Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 10:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
I've poofed 1 of these and seen another go.. they are about as good as the nanoteck 6600 iMho. For the money I can get two of the intellect 6800 70c packs and at least in my experience out perform and last vs MA's. I'm glad you had good luck with your's though, through the years I've only been disappointed w/ MA never quite able to support rating claims. Great packs for 2wd though.. just not for anything w/ demand.
Maxamps aren't any better then any if the other packs out there.i had to send mine back literally 4 times until I had one that worked without puffing.I couldn't believe it, that one pack ended up costing me like 200 after shipping it back all those times.The 1st one I got from them had a bad cell in it.What a bunch if bs that lil card they send you with the lipowith all the initials on it.saying it was tested and had fresh cells in it.Definately not worth the money but hey people pay it so all the power to them.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah MaxAmps are way over rated. I bought one like when they first came out and what a disappointment. It worked good for about a year then puffed and doesnt have near the punch as the turnigys. Was out of warranty by a month so all they would do is give me $60 towards a new one. I rather buy three nanotechs then buy another MaxAmps.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)

glad i went with the turnigy packs i cant see spending what max amp and venom packs cost
Old 12-26-2012, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iroczcec View Post
glad i went with the turnigy packs i cant see spending what max amp and venom packs cost
Well, there are different levels of packs on the market today..

You have the much cheaper, much cheaper quality packs - there packs are very inconsistant from pack to pack and may not last as many cycles. There is no warranty or anything.

Then you have the quality packs - usually much more expensive, but they are always the same and there is a warranty.

Venom in my opinion fits into the latter class but with a much better pricepoint and a lifetime warranty.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Breakin2 View Post
Thanks for the answers regarding an update. I want to hop into this class, but can afford to wait a bit since it's winter.
I think TLR will release a 4x4 1/10th scale buggy way before another version of this truck, It has been TOO long. I personally cant wait for one. I wouldnt get too excited!! Does ANYONE know or have heard anything about the updated diffs that were "supposed to make people happy around christmas time"?? The diffs are not really an issue once you fix them, but if their is something better And does not risk the chance of leaking why not have them!
Old 12-26-2012, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post

You have the much cheaper, much cheaper quality packs - there packs are very inconsistant from pack to pack and may not last as many cycles. There is no warranty or anything.

Then you have the quality packs - usually much more expensive, but they are always the same and there is a warranty.

Venom in my opinion fits into the latter class but with a much better pricepoint and a lifetime warranty.

What category would you put promatch packs into? Look like they have pretty good specs for the money. The reviews from forum members aren't too shabby either.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:01 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by myl3s91 View Post
Does ANYONE know or have heard anything about the updated diffs that were "supposed to make people happy around christmas time"?? The diffs are not really an issue once you fix them, but if their is something better And does not risk the chance of leaking why not have them!
http://www.rctech.net/forum/11554500-post42065.html
Old 12-26-2012, 01:08 PM
Tech Adept

Sweet man thanks
Old 12-26-2012, 01:53 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

I don't understand why so many people are wanting a V2 SCTE??? This one is AWESOME other than the minor diff issues. And now that is fixed so I don't see any need for another truck. Mine handles like it's on rails and drives so great I couldn't see a V2 truck doing it any better. I know some complain about the weight of the losi but that also aids in the surefootedness the truck has.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
What category would you put promatch packs into? Look like they have pretty good specs for the money. The reviews from forum members aren't too shabby either.
Promatch has historically been a good value for the pricing. I dont know much about their warranty though and to me that is huge with LiPo's. although most lipo issues are related to customer abuse, lol.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MattP View Post
I don't understand why so many people are wanting a V2 SCTE??? This one is AWESOME other than the minor diff issues. And now that is fixed so I don't see any need for another truck. Mine handles like it's on rails and drives so great I couldn't see a V2 truck doing it any better. I know some complain about the weight of the losi but that also aids in the surefootedness the truck has.
A lot of people want a new truck for a couple reasons I think...

1. They like to see what it is we can mess up/fix/alter, lol.
2. Many of the trucks out there have now been put through their paces and are pretty beat up and needing replacement and dont want to go buy a truck and then a bunch of parts to go with it. The life of the SCTE has been one of change and give the customer what they want really.

That would be my opinion on the subject...we will see what actually happens.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:05 PM
Suspended

A lot of people want a new truck for a couple reasons I think...

1. They like to see what it is we can mess up/fix/alter, lol.
2. Many of the trucks out there have now been put through their paces and are pretty beat up and needing replacement and dont want to go buy a truck and then a bunch of parts to go with it. The life of the SCTE has been one of change and give the customer what they want really.

That would be my opinion on the subject...we will see what actually happens.
So are you hinting that there will be a V2 before long......
Old 12-26-2012, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Thumbs up +1

Venom's have been awesome for me. I also run Trinity/Revtech. Venom's price is awesome!!!
Old 12-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Suspended

I've been having great luck with the Zippy 5900mah 60C packs. They give me about 16-17 minutes of runtime with a 4.5T 550 can in my scte. $32 a pack and TONS of power with no puffing on any of the packs I own. I'm going to stick with these over the older turnigy batteries I was using.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MattP View Post
So are you hinting that there will be a V2 before long......
Nope, I am simply explaining what a number of folks have told me at the tracks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.