Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 09:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Can someone recommend a screw extractor for a small set screw for a 1/8 scale motor. The size is approx. 1/16. I could dremel it, but would have to find a good drill bit. It would also be nice to have a set of high quality bits/extractors for future use.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SouthFloridaApp View Post
Can someone recommend a screw extractor for a small set screw for a 1/8 scale motor. The size is approx. 1/16. I could dremel it, but would have to find a good drill bit. It would also be nice to have a set of high quality bits/extractors for future use.
Sears craftsman has a set of the backouts.. work well and two very small ones included in the set.

Lot easier to make a flat spot with the dremel (disc wheel) and use a flat head screwdriver though
Old 12-30-2012, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have use small Torx bits which have worked great. Tap it into the allen and back it out. Won't damage pinion.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

The Craftman ez outs have a left handed drill bit on the opposite end. Most of the time that will break the screw loose. My set has 4 micro sizes. Its invaluable!
Old 12-30-2012, 10:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer View Post
Dont take personal but you have not mentioned any tool that I would consider worthy of my money, now that I know better, lol.
Do yourself a favor either order MIP tools or get the HPI screws and be done with it.
Yeah first off was using mip tools, didn't help, the screws were soft, went to the hpi screws got the rear done, center diff wasn't true, was wobbling after many attempts , and yeah I know how to build a diff bro, lol, like I said before prob just got a bad batch, wanna trade your new diffs for mine? I'm not on here cryin, it's all good, just the way the ball rolls. Shoot I'll prob buy em again, gonna wait a bit though, lol

Last edited by Rich D; 12-30-2012 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Change info
Old 12-30-2012, 10:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eddomak View Post
This is just a quick comparison for those who might be interested...

I have been using a Tenshock SC411 (sensored, 4 pole, 550 sized) 4000KV for quite a few months now, not racing, but still going around a medium sized, hard packed, outdoor track with some doubles and a triple. Gearing was at 15T and it was temperature around 150F-160F. With this gearing I could clear the triple confidently with the right approach. I dropped it down to 14T to see if my temperatures would improve and found that they didn't improve, and despite better acceleration, I couldn't confidently clear the triple anymore.

I installed the Hobbywing 3656SD (sensored, 4 pole, 540 sized) 4000KV with a 14T pinion and initial driveway testing was that it had just as much go, cooler temperatures, and braking was a lot harder. It also felt a little smoother.

Today I took it down to the same track, and can say that it definitely performs a better than the Tenshock. Even on 14T it could smoke the triple with a lot more clearance, and the temperatures were around 140F-150F. I haven't tried 15T yet. Braking is also definitely a lot harder, so I have needed to adjust my transmitter to suit (haven't tried to adjust the ESC braking setting yet).

Due to track maintenance I haven't done a runtime comparison, but even that would be a guesstimate as I haven't done a timed run with the Tenshock.

Anyway, hope this helps you folk who might be tossing up for motor options.
Regarding braking try to set brake endpoint at about 60 and esc at 50.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY View Post
Is this the one...
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=70231086675
If not , any links would be nice
Yes
Old 12-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rich D View Post
Yeah first off was using mip tools, didn't help, the screws were soft, went to the hpi screws got the rear done, center diff wasn't true, was wobbling after many attempts , and yeah I know how to build a diff bro, lol, like I said before prob just got a bad batch, wanna trade your new diffs for mine? I'm not on here cryin, it's all good, just the way the ball rolls. Shoot I'll prob buy em again, gonna wait a bit though, lol
What do you mean by wobbling? Same thing as stocks were the center diff has some play or the gear gear was not true?
Old 12-30-2012, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
What do you mean by wobbling? Same thing as stocks were the center diff has some play or the gear gear was not true?
i think he means the diff screws wobbling as he was mentioning the tools
Old 12-30-2012, 11:17 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
i think he means the diff screws wobbling as he was mentioning the tools
hum. These new diff cases have slightly tighter holes so the screws will not strip in the case. Only reason the screw should wobble is the hex is not on center.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
My bad Casper, I should of clarified more. The brand new spur was wobbling after many attempts of securing it, criss cross tightening, etc. I put it on my old diff case to check it's trueness, it worked perfectly , any suggestions? I'm not knocking losi by any means, this truck is the shit! Prob just got a bad batch. It was wobbling when I spooled it up with power and all the screws were seated

Last edited by Rich D; 12-30-2012 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Diff info
Old 12-30-2012, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

If any of you could watch this video and tell me your opinion which would work better in terms of handling characteristics that would be great. youtube.com/watch?v=QpQzRlAED7c
Old 12-30-2012, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Need some help.
I was racing and noticed that my car will not make a tight right turn as it will left. I have adjusted the rods to see if I can get more throw but no go. Any suggestions?
Old 12-30-2012, 03:17 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Rich D View Post
My bad Casper, I should of clarified more. The brand new spur was wobbling after many attempts of securing it, criss cross tightening, etc. I put it on my old diff case to check it's trueness, it worked perfectly , any suggestions? I'm not knocking losi by any means, this truck is the shit! Prob just got a bad batch. It was wobbling when I spooled it up with power and all the screws were seated
humm-- I am sure Ryan will read this soon but we did not notice this with the test samples we got. I know Ryan has worked with the production batch. Don't have a solution for you other then possibly lightly sanding the case on a hard flat surface to make sure it is flat. That one is weird.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin_M View Post
Need some help.
I was racing and noticed that my car will not make a tight right turn as it will left. I have adjusted the rods to see if I can get more throw but no go. Any suggestions?
Servo saver may be sticking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.