Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 09:15 PM
  #41116  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (4)
 
dogger 218's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 96
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

So far all bearing are good just got done with all 3 diffs motor is normal cvd fill good
dogger 218 is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 02:47 AM
  #41117  
dtr
Tech Master
 
dtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: budapest, hungary
Posts: 1,664
Default

Where can I get the conical washers that are under the bolts holding the bottom plastic plate? I have seen LOSB5033 mentioned before but is there something more specific to the SCTE, without the nitro parts?
dtr is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 04:10 AM
  #41118  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
rcgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Blackfoot Idaho.
Posts: 3,353
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...sink-Washers-8
rcgod is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 04:44 AM
  #41119  
dtr
Tech Master
 
dtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: budapest, hungary
Posts: 1,664
Default

Thanks, I have those but they are too big and do not fit the recesses in the chassis.
dtr is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 08:55 AM
  #41120  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
chucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hell
Posts: 1,315
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dogger 218 View Post
So far all bearing are good just got done with all 3 diffs motor is normal cvd fill good
Try this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HobbyPro-H17...61127259377%26
I have two one on my scte and one on my 8 E 2.0 I cant help but sometimes spin the tires
chucko is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 10:26 AM
  #41121  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
TCCustoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Central Michigan
Posts: 1,512
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
I think you're mistaken, Nitrohouse.com sells a roller with the BUMP chassis already installed. You can only get the bce on their website and only the chassis has to be bought separately.
Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
but DO KNOW that nitrohouse.com sells the TLR chassis and TLR kit for $189 i beleive but hopefully someone will chime in to point you in the right direction
no, your reading too much into what i said...I said Nitro house sells the TLR chassis and TLR tuning kit for $189 but there is a company somewhere out there that sells an aftermarket chassis like the bump, bce, or KH as a combo with the TLR tuning kit as a combo but didnt kno which. Thats what why i said hopefully someone will chime in and point you in the right direction but now that you made me look again, nitrohouse sells the BUMP chassis with the TLR kit also for $189 and thats pry the one i was thinking of...but do apologize as i didnt word it better to clearly state that i didnt know which chassis it was that was paired with the tuning kit, i just meant that if he didnt have the tuning kit that he could get the chassis and tuning kit as a combo ALOT cheaper this way if it was a chassis he liked

BUMP Chassis with TLR tuning kit
TCCustoms is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 01:21 PM
  #41122  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
chucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hell
Posts: 1,315
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-chris-atts-install.jpg

bce chassis. I think its really the ticket. they have em on e bay.. a chris battery holder. helps with lowering center of gravity and transfers weight where you need it. a fan to keep it cool on those 120 degree days when racing in the heat or indoor heated track that fan cost 6 bucks and has been working for a yr.
chucko is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 06:29 PM
  #41123  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (33)
 
Allen720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 435
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chucko View Post
Attachment 992607

bce chassis. I think its really the ticket. they have em on e bay.. a chris battery holder. helps with lowering center of gravity and transfers weight where you need it. a fan to keep it cool on those 120 degree days when racing in the heat or indoor heated track that fan cost 6 bucks and has been working for a yr.
nevermind
Allen720 is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 06:33 PM
  #41124  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (33)
 
Allen720's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 435
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chucko View Post
Try this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HobbyPro-H17...61127259377%26
I have two one on my scte and one on my 8 E 2.0 I cant help but sometimes spin the tires
how long did it take to get it. it says on ebay dec6 to dec 24 delivery date
Allen720 is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 06:40 PM
  #41125  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 132
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default setup tools

could someone please tell me what setup tools i need for the scte. just got into the rc car scene this past weekend with a scte rolling chassis, and novak electonics. Anyway, i dont see any hudy stuff that will work with this truck ?

i think i need a setup board, guages for ride height, camber and toe in ? Anything else ??? what tools are you guys using, what works ? i have searched and spent hours on rctech since i joined yesterday but i couldnt find anything specific for the scte.. i did read that the hudy off road setup station does not work with this truck.
aquaanox is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 06:58 PM
  #41126  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by aquaanox View Post
could someone please tell me what setup tools i need for the scte. just got into the rc car scene this past weekend with a scte rolling chassis, and novak electonics. Anyway, i dont see any hudy stuff that will work with this truck ?

i think i need a setup board, guages for ride height, camber and toe in ? Anything else ??? what tools are you guys using, what works ? i have searched and spent hours on rctech since i joined yesterday but i couldnt find anything specific for the scte.. i did read that the hudy off road setup station does not work with this truck.
IMO a setup station for an offroad car is a bit unnecessary. A ride height gauge and a camber gauge and a smooth flat surface can get you dialed in 95% of the time. I have some large calipers to dial in toe in when I first build but after that I just adjust by eye if I need to.
Casper is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 06:59 PM
  #41127  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (20)
 
sbrewer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Amarillo Tx
Posts: 729
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by aquaanox View Post
could someone please tell me what setup tools i need for the scte. just got into the rc car scene this past weekend with a scte rolling chassis, and novak electonics. Anyway, i dont see any hudy stuff that will work with this truck ?

i think i need a setup board, guages for ride height, camber and toe in ? Anything else ??? what tools are you guys using, what works ? i have searched and spent hours on rctech since i joined yesterday but i couldnt find anything specific for the scte.. i did read that the hudy off road setup station does not work with this truck.
I would say all you really need is ride height guage and a camber guage. That truck I really good stock, a lot of ppl make alot of changes, but I would say get some good tires, and drive it till you need to change out that diff grease
sbrewer is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 03:49 AM
  #41128  
Tech Regular
 
MRANTITRAXXAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Trumann, AR
Posts: 340
Default

Originally Posted by dtr View Post
Thanks, I have those but they are too big and do not fit the recesses in the chassis.
You need the number 6's instead of 8's
MRANTITRAXXAS is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 06:01 AM
  #41129  
dtr
Tech Master
 
dtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: budapest, hungary
Posts: 1,664
Default

Originally Posted by MRANTITRAXXAS View Post
You need the number 6's instead of 8's
Thanks, could you please give a bit more detail? I am not familiar with SAE hardware sizes.
dtr is offline  
Old 11-16-2012, 07:00 AM
  #41130  
Suspended
iTrader: (440)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 10,180
Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chucko View Post
Attachment 992607

bce chassis. I think its really the ticket. they have em on e bay.. a chris battery holder. helps with lowering center of gravity and transfers weight where you need it. a fan to keep it cool on those 120 degree days when racing in the heat or indoor heated track that fan cost 6 bucks and has been working for a yr.
That looks like a good setup. Did you run the truck with the stock chassis before the BCE? If so how much of an actual difference did it make on the track?
MattP is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.