Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

Theres a sticker on some of them?
Old 10-23-2012, 02:25 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pygmy View Post
I finally got my shock oil in the mail. Anyone got a good link (video/text) on how to best change shock oil ?
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
a buddy of mine just bought a truck from amain and there is no sticker on the battery tray (indicating it's an updated model). did they stop putting the stickers on?
Mine didn't have a sticker on the battery tray (bought it 5 weeks ago). Was I supposed to have one ?
Old 10-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

mine didnt either and i bought mine a year ago
Old 10-23-2012, 04:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drepus View Post
Theres a sticker on some of them?
Of course Ryan would be the authorititive source on this, but meanwhile...

With the ARR:
- the 1st batch that had problems with the diff pins didn't have a sticker.
- the 2nd batch had a sticker starting with "A" that had some revisions for the diff pins
- the 3rd batch had a sticker starting with "AA" that had further revisions

No idea for the RTR...

The sticker is/was on the outsite of the battery tray, facing towards the centre, near the rear centre driveshaft.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Tech Prophet

What shock piston number and shock oil do you use with the orange and green springs on this truck ? And how do you bleed these shocks and setting rebound my truck is pretty much stock.

Anybody ?

Last edited by tc5 man; 10-24-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

I've upgraded to a MIP Chassis. Doing real good with it. Was gonna up grade some of the other parts. Does anyone have or use "HOT RACING TEN-SCTE" Parts??? Trying to get a feel for them.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

MOST of the time Hot Racing stuff is junk but they do come up with a good part every once and a while .....
Old 10-24-2012, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

i'm going to be purchasing some shock springs and pistons. which ones should i get? was thinking about getting the spring sets for the front and rear.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pballer2777 View Post
i'm going to be purchasing some shock springs and pistons. which ones should i get? was thinking about getting the spring sets for the front and rear.
Use black front and orange rear. They are in the option spring kit. #3f/#4r with 27.5 oil. Some are also using the 22 pistons, #55 with two holes blocked off, 32.5/30 oil.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey guys, just a few quick questions. I am getting back into R/C after a little over 10 years and recently had a chance to drive both the AE and Losi 4x4's. Loved the Losi, but the AE was not setup and had a dif problem or something. Anyhow I loved my old Losi NXT when I raced nitro years ago so I think I am leaning towards the Losi. My question is, is there any chance a new truck will be coming out any time soon? I know the 22 was just released but is there anything on the horizon for the 4wd? Also, I have read some of this thread and read in a few others that the Losi is hard on electronics and batteries? Is there a remedy for this if so? As I said, I am learning all of this over again. All the new battery, motor, esc and radio technology is amazing and a pain to re-learn LOL.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3Captain View Post
Hey guys, just a few quick questions. I am getting back into R/C after a little over 10 years and recently had a chance to drive both the AE and Losi 4x4's. Loved the Losi, but the AE was not setup and had a dif problem or something. Anyhow I loved my old Losi NXT when I raced nitro years ago so I think I am leaning towards the Losi. My question is, is there any chance a new truck will be coming out any time soon? I know the 22 was just released but is there anything on the horizon for the 4wd? Also, I have read some of this thread and read in a few others that the Losi is hard on electronics and batteries? Is there a remedy for this if so? As I said, I am learning all of this over again. All the new battery, motor, esc and radio technology is amazing and a pain to re-learn LOL.
it's not that hard really. the problem with people saying this truck is hard on electronics is vastly overrated (usually AE fanboi's). you can buy decent, inexpensive batteries that will power this truck just fine (nano-tech 6.0 from hobbyking.com). the 4 pole motors are generally considered the motor to run (either tenshock, tekin pro-4, castle 1410, hobbywing 3656, trinity revtech 4XS, etc). the esc's to use are either the tekin RX8 or hobbywing SCTPro. that set up right there (those batteries, one of those motors, one of those esc's) will not have any problems powering this truck. of course you can pay twice as much for batteries that will have minimal, if any, advantage over their cheaper nano-tech counterparts...
Old 10-24-2012, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 3Captain View Post
A lot of battery issues are related to running hard to lvc when it is set at 3.0v per cell. I puffed a few packs until I raised it to 3.2
Old 10-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
it's not that hard really. the problem with people saying this truck is hard on electronics is vastly overrated (usually AE fanboi's). you can buy decent, inexpensive batteries that will power this truck just fine (nano-tech 6.0 from hobbyking.com). the 4 pole motors are generally considered the motor to run (either tenshock, tekin pro-4, castle 1410, hobbywing 3656, trinity revtech 4XS, etc). the esc's to use are either the tekin RX8 or hobbywing SCTPro. that set up right there (those batteries, one of those motors, one of those esc's) will not have any problems powering this truck. of course you can pay twice as much for batteries that will have minimal, if any, advantage over their cheaper nano-tech counterparts...
I'm using the HW SCTPro and 3656 combo on my wife's truck along with Nano-Tech 6.6 batteries. Works great!

Not sure I can claim my Tekin RX-8 is any better. Time will tell.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Tech Prophet

Anybody ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.