Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hkrob View Post
Hey Ryan have you raced your SCTE against the Tekno SCT410 if so how did they match up to each other.
I have not as of yet, but some guys that I run with regularly and are as fast as me beat them pretty handily at the first top notch race in SDRC which is their home track so they should have a good handle on how the truck should work there. However, it is person versus person and that truck does need things changed too. There will be times when it beats ours and vice versa, thats what will make it fun. More competition ususally makes a class grow too and I like that. The big issue is parts availability and for Tekno, you pretty much have to mail order most of it and thats tough to me for the common person.

Take the EB48, a good buggy and good speed. One of the guys at the track this weekend broke and it nearly just packed up and left because he did not have the part. Luckily another guy at the track had one so they got him taken care of (which is something I love about this hobby) but if not, no more racing for a week or more. That part sucks to me.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dtr View Post
That is an xh balance connector. Are you really dead set on a maxamps pack?
I used two MaxAmps 2s 6500mah 150c batteries for the whole race season. No swelling or cases cracked.... I run a 4000kv Pro4 / RX8. Plus I can shoot 20 amps to it and charges pretty dern quick. I've been impressed.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
I have not as of yet, but some guys that I run with regularly and are as fast as me beat them pretty handily at the first top notch race in SDRC which is their home track so they should have a good handle on how the truck should work there. However, it is person versus person and that truck does need things changed too. There will be times when it beats ours and vice versa, thats what will make it fun. More competition ususally makes a class grow too and I like that. The big issue is parts availability and for Tekno, you pretty much have to mail order most of it and thats tough to me for the common person.

Take the EB48, a good buggy and good speed. One of the guys at the track this weekend broke and it nearly just packed up and left because he did not have the part. Luckily another guy at the track had one so they got him taken care of (which is something I love about this hobby) but if not, no more racing for a week or more. That part sucks to me.
+1000...... Its the driver.......the car is just the tool he uses!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing View Post
+1000...... Its the driver.......the car is just the tool he uses!!!
Sometimes the driver is a tool, too.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
I am sure it is not the shocks and could be that the sway bar is too tight, you have a bent hinge pin, the nuts at the top of the shocks are too tight, etc...maybe the collars just arent down far enough to get ride height. But the stock shocks work very well.
Thanks for the info, I loosened up the top nut and I think it may have helped a little. I had that $hit cranked down. Has anyone tried the proline power stroke shocks on their scte.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I bet the scte didn't do so hot the first few races after it was released. The tekno hasn't even been relesed yet so they probably are just figuring things out right now on setup. I'm sure if the sct410 had been out for almost 3 years, then it would whoop plenty of losi's. I see it as 90% driver and 10% car. Give em a break as this a brand new kit still in the prototype stage.
As for parts support, it only takes a few trailblazer's to make a kit popular, hence more parts support. My local hobbyshop owner said he would start stocking parts for the tekno vehicles next season, and one guy already runs the eb48 at my track, i have a feeling a trend will start and i will see more and more people running the tekno kits. Don't talk crap on a kit that hasn't even been released and has only seen a few "big" races. Give it some time and i imagine the tekno's and losi's will be neck and neck with each other.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
I bet the scte didn't do so hot the first few races after it was released. The tekno hasn't even been relesed yet so they probably are just figuring things out right now on setup. I'm sure if the sct410 had been out for almost 3 years, then it would whoop plenty of losi's. I see it as 90% driver and 10% car. Give em a break as this a brand new kit still in the prototype stage.
As for parts support, it only takes a few trailblazer's to make a kit popular, hence more parts support. My local hobbyshop owner said he would start stocking parts for the tekno vehicles next season, and one guy already runs the eb48 at my track, i have a feeling a trend will start and i will see more and more people running the tekno kits. Don't talk crap on a kit that hasn't even been released and has only seen a few "big" races. Give it some time and i imagine the tekno's and losi's will be neck and neck with each other.
SCTE won 2010 hot rod hobbies shootout in it's first ever race! The competition was not as stiff as it is now but just saying.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
SCTE won 2010 hot rod hobbies shootout in it's first ever race! The competition was not as stiff as it is now but just saying.
Yeah 4wd sct is huge now with big companies coming to play. I'm not set on the tekno short course, so the scte 2.0 still has a chance to end up in my stable.
I hate all of you guys in california that get to race year round!, but on the bright side i get more time to think over my next shortcourse purchase. Waiting till offroad season in april or may starts in my area is a long time, but i got me a traxxas mini rally to ease my boredom over the next few months.

Btw got my scte sold to make room for an new kit next season. Can't wait
any more hints toward an new kit from tlr?
Old 12-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

NICE!
Old 12-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Tech Initiate

I just rebuilt my front diff to replace the stock grease with 5000 weight oil, I originally tried a little ca glue on the inserts but realized it was not allowing it to fit properly so redid it and used silicon instead( after scraping off the glue). It was binding a little so I took it apart and found that the tiny washer between the square retainer and one of the planetary gears was missing. Despite being extremely small I know it's not there for looks so my question is can that be causing it to bind??
Old 12-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

thanks for the help with the diff oil! i might try the 5/7/3
Old 12-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I doubt the washer is causing the diff to bind. I accidently rebuilt my center diff without all 4 of the small washers and it has been fine for a few race sessions.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gene158 View Post
Thanks for the info, I loosened up the top nut and I think it may have helped a little. I had that $hit cranked down. Has anyone tried the proline power stroke shocks on their scte.
What You are not getting here is that the stock shocks work very well.If You have never even rebuilt them and added new fluid do that first!!The race springs with the HA Bodies, collars and new bleeder caps,new pistons, will = the best short coarse shocks that can be put on this truck!!!!

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
..Dude... We get it! You are going to buy a Tekno. Go to that thread and knock yer self out! Quit talking about it here! ITS GETTING OLD!!
To continue to do so here makes You a Troll!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

so, i bought a new scte with a new mip kit. Installed everything and have been running it for a few weeks now. I must say, i liked my old scte with the kings head chassis and tlr kit better. I was running high 19 to low 20's at my local track. with the mip kit, im running up to a whole 2 seconds slower.
Im not bashing mip by any means, they make quality products that add many benefits to racing. However the scte mip kit may not be for me. anyone else switch back to another chassis from mip?
Old 12-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper View Post
You might also have some pretty decent talent behind the wheel as well...lol.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.