Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Firewood View Post
Quick question - I'm looking to get an scte to bash down at the 1/8 track - big jumps and some fast straights- Is there a stadium body that would fit? Remove the big bumpers front and rear? I dont want to deal with the parachuting and personally don't like the big clunky sc bodies. I want a 4wd truggy - but the 1/8 truggies really get pricey -
I run 22t's now -
Try this http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...,-Clear/Detail
Old 12-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Thanks - the 810 buggy looks like the same chassis - shock towers on the truck will work with that body I guess? I like losi stuff and figure a 4wd will be a blast on the big track.
My 22t' s are my favorites so far.

Any other body options you could think of? Hows the room under that buggy body with a rx8 and 550?
Old 12-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks - the 810 buggy looks like the same chassis - shock towers on the truck will work with that body I guess? I like losi stuff and figure a 4wd will be a blast on the big track.

Any other body options you could think of? Hows the room under that buggy body with a rx8 and 550?
No problems with space under the body - some people use the buggy bodies (no modification) as under-body protection. You would also need to get the body mounts for the body so that it clips in the correct place and remove the SC body mounts - it all fits into existing holes, so no modifications, just extra parts.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

awesome - that sounds simple enough.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:30 PM
Tech Addict

awesome - that sounds simple enough.
If you want, check out YouTube where squirrel does a whole series on converting an SCTE to a buggy, he mentions part numbers etc:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3C7C4638506FE7D3

Here is the exact place where he removes the front SC Body mounts and installs the body mount for the buggy: http://youtu.be/20P9sBYnNM0?t=6m
Old 12-19-2012, 02:18 AM
dtr
Tech Master

Quick question - I'm looking to get an scte to bash down at the 1/8 track - big jumps and some fast straights- Is there a stadium body that would fit?
What about the ten-t body? Has anyone tried it?
Old 12-19-2012, 07:27 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Pygmy View Post
Just wondering, has anybody ever made a looping at an RC track ?

I can imagine a track with a straight and a split where you can gamble to either take the looping, or to take the long way around it

Edit:
Well, it's not on a track but it's a looping alright
http://www.streetfire.net/video/me-a...de-a_48782.htm

Horrible Idea ImO. Saw a video multiple years ago with a loop and Oh MY was it a Crash/Hack fest. Part reason is the loop was 1/4 the size it needed to be and the fact it was in the middle of the track with 20-30' of run up room on either side of the loop and basically made it a make or break section. Problem was 98% of the field Crashed on the loop making it a Nightmare for that particular Marshall.

Also factor in the Sheer Abuse you'll put on the truck when you get it wrong. Slamming into the Ground Nose first if you dont keep it 100% on the Loop. Yes Side rails would help, But 1/2 ass defeat the purpose.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dtr View Post
What about the ten-t body? Has anyone tried it?
Exactly my next question - Seems like the Ten T, the scte and the 8ight buggy have same or almost same chassis. What about gear boxes front and rear?
I wish I had on of each in front of me so I could figure out a way to put together a 4wd truggy but more 1/10 scale instead of the 1/8 scale.

The 8ight buggy seems worth looking at - already has the wing, I wonder how the ten t body would fit, I've looked at the wheel bases of al three losi vehicles and they are close.

Is there a way to get the ten-t wing mounted to the scte?
I think rather than buy a beat up ten-t nitro and convert, I'd be better doing
an scte and strip of the sct stuff.

The ten-t has 12mm hex? I could run my 22t stadium rims and tires?
Old 12-19-2012, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes ,Proline Baja body.You really need to trim it back alot so all you have is the shell and nose.Trim the fenders almost off,leave about 3/16 - 1/4 inch,Trim the nose off above the headlights.If you search for post#40065 on 10-11-2012 you can see a picture of mine.On the track very few cars or trucks of any kind can touch it! It works just awesome.On a good day it can hold with 1/8 buggies(less some uber fast guy is wheelin it)LOL Cheers!

Last edited by BmainStar; 12-19-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

Exactly my next question - Seems like the Ten T, the scte and the 8ight buggy have same or almost same chassis. What about gear boxes front and rear?
I wish I had on of each in front of me so I could figure out a way to put together a 4wd truggy but more 1/10 scale instead of the 1/8 scale.

The 8ight buggy seems worth looking at - already has the wing, I wonder how the ten t body would fit, I've looked at the wheel bases of al three losi vehicles and they are close.

Is there a way to get the ten-t wing mounted to the scte?
I think rather than buy a beat up ten-t nitro and convert, I'd be better doing
an scte and strip of the sct stuff.

The ten-t has 12mm hex? I could run my 22t stadium rims and tires?
I have both a Ten-T and an SCTE and I seriously doubt you could get the Ten-T body to fit on an SCTE since the SCTE chassis is about 1.2+ inches longer.

Ten-T uses 14MM hex wheels. But if this is a basher, get 810 axles and the 17MM hubs and just use 1/8 buggy wheels. Doubt that 22T wheels will fit on Ten-T/SCTE because of the size of the front steering knuckle. I would have loved to find a way to fit regular statdium truck wheels/tires on my Ten-T but couldn't come up with anything reasonable.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ta_man View Post
I have both a Ten-T and an SCTE and I seriously doubt you could get the Ten-T body to fit on an SCTE since the SCTE chassis is about 1.2+ inches longer.

Ten-T uses 14MM hex wheels. But if this is a basher, get 810 axles and the 17MM hubs and just use 1/8 buggy wheels. Doubt that 22T wheels will fit on Ten-T/SCTE because of the size of the front steering knuckle. I would have loved to find a way to fit regular statdium truck wheels/tires on my Ten-T but couldn't come up with anything reasonable.
I have a dialed 810 up for sales with TONS of goodies.. carbon/kingheadz parts etc YOU KNOW U NEED IT!! sale thread..
Old 12-19-2012, 04:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
I have a dialed 810 up for sales with TONS of goodies.. carbon/kingheadz parts etc YOU KNOW U NEED IT!! sale thread..
You have my interest. The 810 and ten t have same chassis and gear boxes. Right? So I should be able to mount the ten t body to the 810.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

You have my interest. The 810 and ten t have same chassis and gear boxes. Right? So I should be able to mount the ten t body to the 810.
unsure.. I know the 810 has many of the same parts as the scte and ten-t but the 810 has the 17mm adapters.. so you have to run 1/8 scale buggy or SC wheels/tires unless changed. I am including a new stock scte chassis w/ the deal though :P Can go as RTR, ARR or even Roller.. will just seperate and sell off or as package. Make an offer It really is an awesome buggy super light, and has hop ups you can move to your "prize" setup if you know what I mean Also has all the lightened outdrives if I recall. Good amount of hopups in her.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default SETUP

I run on a large indoor clay track with very high bite. We use clay slicks. I need a good setup if someone can help out. Thanks
Old 12-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kass View Post
I run on a large indoor clay track with very high bite. We use clay slicks. I need a good setup if someone can help out. Thanks
I would look at Dusting EOS carpet setup as a good starting point.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.