Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 03:20 PM
  #42496  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,797
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin_M View Post
Need some help.
I was racing and noticed that my car will not make a tight right turn as it will left. I have adjusted the rods to see if I can get more throw but no go. Any suggestions?
Make sure your steering turnbuckles are equal length.
Rockthecatbox21 is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 03:23 PM
  #42497  
Tech Master
 
Kevin_M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perry Hall MD, USA
Posts: 1,104
Default

Originally Posted by timannnn6 View Post
Servo saver may be sticking.
I just changed servo out from hitec to savox and still no change. My steering rods are same length as well. I think the throw from the servo to the saver is hitting when pushed forward..
Kevin_M is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 03:24 PM
  #42498  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 55
Default

Originally Posted by drepus View Post
Yup

Nope not the same..
LOSB3104 front/read diff housing
LOSB3522.center..also need mounting bracket
Carpet Racer69 is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 03:42 PM
  #42499  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (140)
 
timannnn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin_M View Post
I just changed servo out from hitec to savox and still no change. My steering rods are same length as well. I think the throw from the servo to the saver is hitting when pushed forward..
I mentioned servo saver not servo. If its sticking your wheels will stay in one direction as you turn another. Had this happen on my sons truck. Took it apart, cleaned it, and all is well.
timannnn6 is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 03:49 PM
  #42500  
Tech Regular
 
drepus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 401
Default

Originally Posted by Carpet Racer69 View Post
Nope not the same..
LOSB3104 front/read diff housing
LOSB3522.center..also need mounting bracket
Pretty sure he was asking about these.

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...odID=TLR332001
drepus is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 04:03 PM
  #42501  
Tech Master
 
Kevin_M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perry Hall MD, USA
Posts: 1,104
Default

Originally Posted by timannnn6 View Post
I mentioned servo saver not servo. If its sticking your wheels will stay in one direction as you turn another. Had this happen on my sons truck. Took it apart, cleaned it, and all is well.
fair enough ill tear it all down and look at it tonight.
Kevin_M is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 04:03 PM
  #42502  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Port Orange
Posts: 67
Default

Originally Posted by ironzgti35 View Post
Any online vendors have the new diff cases in stock yet? Beside horizon
NitroHouse has them for $6.79
http://www.nitrohouse.com/HD-Differe...E_p_15372.html

Last edited by Throwindirt; 12-30-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Throwindirt is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 05:02 PM
  #42503  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (140)
 
timannnn6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,284
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin_M View Post
fair enough ill tear it all down and look at it tonight.
Before you tear into it turn the car on with your steering servo centered. Grab a front wheel and force turn left then let go. It should come back to center. Do the same thing but force turn right it should come back to center. If it sticks you'll know. Mine just had a small amount of grit in the servo saver. Once cleaned it worked great.
timannnn6 is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 05:04 PM
  #42504  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Panda-PR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 634
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Is this the HW mentioned 2 pages back?
XERUN SCT COMBO (SCT-PRO Series), the 4000kv?
http://www.falconsekido.com/products...sct-pro-series
Product number: 81040180 in blue, 81040201 in black
Thanks
Panda-PR is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 05:12 PM
  #42505  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Leominster,Ma.
Posts: 656
Default

Originally Posted by Panda-PR View Post
Is this the HW mentioned 2 pages back?
XERUN SCT COMBO (SCT-PRO Series), the 4000kv?
http://www.falconsekido.com/products...sct-pro-series
Product number: 81040180 in blue, 81040201 in black
Thanks
Thats the one.Its a great combo for the price you cant beat it.Good customer service too.Any other questions pm me.
Losi57 is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 05:18 PM
  #42506  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Panda-PR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 634
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Losi57 View Post
Thats the one.Its a great combo for the price you cant beat it.Good customer service too.Any other questions pm me.
Thanks!!
I have a tekin 4600/rx8 installed. Do any of you know if this combo will give me more runtime?
Also, I usually run on a large outdoor track; will this combo run as fast? Or what can I expect vs. the 4600kv ??
Lots of questions! Thanks
Panda-PR is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 05:49 PM
  #42507  
Tech Master
 
Kevin_M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perry Hall MD, USA
Posts: 1,104
Default

Ok can someone tell me what the steering tie rod lengths are supposed to be? They are not defined in the manual.
Kevin_M is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 07:04 PM
  #42508  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
huzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Hemet
Posts: 704
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin_M View Post
Need some help.
I was racing and noticed that my car will not make a tight right turn as it will left. I have adjusted the rods to see if I can get more throw but no go. Any suggestions?
Have you checked the EPA or travel in your settings on radio? I know sometimes switching servos I got to redo the EPA. As far as tie rod lengths what I usually do is with radio and esc on make sure servo horn is centered then adjust the tie rod going to steering rack so steering rack is centered. Then you can adjust tie rods for your toe. I usually go like -1. toe out. Then just kinda measure to see if they are same. Then I put it on ground and adjust trim to make it track straight. Then adjust epas.

Last edited by huzzler; 12-30-2012 at 07:16 PM.
huzzler is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 07:12 PM
  #42509  
Suspended
iTrader: (440)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 10,180
Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by huzzler View Post
Have you checked the EPA or travel in your settings on radio? I know sometimes switching servos I got to redo the EPA.
Definitely check EPA.

Take servo horn off. Center your steering trim and subtrim to zero. Set both left and right EPA to 100 percent. Then install servo horn with radio on. Center the horn using subtrim. Then turn all the way to right and back your EPA down until the servo quits making a stressed sound. Do the same for the left steering throw.
MattP is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 07:17 PM
  #42510  
Tech Master
iTrader: (40)
 
BlackStarRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miramar, Florida
Posts: 1,786
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

also try checking your dual rate settings if your radio has them this sometimes cause the servo to turn short
BlackStarRacing is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.