Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sbrewer View Post
Now I do have the trl tuning kit on my truck with the carbon towers. But all I just tossed a small washer on for clearance and they were good. Will be putting a set on my sons stock truck soon so we will see about the stock towers. Sorry I installed the trl kit the day I got the truck so I forget sometimes it came with diff towers. It’s a little dirty haven’t had a chance to clean it up yet.
Your front shocks look to be at a just-to-big-for-my-liking angle with regards to the arms... Is that just the picture or does it look the same way to the naked eye ?
Edit: I mean the top seems to be a bit forward too much compared to the bottom.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

Before I forget, here's a new report on the Hot Racing aluminium diff cases

a couple of weeks ago I bought and installed one for my center diff. FYI, the HR aluminium diff doesn't have / use the metal inserts that cause the leaking in the stock diffs.
So far, my center diff isn't leaking. That's the good part.

So I ordered 2 more for front- and rear-diffs. Went about installing the front one tonight, and found out when assembling the diff the screws wouldn't go deep enough into the aluminium housing, meaning I couldn't tighten - thus assemble - the diff.
Switched the casing with the other new one I had, that one works fine.

So my opinion so far - my center diff isn't leaking, but quality control at HR seems to be questionable since one of my diffs seems to miss deep enough screw threading or something.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Yeah I recalibrated the transmitter and updated the esc firmware.

It acts like the esc is goin into low volt shut off ,so I shut that off with the castle link but same results.

I also switched the esc to sensor only mode and it acts even worse stalling out at various speeds.
If the sensor in the motor is bad would it act like this? How would you test to?
Old 11-19-2012, 04:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Adjustable Hinge Pin Holders

I'm new here and could use some help.
I just got my SCTE with the tuning kit and I'm not sure how to use the pin holders. Anybody have a link on setting these up?
Also whats a good set up sheet for indoor clay, good traction.
thanks.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jds617 View Post
I'm new here and could use some help.
I just got my SCTE with the tuning kit and I'm not sure how to use the pin holders. Anybody have a link on setting these up?
Also whats a good set up sheet for indoor clay, good traction.
thanks.
Start with 0's all around front and rear as this is the stock setting.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattP View Post
What parts would I need to do the 8ight shock conversion on my truck?

On my truck i did the SNR graphite towers and bought the 8ight shocks(fronts and rears) running red springs in front and silver in rear, also have the 8ight bushings that go in the shock cap and i did the 8ight stand-offs and cut off the bolt goin into the tower, taped and drilled out stand-off and added a bolt small enough for the carbon tower as the 8ight stand-offs were bigger/bulkier and wouldnt go through the SNR towers and the holes were to close together to make the holes bigger. Bought the 8ight piston kit with #54,55, and 56 pistons and plan to use the 54 and 55 pistons and as you will see in the thread i list below i used for help this on the first page

Losi 8ight shocks on Losi SCTE

Also what pistons and wt oil are you using? And lastly how much does your truck weigh rtr?

Thanks,
Matt
This is the info i used off the thread above and my truck weighs about 6.8 lbs last i checked but changed a few things and need to weigh it again.
Red springs front with 35 w oil and 54 holes silver springs rear 27.5 oil # 55 set up height at 29.5 mm front 27.5 mm rear

Originally Posted by Allen720 View Post
I remember reading that you have to do some machining to bolts or the towers to get the top posts to work. the scte top shock posts do not work with the 1/8 scale shocks.
Correct, i did quite a bit of work to get mine right but thats becuz i knew what i wanted to do and was going to do it, lol. But would like to see what he did to make up for the slop as the 8ight shock caps and bushings have a larger hole than the bolt in the shock towers

Now I do have the trl tuning kit on my truck with the carbon towers. But all I just tossed a small washer on for clearance and they were good. Will be putting a set on my sons stock truck soon so we will see about the stock towers. Sorry I installed the trl kit the day I got the truck so I forget sometimes it came with diff towers. It’s a little dirty haven’t had a chance to clean it up yet.
You didnt have a slop issue with the bushings and shock bolt or stand off if you have the TLR kit>?
Old 11-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
You didnt have a slop issue with the bushings and shock bolt or stand off if you have the TLR kit>?
None what so ever.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:23 PM
Tech Addict

This is the info i used off the thread above and my truck weighs about 6.8 lbs last i checked but changed a few things and need to weigh it again.
Red springs front with 35 w oil and 54 holes silver springs rear 27.5 oil # 55 set up height at 29.5 mm front 27.5 mm rear

Correct, i did quite a bit of work to get mine right but thats becuz i knew what i wanted to do and was going to do it, lol. But would like to see what he did to make up for the slop as the 8ight shock caps and bushings have a larger hole than the bolt in the shock towers

No slop no binging, stock 8ight 2.0 rtr shocks Red Springs all the way around 54 35wt F 56 25wt R. I have a good friend that is a TRL worlds driver that has this same set up on his truck.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

None what so ever.
hmm, as you can see here...this is the 8ight standoff on bottom and the modified standoff on top and the size difference is quite a bit and why TA Man and myself modded them to work...Here is how he explained it

Originally Posted by ta_man View Post
That is a possibility but unfortunately, the hole sizes don't match up.

If you use an SCTE shock bushing on the SCTE standoff, the 8 shock cap flops around on it because the bushing hole in the 8 shock cap is bigger than the SCTE bushing.

If you use an 8 shock bushing on the SCTE standoff, the bushing flops around on the standoff because the 8 standoff has a larger diameter than the SCTE standoff.

I did all this test fitting when I started out trying to put the 8 shocks on the SCTE. That is why I made the modified 8 standoffs.

Possibly the size difference could be mitigated with shrink wrap, but when I have seen that attempted I have also seen the shrink wrap wearing out pretty fast because it is not up to that kind of load (it is not designed for loads at all - just to insulate). You might need to replace shrink wrap every race.

Here's a pic of one of my modified standoffs(top) next to a stock 8 standoff(bottom):
Old 11-19-2012, 05:35 PM
Tech Addict

hmm, as you can see here...this is the 8ight standoff on bottom and the modified standoff on top and the size difference is quite a bit and why TA Man and myself modded them to work...Here is how he explained it
I just bolted them on no problems.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:51 PM
Tech Addict

Old 11-19-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Scottie where did you get those shocks? They're $100 for a set of 4 on tlr's website. What's the cheapest place to get them? I'm guessing ebay.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skrib21 View Post
Hey guys I need some help . I just installed a pro4 4600 into my truck and now it stops If I go full throttle from a dead stop. I am runnin a mmp with cc bec , pro match racing 60c batteries, gearing is 15/40.

I have tried several different setting in the esc only thing that makes it work right is if I set the torque limit to 6 but then it is super slow taking off. Tried new sensor wire, not it. If I unplug the the sensor wire it seems to work fine. The esc doesn't completly power down the green light is flashin showing I am giving it throttle as soon as I let off and apply throttle again it moves.

Anyone ever experience this ????
Make sure your throttle and brake EXPO are both at 100% before binding the ESC.If its over 100% at the time of binding you will have deadband spots in your throttle which is what it sounds like you have..Hope this helps
Old 11-19-2012, 06:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
Scottie where did you get those shocks? They're $100 for a set of 4 on tlr's website. What's the cheapest place to get them? I'm guessing ebay.
Fronts off RcTech for 20 bucks, and the rears of ebay fo 30

Last edited by sbrewer; 11-19-2012 at 06:16 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the advice scholler I just checked it and recalibrated, that's not it either.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.