Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
I'm pretry sure the tekin's limiter feature limits the overall punch of the whole powerband. If you reset your endpoints lower, you'll actually be taking away part of the pwerband, specifically the top end. That's why i like adjusting esc parameters versus radio endpoints, so i still have my whole powerband, just less punch.
I believe your correct. I keep the Tekin and Brushlesshobbies.com tuning software on my laptop so I can quickly and easily change my esc settings.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem View Post
Looks like a flex crack to me , maybe too much material taken away at those points on the chassis ? Hmmm TLR chassis = cracked , KH chassis = cracked , has anyone cracked or even bent a BCE chassis ?

My BCE is doing GREAT! Running the stock rear brace on a highbite track.

Have any of you guys tried experimenting with grease in the diffs and just abandon the oils altogether? I run Lucas oil Red N Tacky #2 in all my diffs and love it! Truck stays consistent for a whole 10 minute main and can out turn anything on the track.To me,there is a reason they come with grease in the diffs.Just my .02
Old 11-27-2012, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

GO KEVIN! Perfectly said Ryan.

On another note, I have found a way to crack my Kingshead chassis under the motor where the side bumper screw goes. I was taking a nice BIG jump and got tackled by a Losi Eight mid-flight. It doesn't seem to affect performance, but just seeing that crack bugs me.

I may have to make Kevin Smith an offer on a chassis....

Originally Posted by fastchvy View Post
Rocket cat, to be honest and straight forward I'm getting tired of reading all of your negative post about the losi...

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Any company could come out with the perfect car, and others would still want something different on it. Or they would find a way to break something that should be darn near indestructable.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Another 2 pages it is!!!!

I'm so excited to see what all the companies come out with after the world's, not to mention Christmas releases.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kuya_Kimo View Post
GO KEVIN! Perfectly said Ryan.

On another note, I have found a way to crack my Kingshead chassis under the motor where the side bumper screw goes. I was taking a nice BIG jump and got tackled by a Losi Eight mid-flight. It doesn't seem to affect performance, but just seeing that crack bugs me.

I may have to make Kevin Smith an offer on a chassis....
Make me an offer...im not difficult
Old 11-28-2012, 01:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
Christmas will be good...
Patience...good quality parts take time and a diff is not something you throw together overnight, has to be right.
It just baffles me that all of you would think I would leave the truck with leaky diffs after working on the pins and internal gears and fixing all these other issues brought over from the TEN-T...What good is a buttery smooth diff if it leaks...not so good...
I"M THROWING MONEY AT THE SCREEN BUT NOTHING HAPPENS !!!

But seriously, yay !!! \o/
Old 11-28-2012, 05:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1M View Post
A arm hinge pin inserts, If I wanted more steering would I put more or less kick up in the front?
How does kick up affect steering? Jacking force maybe???
Old 11-28-2012, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Less kick up = more steering but worse bump handling .....
Old 11-28-2012, 07:16 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
I'm pretty sure the tekin's limiter feature limits the overall punch of the whole powerband. If you reset your endpoints lower, you'll actually be taking away part of the powerband, specifically the top end. That's why i like adjusting esc parameters versus radio endpoints, so i still have my whole powerband, just less punch.

Incorrect......Limiter Limits Bottom end, Does NOT Limit top end.

Originally Posted by Sholler View Post

Have any of you guys tried experimenting with grease in the diffs and just abandon the oils altogether? I run Lucas oil Red N Tacky #2 in all my diffs and love it! Truck stays consistent for a whole 10 minute main and can out turn anything on the track.To me,there is a reason they come with grease in the diffs.Just my .02

Ive personally ran Grease since day 1. SD grease to be exact. LOVE it!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I understand when you run oils, you can tune for track conditions and allow the diff internals to spin at different rates of speed. When you use grease, do you run the same grease in all diffs or are the different "weights" of grease to be used?
Old 11-28-2012, 07:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wildracr29 View Post
I understand when you run oils, you can tune for track conditions and allow the diff internals to spin at different rates of speed. When you use grease, do you run the same grease in all diffs or are the different "weights" of grease to be used?

Grease Has performed Flawlessly on all types of tracks for me. From The NitroChallenge 2012 to the MN series Tracks to my High Bite Home track. Grease ALL the way. Not to mention it doesn't break down No where NEAR as fast as oil Can and Will. Can u say Rotten Egg Oil....
Old 11-28-2012, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Grease Has performed Flawlessly on all types of tracks for me. From The NitroChallenge 2012 to the MN series Tracks to my High Bite Home track. Grease ALL the way. Not to mention it doesn't break down No where NEAR as fast as oil Can and Will. Can u say Rotten Egg Oil....
So you simply run the same type of grease in all 3 diffs then? Sounds like it would be a lot easier and it would end the "leaky diff" issue that most have.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:13 AM
dtr
Tech Master

I think Ryan is the happiest of us all that the competition is finally catching up and comig out with strong, durable cars. Finally he has more leverage on Losi mgment to release a beefed up version of his favorite toy that surely has already been through a lot of testing.
My biggest wish is a new and improved manual that has a parts explosion showing ALL parts with part numbers, including screws and washers.

ps. TLR introducing a hopup for the Tekno would be lovely

Last edited by dtr; 11-28-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ooops
Old 11-28-2012, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra View Post
I agree 100%! I`m sure there are thicker grease out there if you wanted to try different viscosity.I run the same grease in 3 diffs aswell,and the reasoning behind it is pretty simple.The truck will "diff out" before it actually body rolls.Alot easier to drive and has that "out of box feeling",but just alot faster.

I`m still trying to figure out why y`all run gold hard springs and 27 wt oils?!! I run 45 wt all around stocks in the back and blues up front.Keep in mind that I dont hit big triples that have short shoots and 1/8th buggies are barely downsiding,but I can run a tighter,more precise lines lap after lap with this setup.And grease dont leak

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.