Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 03:12 PM
  #40696  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
spider882009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indiana, Pa
Posts: 1,955
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default

I'm upgrading my SCTE Servo. What is everyone running in there Ten-SCTE? I'm running a viper copperhead with a 5150kv motor. Also Im on a MIP Chassis.
spider882009 is offline  
Old 11-01-2012, 04:17 PM
  #40697  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,553
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dtr View Post
Thanks a lot Ryan! Now that's barely a ride "height"
Yeah, I saw that and was like, WOW, that is low. But it worked I guess, right.
hacker07 is offline  
Old 11-01-2012, 04:19 PM
  #40698  
Tech Addict
 
Pygmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 506
Default

That's not ride-height, that's disclosing the vacuum between chassis and floor.
Pygmy is offline  
Old 11-01-2012, 05:11 PM
  #40699  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: TX
Posts: 121
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Pygmy View Post


Hot Racing aluminium differential case installed for the center diff.
No inserts like in the stock diff. Filled with 7k oil, raced it for 3 hours today, no leaks so far. I like it, so I've ordered 2 more for the front & rear
Sorry, couldn't find someone with a scale to weigh it and I really wanted to install it.
But for the people who were thinking "more rotating mass ! I will not use it!" - my idea is : leaking diffs suck! This diff casing works so far, and any "rotating mass" problems are countered by just using one of the f'ing powerful motors out there for SC. My HW 3656SD was way overpowered for our indoor carpet track anyway, so I doubt a few milligrams of rotating mass are going to give it a hard time.
I think the page said they are 35g or so... that mean 1oz each. x3 = 3 extra oz so you know before making your decision
Losi is close to release new plastic ones supposedly leak proof
TXSlasher is offline  
Old 11-01-2012, 05:14 PM
  #40700  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
TCCustoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Central Michigan
Posts: 1,512
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TXSlasher View Post
I think the page said they are 35g or so... that mean 1oz each. x3 = 3 extra oz so you know before making your decision
Losi is close to release new plastic ones supposedly leak proof
But whats the weight comparison to the stock? Thats the big thing everyone is debating...is it worth the weight gain
TCCustoms is offline  
Old 11-01-2012, 05:36 PM
  #40701  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: TX
Posts: 121
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
But whats the weight comparison to the stock? Thats the big thing everyone is debating...is it worth the weight gain
A teaspoon weights 5g and I'm not sure it would even weight 10g so AT LEAST triple the weight for the alum IMO
TXSlasher is offline  
Old 11-01-2012, 05:46 PM
  #40702  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
TCCustoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Central Michigan
Posts: 1,512
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

actually here is what is posted on one of their sellers site...its the shipping weight, i posted it back cuz i thought the 30grams seemed high BUT a good point was still raised to where its alum and if not always greased it could cause premature wearing where the metal inserts would normally be since the alum is softer

0.8200 ounces
(23.2 grams)
(0.051 pounds)
TCCustoms is offline  
Old 11-01-2012, 05:58 PM
  #40703  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
rcgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Blackfoot Idaho.
Posts: 3,352
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

If it doesn't have the steel inserts it saves some weight there. Might not be too much heavier. The wear would be the real concern.
rcgod is offline  
Old 11-01-2012, 06:14 PM
  #40704  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
rcguy76559's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Jarrell tx
Posts: 668
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

my diffs never leaked a drop and mine was the first kits out. Only thing i have done is lightly sand down the case to make sure its flat.
rcguy76559 is offline  
Old 11-01-2012, 07:36 PM
  #40705  
Tech Master
iTrader: (39)
 
BDRMBULLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: toronto CANADA
Posts: 1,490
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Most indoor dingos on carpet are set up like on road car ride height, i like some limiters in my shocks personally rather than cutting springs
BDRMBULLY is offline  
Old 11-01-2012, 08:27 PM
  #40706  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (45)
 
goehm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 2,756
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by USMC STONE View Post
You can't beat the Hitec 7955. Less than 100 bucks, up to 333 ounces, and I know at least 6-7 guys plus me run straight lipos with no regulator to them in nitro and never had one fail that I've heard of. When you get down to super fast servos( -.08)to me they feel too twitchy. I had a 7940 in my short course and I had to turn way down on radio, just too twitchy feeling.
If you want a servo and don't want to wonder if you could have better then get the 7955.
I run Hitec servos and have that 7955, but honestly I like my 5996 better for this application. 7955 is pretty slow. Comparable stats are as follows:

HS-7955TG is .15 speed w/ 333oz torque
HSC-5996TG is .10 speed w/ 181oz torque
goehm is offline  
Old 11-01-2012, 08:51 PM
  #40707  
Tech Master
iTrader: (24)
 
Feint Motion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: So Cal IE
Posts: 1,346
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by spider882009 View Post
I'm upgrading my SCTE Servo. What is everyone running in there Ten-SCTE? I'm running a viper copperhead with a 5150kv motor. Also Im on a MIP Chassis.
Savox 1258 is pretty awesome for these trucks.
Feint Motion is offline  
Old 11-01-2012, 09:34 PM
  #40708  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (42)
 
aloksatoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N California
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY View Post
Most indoor dingos on carpet are set up like on road car ride height, i like some limiters in my shocks personally rather than cutting springs
I think he did it for the spring characteristics. A highly compressed spring won't progress as much through the entire throw compared to a non stressed one. I know from personal exp with the older schumacher springs on a cougar they just work funny.
aloksatoor is offline  
Old 11-01-2012, 10:07 PM
  #40709  
Tech Master
iTrader: (39)
 
BDRMBULLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: toronto CANADA
Posts: 1,490
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
I think he did it for the spring characteristics. A highly compressed spring won't progress as much through the entire throw compared to a non stressed one. I know from personal exp with the older schumacher springs on a cougar they just work funny.
With orignal springs I conquer, new springs n rates are different , i like to make ride hight with limeters, some cut springs, some use the droop screws , what ever works, some methods cause more wear n tear than others, i had my truck set up fer dirt but got rained out so took it to carpet, tried diff shock positions for diff reactions, went ok but wasnt where i wanted to be, finally used the droop screws to lower ride hight helped much more, a combo of the two plus limiters would be perfect, ill let you know , im almost there lol
Having probs with my dx3r pro , got one with a bad/recall code in the bat tray so i sent it in but now im on the fence for a new controller, thinking to go m12 seeing as my rc cars are worth a great radio lol but i recently bought 3 dsm2 recievers for my. Spektrum, cant believe they havent come out with newer stuff.
BDRMBULLY is offline  
Old 11-01-2012, 10:25 PM
  #40710  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (42)
 
aloksatoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: N California
Posts: 3,099
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY View Post
With orignal springs I conquer, new springs n rates are different , i like to make ride hight with limeters, some cut springs, some use the droop screws , what ever works, some methods cause more wear n tear than others, i had my truck set up fer dirt but got rained out so took it to carpet, tried diff shock positions for diff reactions, went ok but wasnt where i wanted to be, finally used the droop screws to lower ride hight helped much more, a combo of the two plus limiters would be perfect, ill let you know , im almost there lol
Having probs with my dx3r pro , got one with a bad/recall code in the bat tray so i sent it in but now im on the fence for a new controller, thinking to go m12 seeing as my rc cars are worth a great radio lol but i recently bought 3 dsm2 recievers for my. Spektrum, cant believe they havent come out with newer stuff.
Throw away the spectrum. Once you try an airtronics and go back to spectrum you will know .
aloksatoor is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.