Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 04:21 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dogger 218
Ya it is the pro 4 getting hot rx8 is about 150
Ok, we don't "thermal" on the motor temp. We'll let you run it up to 300 degrees no sweat.

If the truck is shutting down it's either the Rx8 getting hot OR the battery isn't getting the job done and going into low voltage cut off. The led's will show you what is going on there. So next time you run the truck, if it shuts down, quickly look at the led's and see what they look like:

Or

I agree with the guys though. Motor temps that high are often due to drive train drag: Rear hub bearings, bound up Cvd joints, etc. Also take the motor out and service it, check the bearings especially the front one, it goes first.

If that all is good we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ok I will check all bearings to night
Old 11-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
We'll let you run it up to 300 degrees no sweat.
Roger, run the 4600 up to 300 degrees....i'll go test this right now!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by USMC STONE
Throw stock chassi in trash and upgrade is biggest weight cut
Cut a lot of holes in battery tray to lighten up its a big heavy chunk of plastic
Cut the side handles off on mud guards
Thanks for the tips.

What seems to be the most popular chassis? BCE? TLR? MIP?
Old 11-14-2012, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattP
Thanks for the tips.

What seems to be the most popular chassis? BCE? TLR? MIP?
we all like each one for different reasons and why they call it "the great chassis debate"

I went with the KingHeadz due to the center diff being turned alittle to relieve stress on the front shaft...As for the MIP, that is a "whole kit" not just a chassis but when you think about the $$$ part of it for $180(on ebay and sure someone else) is a steal when most chassis alone run $100 and to think you get the chassis, shock towers, springs, and more...chassis and towers can run you $160 easy

All are good choices tho...find one that suits what your looking for and go for it
Old 11-14-2012, 06:40 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
we all like each one for different reasons and why they call it "the great chassis debate"

I went with the KingHeadz due to the center diff being turned alittle to relieve stress on the front shaft...As for the MIP, that is a "whole kit" not just a chassis but when you think about the $$$ part of it for $180(on ebay and sure someone else) is a steal when most chassis alone run $100 and to think you get the chassis, shock towers, springs, and more...chassis and towers can run you $160 easy

All are good choices tho...find one that suits what your looking for and go for it
I already have TLR carbon fiber shock towers. I don't have a problem with the stock chassis as far as handling but when this chassis wears out I will buy an aftermarket instead of another stock one.

I always hear great things about BCE chassis' so I might go that route. I will check out the KH as well because I like the idea of less stress on the front center shaft.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I already have TLR carbon fiber shock towers. I don't have a problem with the stock chassis as far as handling but when this chassis wears out I will buy an aftermarket instead of another stock one.

I always hear great things about BCE chassis' so I might go that route. I will check out the KH as well because I like the idea of less stress on the front center shaft.
I have run bce chassis' on all my race vehicles. They are really the best quality chassis out there in my opinion. I will probably end up putting one on an 8ight e 2.0 when i get one as well. Bill makes a great product and he will help you out if you have any problems. I have yet to hear of someone not liking their bce chassis.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

do you have the TLR tuning kit? If not and go with the BCE...there is a company that pairs the 2 together as a combo deal and do like i did and sell the parts i didnt need in the tuning kit and make some money back but not sure who carries that combo but DO KNOW that nitrohouse.com sells the TLR chassis and TLR kit for $189 i beleive but hopefully someone will chime in to point you in the right direction
Old 11-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
do you have the TLR tuning kit? If not and go with the BCE...there is a company that pairs the 2 together as a combo deal and do like i did and sell the parts i didnt need in the tuning kit and make some money back but not sure who carries that combo but DO KNOW that nitrohouse.com sells the TLR chassis and TLR kit for $189 i beleive but hopefully someone will chime in to point you in the right direction
I think you're mistaken, Nitrohouse.com sells a roller with the BUMP chassis already installed. You can only get the bce on their website and only the chassis has to be bought separately.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Awesome Losi SCTE for sale

I am selling my SCTE it has been an awesome truck just don't get to race it much anymore. It is highly upgraded. I have gotten many compliments on how quiet my truck is compared to all other SCTE's at the track. Very smooth. I just wanted to post this here before the for sale thread to see if anyone is interested. Link to pics http://s1058.beta.photobucket.com/us...i%20Ten%20SCTE
Full Tekno drive train
Aluminum bleeder caps, hard bodies, TiNi shafts, M2C pistons
T Bone bumpers
Carbon towers
New diff gears
Spring sets
Aluminum toe blocks with extra inserts
Bump chassis
Aluminum locking wheel hexes
Aluminum rear hubs
King headz center diff mount
Carbon center diff plate with transponder mount
Aluminum servo horn
Titanium turnbuckles
HA balls
Sway bar kits
Complete spare drive train (replaced everything when I went Tekno)
12-17 mod 1 opinions
4 nib losb3568 diff seals shims pins gasket
1 nib losb4114 replacement hinge pin inserts
1 nib losb4023 rod end set
2 nib losb2906 shock rebuild set
1 nib losb3574 axles
Stock chassis
Assorted bearings
Lots of spare screws (bought Tony's screw kit)
Lots of spare parts
Custom painted body used but not junk
Panther boas super soft 1 set
Proline Snipers m2 1 set
Proline Snipers m3 1 pair
AKA Enduros Soft 1 set
Proline Calibers m3 1 set
2 6600 nano techs
Rx8, pro 4 4600, XP ds1015 servo
I'm not really sure what's it's worth but looking to get around $700 for it.
Thanks let me know what you guys think. [email protected] or 608-395-9345

Last edited by Gas Rat Racin; 11-14-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastchvy
I run this exact same set up in my MIP SCTE and its very quick and smooth. It was better then my tekin 4600 rx8 set up and my motor only runs around 130 with 15 degrees of timing in it...i ran up against a scte with a 4600 with 40 degrees of timing and we are side by side...i own 5 hobbywings esc for all of my cars and have not had one issue at all..
Agreed! I run them in everything electric I own.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So far all bearing are good just got done with all 3 diffs motor is normal cvd fill good
Old 11-15-2012, 02:47 AM
dtr
Tech Master

Where can I get the conical washers that are under the bolts holding the bottom plastic plate? I have seen LOSB5033 mentioned before but is there something more specific to the SCTE, without the nitro parts?
Old 11-15-2012, 04:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...sink-Washers-8
Old 11-15-2012, 04:44 AM
dtr
Tech Master

Thanks, I have those but they are too big and do not fit the recesses in the chassis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.