Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 04:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Guys, what about new Tekin Gen 2 motor 10.5T (4550kV) for SCTE?
Old 12-10-2012, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kilbatrosas
Truck is too heavy. It'll overheat. 540 can you need a 4 pole motor or 550 can.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Thumbs up Wheels!!!

Originally Posted by ironzgti35
Just picked up an scte used and need some new wheels. Looking at either DE Racing or Avid's, what do you guys run with good luck?
I just picked up the Avid wheels (Yellow and Black)!!! Really nice wheels!!! I have DE's also. Just watch out with the DE's... Pick them up new. There was a batch that cracked. They replaced them for me tho.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hkrob
Where did it crack mine cracked at one of the side guard bolt holes.
Mine cracked in the same place, I'm only running half of my side guard so the bolt is removed. Don't get me wrong the chassis been great and I would buy another. I have about 50 races on mine also. What rear brace are you running?
Old 12-10-2012, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by timamybrown
Mine cracked in the same place, I'm only running half of my side guard so the bolt is removed. Don't get me wrong the chassis been great and I would buy another. I have about 50 races on mine also. What rear brace are you running?
My buddy's cracked in the same place. He just sent it back. They said it will take three weeks to replace it.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timamybrown
I am running the stock chassis braces front & rear. Not sure how any races are on the chassis but its over 50.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by spider882009
I just picked up the Avid wheels (Yellow and Black)!!! Really nice wheels!!! I have DE's also. Just watch out with the DE's... Pick them up new. There was a batch that cracked. They replaced them for me tho.
Thanks for the heads up on the DE's. I'm liking the yellow avids too
Old 12-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Default tlr tunning kit

hey guys sorry for the newb question or something that has been asked million times. searched forum an couldnt find much.. well what im wondering is i have a stock scte and girlfriend purchased the tunning kit for me but i dont know what to set the pivot mount setting to. i guess i would like to set it stock for now.. like for the front what degree front and back.. and for the back what degree front and back. hope this understandable for you guys an thanks for any help you can give me
Old 12-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks for the heads up on the DE's. I'm liking the yellow avids too
Yeah, the new avids look great and also look great going around the track. Have never checked their width but should be ok. For what its worth, the 22SCT wheels fit as well and those come in 3 colors and you can choose to do the rings or discs as well.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

Just picked up an scte used and need some new wheels. Looking at either DE Racing or Avid's, what do you guys run with good luck?
They are both decent.I run the avids only because they are really lite.I believe almost 24 grams lighter then the stock losi wheels.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
I had about 12 runs on my SCTE with the stock body which has big cracks on it but still pretty usable lol. Omg the stock body is thin though !
Use shoe goo in the weaker areas.. also where the body posts rest, wheel wells etc.. adds some weight but it makes the body last a LOT longer. Use drywall mesh and shoegoo to make repairs.

Hobbywing xerun 4000kv... sensored and by far the best motor in this truck bar none.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jimmy0179
hey guys sorry for the newb question or something that has been asked million times. searched forum an couldnt find much.. well what im wondering is i have a stock scte and girlfriend purchased the tunning kit for me but i dont know what to set the pivot mount setting to. i guess i would like to set it stock for now.. like for the front what degree front and back.. and for the back what degree front and back. hope this understandable for you guys an thanks for any help you can give me
Use 0 inserts all around to get you stock settings and then you can play with adjustments later.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:10 AM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jimmy0179
It depends on your track. You can start with all at 0, that gives the same angles as the stock mounts, and experiment with it.

Edit: Casper proves me slow once more...
Old 12-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Tech Adept

The bearings went out on my 3800kv CC motor and i had a race the next day so i I put my traxxas 3500kv 2pole motor in and geared it at 13T/40, the motor never ran hotter than 160. TQed/finished 2nd and that was in 95 deg. weather.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Oh i see yea il try the inside hole than once i get a new servo for the SCTE.

Feint: I have a local indoor carpet offroad track thank god ! No racing in the winter sucks big time .
Winter? whats that?We get some good rain and what not, but really not a true winter here...Ok (pours Salt into wound)...I can drive inside of one hour and hit,OCRC,WCRC,LRH,COYOTE HOBBIES,TONYS HOBBIES,IERC.AIRLAND HOBBIES.( All indoor tracks!!!!).....Oh wait theirs more..Outdoor within an hour,,PEGASUS HOBBIES.REVALATION RACEWAY,HEMET,THUNDER ALLEY...O h ya and one indoor carpet on road track bout half an hour a way!!!..Soo Spoiled..(wrings Hands together)Cheers!!!

Originally Posted by goehm
If I recall, Aaron Lane's setup was popular for trucks that haven't gone on a diet (weigh close to stock). Ryan Dunford's (hacker) is very similar, but geared towards lighter trucks. You can then tweak for track and driving style. I use about 80% of Hacker's (I have a rear mount battery) and really only adjust tires between tracks - so you can probably find one and just stick with it.
Thats what I have done,found one set up that feels good just about everywhere and just stick with it.I see people chasing set ups when it is more likely too much throttle and the wrong or worn tires.Just cuz the track feels weird on the first couple packs I dont go moving shock locations and start chasing my tail..Seems to work fine for me where they are at!I too run a similar Dunford set up just different shock locations.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.