLR came out with a truck with all the upgrades. (which should have already been released a year ago). I do understand the fact, when it came out, it wasn't aimed at racers, more general hobbyist. Still, almost 3 years with no major updates (minus diff cases), is unacceptable for a kit used mainly by racers. Don't act like you guys don't have some big cash wrapped up in this thing. Most of these upgrades aren't "make it your own" upgrades, but rather "you have to do this right away" upgrades.

Btw (blade, i've yet to see a post about the tekno 8th scale wearing fast).
Like what? Other than the front center drive shaft, what wears a lot faster? I've had the truck for 15 months. Ring and pinion gears are solid. Diff gears are solid. Front and rear wheel drive shafts I had to replace once - rotated them number of times to make them last longer. Outdrives have been fixed. Diff housing has been fixed - haven't tested it yet. There aren't that many more moving parts here.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

A quick heads up guys...
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-products.html

Lets help Chris out here, he was there for us with his hardened diff pins, lets try to return the favor.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcus3r
Like what? Other than the front center drive shaft, what wears a lot faster? I've had the truck for 15 months. Ring and pinion gears are solid. Diff gears are solid. Front and rear wheel drive shafts I had to replace once - rotated them number of times to make them last longer. Outdrives have been fixed. Diff housing has been fixed - haven't tested it yet. There aren't that many more moving parts here.
driveshafts, outdrives, pivotballs, stock shock bodies wear off on the inside.<--wear items
Stock chassis bends, so do shock towers. Doesn't seem like a lot till you add the upgraded parts to your cart. I will say, the truck handled phenomenally when i did all these upgrades. Not hating, just needs better parts in stock form. Best 4x4 sct out there as of now........
Old 01-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
driveshafts, outdrives, pivotballs, stock shock bodies wear off on the inside.<--wear items
Stock chassis bends, so do shock towers. Doesn't seem like a lot till you add the upgraded parts to your cart. I will say, the truck handled phenomenally when i did all these upgrades. Best 4x4 sct out there as of now........
Well, let's see.

Driveshafts - normal; Tekno do not last much longer from my experience, granted I only tried the center front; the wheel ones are too expensive because you have to get the whole set including the outdrives.

Pivot balls - yes, including the anodized. I will give you that one.

Shock bodies - never had an issue with those. Even if they wear off on the inside, haven't noticed the performance difference.

Chassis and shock tower (rear only, really) - yes. One time upgrade, done.

This hobby is time consuming and expensive. Dumping on the SCTE without there being anything else out there that is better, pointless.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcus3r
Well, let's see.

Driveshafts - normal; Tekno do not last much longer from my experience, granted I only tried the center front; the wheel ones are too expensive because you have to get the whole set including the outdrives.

Pivot balls - yes, including the anodized. I will give you that one.

Shock bodies - never had an issue with those. Even if they wear off on the inside, haven't noticed the performance difference.

Chassis and shock tower (rear only, really) - yes. One time upgrade, done.

This hobby is time consuming and expensive. Dumping on the SCTE without there being anything else out there that is better, pointless.
Your post is pointless, the truck has had these obvious issues plus many more.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:58 PM
Tech Adept

Rockthecatbox, for f--ks sake. You don't even have a losi anymore and you are still post whoring in this thread. Just go away already.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oldschoolnewb
Rockthecatbox, for f--ks sake. You don't even have a losi anymore and you are still post whoring in this thread. Just go away already.
I haven't even posted in this thread in over a month. Apparently i'm wrong when i make 2 posts about a truck, when another guy on here has posted about 4 times in 2 pages regarding issues with the truck. Calm down.

Oh yeah, read wildcat's post and i'm the troll
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...thread-98.html look at all of page 98

Last edited by Rockthecatbox21; 01-04-2013 at 07:00 PM. Reason: more posts for ya'll to get mad at.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldschoolnewb
2months? I doubt that! Even still . Youve be learking!! If i was on the jury id consider you guilty. Party's on , panties off!!!
Sc 4x4 is dieing cause the new 2wd are turning almost as fast laptimes, (unfortunately) with less maintenance
Old 01-04-2013, 05:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Servo

What is a good servo for the scte

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.