Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

My 2nd scte is up RTR or ARR if anyone has a bud interested.. for sale thread thx
Old 12-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Well, there are different levels of packs on the market today..

You have the much cheaper, much cheaper quality packs - there packs are very inconsistant from pack to pack and may not last as many cycles. There is no warranty or anything.

Then you have the quality packs - usually much more expensive, but they are always the same and there is a warranty.

Venom in my opinion fits into the latter class but with a much better pricepoint and a lifetime warranty.
venom has a lifetime warranty?
Old 12-26-2012, 03:35 PM
Tech Addict

I'm thinking of trying these HPI Wheels on my SCTE for fun. The 4.5mm wheel offset should give my car a wider wheelbase afaik, does anybody foresee any problems with this or will they just bolt on fine ?

(Has anybody actually tried using 4.5mm offset wheels on a scte before ?)

Last edited by Pygmy; 12-26-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)

nevermind i read the warranty for venom batteries it basically said a one year replacement and after that 30% off a new one and they have the right to refuse if they think you abused the battery. so its more like a one year warranty
Old 12-26-2012, 04:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Angry Losi SCTE 2.0

How retarded... if Losi makes an updated version before making a 4x4 Buggy,
I'll throw a hissy fit....

Losi do the right thing, sell some updated parts only. Make that 4x4 Buggy Pronto!!
Old 12-26-2012, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm having an issue with my truck's steering. It turns all the way to the right like normal but doesn't turn much to the left. I have taken the horn off several times and re-centered the servo but that's not doing anything. It's the stock horn, all the steering components are stock. I just got a futaba 4pl which I'm still figuring out so maybe it's a setting I can change on there but I'm not sure. The endpoints are 100 for both right and left. Does anyone know how I can fix this? The servo is a hitec 7985mg.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iroczcec
venom has a lifetime warranty?
They do now. Maybe because they don't last long they decided to go with lifetime warranty. I can't tell you how many people I have seen come to the track and run a venom pack 1 time and then it quits. I think mainly with the 4wds. Luckily the lhs will just give them a new one. I think they were having problems with the female bullet plug built into the battery coming unsoldered but I think they got that problem fixed. Haven't seen anyone have a problem in awhile. At $100 a pack I would never buy one but I did win one in a raffle. I just use it in my b4 with 13.5 so not much stress on it but has been working good. Lifetime warranty though you can't beat that if you wanna spend the extra money for it.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:27 PM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pygmy
I'm thinking of trying these HPI Wheels on my SCTE for fun. The 4.5mm wheel offset should give my car a wider wheelbase afaik, does anybody foresee any problems with this or will they just bolt on fine ?

(Has anybody actually tried using 4.5mm offset wheels on a scte before ?)
may wanna watch for axles snapping or crushed bearings or broken hubs , i have slash offset on my scrt10 is a big differance then i added 12mm hexes that are 7mm thick brought this narrow stock truck to 1mm narrower than allowed by roar, then i snapped an axle and it also crushed all the bearings in that hub and i have snapped a plastic hub i put the plastic hexes back on and it seems fine for now
Old 12-26-2012, 06:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Gene158
I'm having an issue with my truck's steering. It turns all the way to the right like normal but doesn't turn much to the left. I have taken the horn off several times and re-centered the servo but that's not doing anything. It's the stock horn, all the steering components are stock. I just got a futaba 4pl which I'm still figuring out so maybe it's a setting I can change on there but I'm not sure. The endpoints are 100 for both right and left. Does anyone know how I can fix this? The servo is a hitec 7985mg.
Check the servo-saver.

It's the screw on the right steering post. Tighten it up, and your steering will tighten up.

If that's not your problem, get back to us
Old 12-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pygmy
Check the servo-saver.

It's the screw on the right steering post. Tighten it up, and your steering will tighten up.

If that's not your problem, get back to us
Thanks, I tried that but no luck. I took the horn off again and turned the steering assembly by hand and the same thing happens. When turning to the right, the inside of the right wheel almost hits the a arm but when turning left, the wheels only go about half as far
Old 12-26-2012, 07:05 PM
Tech Prophet

Thanks, I tried that but no luck. I took the horn off again and turned the steering assembly by hand and the same thing happens. When turning to the right, the inside of the right wheel almost hits the a arm but when turning left, the wheels only go about half as far

I bet you its the servo . I dont know what servo you use but i used a Hitec 7954sh on my Truggy and it never centered right which contibutes to it or gave a equal amount of throw on the left side of my RC8T on the steering.

Im not sure tighting the saver will do anything about. One thing it could be is if you have one wheel on one side with unequal toe in our out on the left side.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
I bet you its the servo . I dont know what servo you use but i used a Hitec 7954sh on my Truggy and it never centered right which contibutes to it or gave a equal amount of throw on the left side of my RC8T on the steering.

Im not sure tighting the saver will do anything about. One thing it could be is if you have one wheel on one side with unequal toe in our out on the left side.
It can't be the servo when he said that he unhooked the servo horn from the servo and turned the wheels by hand and it still only had about 1/2 the normal throw for the left side.

I'm thinking it has to have the turnbuckles way off for the steering. I don't think there is anything that could be binding since the bellcrank/servo saver is a simple item that really can't lock up unless the bearings lock up.

To the OP of this problem: Do the wheels look toed way out or way in on either side?
Old 12-26-2012, 07:52 PM
Tech Addict

The wheels looked fine but after taking a closer look at the turnbuckles, I noticed one was longer than the other so I tried to even them out and recentered the servo and it seems to be better now. Thanks for the help.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:56 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

The wheels looked fine but after taking a closer look at the turnbuckles, I noticed one was longer than the other so I tried to even them out and recentered the servo and it seems to be better now. Thanks for the help.
If you have a set of calipers you can measure both turnbuckles to aid in getting them even lengths.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by XXXDad
How retarded... if Losi makes an updated version before making a 4x4 Buggy,
I'll throw a hissy fit....

Losi do the right thing, sell some updated parts only. Make that 4x4 Buggy Pronto!!
^^^^^+1^^^^^^^ long over do!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.