Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 09:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by "Smiley" View Post
Close up of Tray Mod.
I think Smiley did a great job here.

I would like to hear from the TLR guys however, the reason/design for mounting the battery forward. It appears there was some wiggle room for battery placement on the left side of the chassis.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY View Post
Guys act like parts never break?just cause you broke one part doesn't mean they need to be revamped. The trucks a beast!!
Agree, but when the same part brakes over and over and your friends too then it's a design issue which can be improved (i.e. front a arms) upon.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by "Smiley" View Post
As far as Sc Trucks go, Its hard to beat the Scte. Most durable out there for sure.
+++++1,000,000

Originally Posted by nanoverse View Post
Agree, but when the same part brakes over and over and your friends too then it's a design issue which can be improved (i.e. front a arms) upon.
Your (friends need to quit running into each other!!!The reason they break there is because the screw starts to back out!!!I use the left hand ones for the 8.Since the time the truck came out I have been Racing or practicing 2x a week,I have broken ONE FRONT ARM!!!!!!Some people need to learn to drive and quit blaming the Equipment!!:l ol:
Old 12-27-2012, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

you guys breaking front arms on the losi need to learn on a china doll durango. that thing breaks cos of a sneeze.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I hate to say this, but sometimes it's the driver. You can break a-arms on ANY vehicle if you hit them hard enough.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Some things that may contribute to this and that you can change are...

-DO NOT overtighten the screws holding the bottom of the shock in place. I get them close and then actually back them off half a turn. A very good indicator if you have overtightened these is if you go to take the bottom of the shock out of the arm and it is tough to get out or put back in place. The bottom should slide easily in and out.

-Use left hand threaded screws on the right front and left rear of the vehicle. This will make it so you dont have to overtighten the screw and they wont back out.

Not only will these two things make it so you dont break an arm again, it will make servicing your shocks much easier since you havenet crushed the arm around your shock bottom ball.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Tech Adept

Does anyone have a part # for the left hand screws?

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Some things that may contribute to this and that you can change are...

-DO NOT overtighten the screws holding the bottom of the shock in place. I get them close and then actually back them off half a turn. A very good indicator if you have overtightened these is if you go to take the bottom of the shock out of the arm and it is tough to get out or put back in place. The bottom should slide easily in and out.

-Use left hand threaded screws on the right front and left rear of the vehicle. This will make it so you dont have to overtighten the screw and they wont back out.

Not only will these two things make it so you dont break an arm again, it will make servicing your shocks much easier since you havenet crushed the arm around your shock bottom ball.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tio Loco View Post
Does anyone have a part # for the left hand screws?
You can use either LOSA6284, or LOSA6285
Old 12-27-2012, 01:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
you guys breaking front arms on the losi need to learn on a china doll durango. that thing breaks cos of a sneeze.
I came from a DESC so know about breakng a-arms, lol. That's why I changed to the Scte! The rango just couldn't handle our track and my driving.

Thanks for the tips Ryan. Yea, I screw the bottoms tight because I thought the screws stay put longer.

Dont like the flex of RPMs but run them now, they havent broken yet. Just to clarify. The fronts just develop a small crack on the lower screw hole, but will try the countersunks and gentle tightening.

Cheez, people are protective here of their babies!
Old 12-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
You can use either LOSA6284, or LOSA6285
Gracias! Right front has been driving me crazy.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

HAHA, yeah, its just one of those things...
Old 12-27-2012, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Don't for get to do the left rear as well,its just the way the shock comes down and actually unscrews it while You run!

[QUOTE

Cheez, people are protective here of their babies! [/QUOTE].....It is My Baby
Old 12-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I came from a DESC so know about breakng a-arms, lol. That's why I changed to the Scte! The rango just couldn't handle our track and my driving.

Thanks for the tips Ryan. Yea, I screw the bottoms tight because I thought the screws stay put longer.

Dont like the flex of RPMs but run them now, they havent broken yet. Just to clarify. The fronts just develop a small crack on the lower screw hole, but will try the countersunks and gentle tightening.

Cheez, people are protective here of their babies!
Me too. Mines a shelf queen now.

Now I finally have my losi tuned so that it turns like 95% of the rango, jumps a whole lot better with the nicer shocks (than the rango) and is way way more durable. I did not see the need for the rpm arms. I think Kevin's said the droops less with the rpm arms than stock.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
Me too. Mines a shelf queen now.

Now I finally have my losi tuned so that it turns like 95% of the rango, jumps a whole lot better with the nicer shocks (than the rango) and is way way more durable. I did not see the need for the rpm arms. I think Kevin's said the droops less with the rpm arms than stock.
The RPM arms will really start to flex very soon,that is really the only issues,but the stockers are Bomb IMO..
Earlier I said this was My Baby, but Its really Hackers, I just got a Clone.....
Ryan,(Hacker),,, would You Post a picture of Your truck for us !!!And a picture of the top Secret One that lives on Your dresser...
Old 12-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
+3
Keep in mind the more stuff they do or make things better the possibility that the price can go up and for someone that wants a great roller for under $300 this is great plus its a smaller version of 1/8 scale buggy so working on its easier and draws people in becuz of this as ive been told by a few guys thats why they bought it since they are familiar with 1/8 buggies.

I dont care what its made out of...parts are going to break and its all a part of this hobby so get use to it! Ive seen alum parts break...i mean c'mon man! The outdrive wobble could be addressed and the diff is now fixed and im sure they might be adding that to the kit/roller soon(atleast it would make sense) but other than that...Im happy and by far the best RC ive bought to date due to the reliability and parts availability but thats pretty much why i went losi since my LHS can have parts in a day or 2 but still
Keeping it under $300.00 is just for the marketing people...
being able to buy as a KIT with new diffs, Carbon Fibre shock towers, lightened chassis, cost about about $200.00 extra sooooo I dont care if its $400.00 as a TLR kit!!! save the RTR for the juniors at under 300. but give us the good stuff..
PS Losi guys you can save money by making it a smaller box and all the little bits inside instead of assembled...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.