Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 03:53 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by SEF View Post
I've heard so many rumors about this and new diffs. If there are new diffs coming out, I hope they don't cost too much (although I have more into this truck than some of my 1/8 scales)

To be completely honest, the one thing I never liked about this truck from the very beginning were the diffs. The blocks are a pain, the little shims get lost and also embed themselves into the blocks, the inserts that hold the outdrives were never bonded and tend to leak, the shims behind the larger bevel gears wear out quickly, and sometimes you get smooth diff action and sometimes you don't. Not to mention the whole soft pin thing when this truck first came out.

For me it is a race, if Losi comes out with new diffs first, I suck it up and buy them. If Tekno comes out with their SCT first, I save the money on the diffs, sell the SCTE and have enough for a brand new truck.
I would be 110% happy if losi just updated their scte diff design and left everything else the same. It's a awesome truck minus all the bs going on inside a diff case. Get rid of that crap and go with a basic carbon copy of a 8ight diff and problem solved.......
Old 11-17-2012, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

You guys jinxed me. I haven't had a leaky diff since I bought the truck two summers ago, but last night I noticed my rear diff seeped fluid out.

I took it apart and noticed I didn't glue the insert that leaked. I had filled it with 2K fluid - so it was a bit thinner than normal. Anyway, I glued it up and am ready to go. Maybe I'm just lucky, or maybe I'm building them a bit different - but everything has been airtight for me for over a year.

Make sure you grease the shafts, glue the inserts, (I slime the o-rings out of habit), and tighten the diff screws the same way you tighten a car tire (crisscross pattern) so that it has a even, un-pinched seal.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:48 AM
Tech Addict

I bought the TLR Tuning kit and my hinge pin holder sets are black instead of the aluminum I see everywhere in every picture. This kind of sucks, because now they don't stand out as much and actually look like the stock ones. Does anyone know why they're black all of a sudden ?
Old 11-17-2012, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

can post a pic of them?
Old 11-17-2012, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TurboTim View Post
can post a pic of them?
x2...didnt kno/hear anything about this, hmmm!
Old 11-17-2012, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Maybe they're not black, but very dark at least. (Imho they appear lighter in this pic than with the naked eye)
Not at all like the usual pics :

The ones in the TLR Kit pics would match the shock caps in color, these match the rear hubs.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Conti027 View Post
I guess my question is do you think (cough) it would be a updated SCTE so we can just update our SCTEs to the new verison with a few parts or do you think (cough) it will be a whole new truck?
I really want to buy a SCTE but its hard to bring my self if a whole new truck is just around the corner.
22 platform 4x4 short course baby
Old 11-17-2012, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pygmy View Post
Maybe they're not black, but very dark at least. (Imho they appear lighter in this pic than with the naked eye)
Not at all like the usual pics :

The ones in the TLR Kit pics would match the shock caps in color, these match the rear hubs.
naa, they look normal and just like mine...its gunmetal and they match the rear hub, right? thats the way its suppose to be and just like all the ones ive seen. The pic from TLR you show isnt right, they look almost polished in that pic and TLR upgrades are usually the gunmetal color, even the tools. When shown by others you would pry see them or they would look brighter in pics due to the flash but your all good. I was thinking BLACK, like your chassis
Old 11-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
naa, they look normal and just like mine...its gunmetal and they match the rear hub, right? thats the way its suppose to be and just like all the ones ive seen. The pic from TLR you show isnt right, they look almost polished in that pic and TLR upgrades are usually the gunmetal color, even the tools. When shown by others you would pry see them or they would look brighter in pics due to the flash but your all good. I was thinking BLACK, like your chassis
Ok then, then at least I have the same stuff as everyone else
I just wonder why they're all bright shiny in the TLR Kit pics then...
Old 11-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

ya, that pic is messed up...ive never seen anything "polished" looking or pics like that for that fact from TLR! But ya, your all good man...Had me worried, lol!
Old 11-17-2012, 02:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
ya, that pic is messed up...ive never seen anything "polished" looking or pics like that for that fact from TLR! But ya, your all good man...Had me worried, lol!
That pic is actually straight from the source : http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...ProdId=TLR0901

On a sidenote, I'm thinking about balancing my car as I noticed it's leaning over in the air, and feels off when landing. On EBay there's cheap scales stating their range from 0.1 gram to 500gram, but I assume I need scales with a bigger range (like 0.1 gram - 5000 gram).
Do you have any suggestions on what scale I can buy best for that ? (x4, probably )

Last edited by Pygmy; 11-17-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

the truck might weigh over that but remember you will be buying 4 and splitting it up per tire so if you think about it and want to go back, some people have posted pics recently of it being weighed and i dont kno weights very well to be helpful so i'd go back and just do some quick browsing and see what you come up with
Old 11-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pygmy View Post
I bought the TLR Tuning kit and my hinge pin holder sets are black instead of the aluminum I see everywhere in every picture. This kind of sucks, because now they don't stand out as much and actually look like the stock ones. Does anyone know why they're black all of a sudden ?
Get a bce chassis then they'll stand out. Problem solved lol
Old 11-17-2012, 06:04 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Guys how often do bearings go out on this truck? I bought one second hand and it hardly rolls with no motor attached. It even sounds gritty. I think I'm fixing to order the Avid bearing kit for the truck and just replace all of them to be safe. I'm going to add the HD center outdrives while I'm in there as well.

Just wondering if bearings tend to go quicker in this truck or not.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 11-17-2012, 06:10 PM
MOE
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

it should roll free without a motor in it!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.