Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 05:42 PM
  #42226  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (164)
 
ta_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,949
Trader Rating: 164 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Firewood View Post
You have my interest. The 810 and ten t have same chassis and gear boxes. Right? So I should be able to mount the ten t body to the 810.
Yes, the 810 and Ten-T have the same chassis. If you decide to upgrade (or you bend the original Losi chassis) you can get an electric specific chassis for the Ten-T/810 from BCE. That is what I have on my Ten-T-E:

http://s92437987.onlinehome.us/ebayp...onverted-h.jpg <<== That is not an SCTE chassis.

That's a good deal on that and if I didn't already have both an SCTE and an electric Ten-T, I'd be interested in it too.
ta_man is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 06:36 PM
  #42227  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (45)
 
goehm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 2,756
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Just posting here because some people were interested in buying my CF battery tray, and because it sounds like we might get into the grand chassis debate again. =)

I decided my truck only needs one chassis so I'm selling the Bumps chassis along with the CF tray if anyone is interested.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post11575037

Hopefully someone can make good use of it. I really liked how it handled with the battery towards the rear, especially when running high bite indoor.
goehm is offline  
Old 12-19-2012, 07:07 PM
  #42228  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Panda-PR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 634
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

...sorry
Panda-PR is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 01:22 AM
  #42229  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hawkes Bay. New Zealand
Posts: 292
Default

Hi guys, just did a full rebuild of my SCTE, it seemed abit "off" last race day and seemed to get hot, found a bearing had gone in the rear diff, anyway I added full tenko axles all around it, and changed from MIP bypass pistons to the M2C set of shock pistons, these feel REALLY nice, never got to grips with the MIP ones.

I run on a large outdoor track, very loose when dry, and very, very bumpy.
What I was wondering, has anyone raced the truck outdoor without the sway bars, and if so your findings?

I can't get to the track for a while, but it feels fantastic around the back yard without the sway bars.

Cheers.
RossNZ is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 01:30 AM
  #42230  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
gangstafish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Beach New York
Posts: 172
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I only took off the front swaybar on a tight indoor hard packed clay track. It is not good on large 1/8th scale track.
gangstafish is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 05:18 AM
  #42231  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (58)
 
8ight-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,174
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RossNZ View Post
Hi guys, just did a full rebuild of my SCTE, it seemed abit "off" last race day and seemed to get hot, found a bearing had gone in the rear diff, anyway I added full tenko axles all around it, and changed from MIP bypass pistons to the M2C set of shock pistons, these feel REALLY nice, never got to grips with the MIP ones.

I run on a large outdoor track, very loose when dry, and very, very bumpy.
What I was wondering, has anyone raced the truck outdoor without the sway bars, and if so your findings?

I can't get to the track for a while, but it feels fantastic around the back yard without the sway bars.

Cheers.
I never run the front sway bars... truck is always more dialed with out, big or small tracks (at least any track I've ever been on). The rear I always run though, typically the smallest black 1.8 off the top of my head..
8ight-e is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 05:20 AM
  #42232  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,797
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
I never run the front sway bars... truck is always more dialed with out, big or small tracks (at least any track I've ever been on). The rear I always run though, typically the smallest black 1.8 off the top of my head..

+1 my truck felt better on our medium sized outdoor 8th scale track, without the front sway bar on.
Rockthecatbox21 is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 07:36 AM
  #42233  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 18
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
The will fit but IMO the hole sizes are too large for the SCTE. Ryan and I have been running 2 hole #55 22 pistons lately and it works great with 30wt front and 27.5 wt rear. #55 is ~1.3mm holes. The AE start at 1.5mm......
Casper - how are you or Hacker running your shocks? Emulsion or std? I have been running the MIP bypass1, but the truck is feeling soft and needs more pack. The 2 hole setup should increase pack, right?
MRDYOSHI is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 07:48 AM
  #42234  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MRDYOSHI View Post
Casper - how are you or Hacker running your shocks? Emulsion or std? I have been running the MIP bypass1, but the truck is feeling soft and needs more pack. The 2 hole setup should increase pack, right?
Emulsion. 2 hole setup does seem to increase pack some.
Casper is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 08:29 AM
  #42235  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 99
Default

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Emulsion. 2 hole setup does seem to increase pack some.
I've been wondering what exactly is "pack"?; compression of the shock?

Hacker07, will the updated diff gaskets be made available like part LOSB3568? What's the status on the TRL diff case too because I keep hitting refresh on amain and LPH and man they still aren't available for order!

Many thanks and Happy Holidays!
RC-Rick is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 08:40 AM
  #42236  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC-Rick View Post
I've been wondering what exactly is "pack"?; compression of the shock?

Hacker07, will the updated diff gaskets be made available like part LOSB3568? What's the status on the TRL diff case too because I keep hitting refresh on amain and LPH and man they still aren't available for order!

Many thanks and Happy Holidays!
Pack is a term that describes the shocks ability to to slow down the piston in a shock under a hard impact. Basically as the speed of the piston exceeds the ability for oil to pass from one side of the shock to the other and basically creates a temporary hydro lock condition if that makes sense.

Last edited by Casper; 12-20-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Casper is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 08:55 AM
  #42237  
Tech Regular
 
MIP MATT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Moore's Ideal Products, LLC
Posts: 485
Default

Originally Posted by RossNZ View Post
Hi guys, just did a full rebuild of my SCTE, it seemed abit "off" last race day and seemed to get hot, found a bearing had gone in the rear diff, anyway I added full tenko axles all around it, and changed from MIP bypass pistons to the M2C set of shock pistons, these feel REALLY nice, never got to grips with the MIP ones.

I run on a large outdoor track, very loose when dry, and very, very bumpy.
What I was wondering, has anyone raced the truck outdoor without the sway bars, and if so your findings?

I can't get to the track for a while, but it feels fantastic around the back yard without the sway bars.

Cheers.
What setup were you running on the MIP ones? Oil, springs, hole positions? PM me if you need setup help.
MIP MATT is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 09:15 AM
  #42238  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,553
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC-Rick View Post
I've been wondering what exactly is "pack"?; compression of the shock?

Hacker07, will the updated diff gaskets be made available like part LOSB3568? What's the status on the TRL diff case too because I keep hitting refresh on amain and LPH and man they still aren't available for order!

Many thanks and Happy Holidays!
The question of pack was answered by our buddy Casper. As far as the new diff cases, they have passed QC and are finding a location in the warehouse now so should ship soon assuming your hobby shop has them on order.
hacker07 is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 10:12 AM
  #42239  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (42)
 
aloksatoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N California
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
The question of pack was answered by our buddy Casper. As far as the new diff cases, they have passed QC and are finding a location in the warehouse now so should ship soon assuming your hobby shop has them on order.
Aaah maan too quick for me. Just rebuilt all diffs and put in fresh oil. Guess my diffs will get the new hds next week.
aloksatoor is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 11:03 AM
  #42240  
dtr
Tech Master
 
dtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: budapest, hungary
Posts: 1,664
Default

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
The question of pack was answered by our buddy Casper. As far as the new diff cases, they have passed QC and are finding a location in the warehouse now so should ship soon assuming your hobby shop has them on order.
Ryan, do you have an idea when they will reach Europe?
dtr is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.