Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 10:11 AM
  #4021  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (24)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 832
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Blitzrockey View Post
Just got my new drive pins from losi this am Thanks guys really good cs.
Are you serious!!! I've heard of other guy's getting there pins as well. Man I was one of the first to call in and I got nothing. Talked with Horizon 2 nights ago...told me late next week.....Sad!! and your screen name say's you live in Canada......
kerby is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 10:19 AM
  #4022  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 129
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

i got my pins in yesterday.
awesome customer service.
makes me glad i bought a losi!
Kotu100 is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 10:23 AM
  #4023  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (15)
 
heavyjeffd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,805
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Anyone have the number handy to call Horizon for pins/cups?
heavyjeffd is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 10:29 AM
  #4024  
Tech Master
 
FangsCPO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 1,095
Default

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd View Post
Anyone have the number handy to call Horizon for pins/cups?
1-877-504-0233
FangsCPO is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 10:29 AM
  #4025  
Tech Master
iTrader: (33)
 
ntrain42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,980
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Let me ask this: Regardless if I go with Tekin or Novak's BL 550 motor, should I go with the 4.5T for racing or the 5.5T one? Would the ESC's be able to tame down the hotter engine with proper gearing if I go with the 4.5T and keep low end torque high or? Since I am new to this class I want to make sure I have an engine I can control easily to start, but yet I want to make sure Im not losing races due to lack of engine performance. You thoughts?
ntrain42 is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 10:32 AM
  #4026  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,553
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

To all...we were able to expedite the final pin and it will be here on Monday. That way, many of you are not getting the interim pin and then the final pin. Those of you that have received pins so far did get the interim pin and should contact Horizon Customer Support to get on their list for the final pins. Those of you that contacted Horizon Customer Support will be getting your shipped out on Tuesday as near as I can tell. Again, thank you for your patience.

Also, I will be at RCX all weekend, so if you feel like stopping by, I'd love to meet some of you. I will have some of the interim pins with me as well.
hacker07 is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 10:35 AM
  #4027  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,553
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd View Post
Anyone have the number handy to call Horizon for pins/cups?
There is not an issue with the drive cups. They do wear. However, they get to a certain point and it really does not affect performance that much from our testing. For those of you looking for the ultimate in performance, you will want to get the HD lightened outdrives when they are released in about a month and a half.

With the stock outdrives, we tried harder and then they snapped, so we went with what would keep you on the track turning laps. I ran stock outdrives for 7 months straight and yeah they wore, but it didnt ever affect my lap times.
hacker07 is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 10:40 AM
  #4028  
Tech Fanatic
 
wcrase101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: freeport il
Posts: 764
Default

Originally Posted by hacker07 View Post
To all...we were able to expedite the final pin and it will be here on Monday. That way, many of you are not getting the interim pin and then the final pin. Those of you that have received pins so far did get the interim pin and should contact Horizon Customer Support to get on their list for the final pins. Those of you that contacted Horizon Customer Support will be getting your shipped out on Tuesday as near as I can tell. Again, thank you for your patience.

Also, I will be at RCX all weekend, so if you feel like stopping by, I'd love to meet some of you. I will have some of the interim pins with me as well.
I'm getting ansy, can't wait for them pins to get here so I can hit the carpet, how will we know witch pins set we got?
Just wondering in case they get here after the final pins are suposed to be out.

Qestion for all the carpet racers? whats a good diff set-up on carpet?
would it be thicker than the 5-5-3 considering the high traction? just trying to get a good starting point for when it's time to put them diff pins in.
wcrase101 is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 10:44 AM
  #4029  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (51)
 
J. Schwarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leander, TX
Posts: 378
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

.........

Last edited by J. Schwarz; 03-18-2011 at 12:02 PM.
J. Schwarz is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 10:52 AM
  #4030  
Tech Master
iTrader: (33)
 
ntrain42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,980
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ntrain42 View Post
Let me ask this: Regardless if I go with Tekin or Novak's BL 550 motor, should I go with the 4.5T for racing or the 5.5T one? Would the ESC's be able to tame down the hotter engine with proper gearing if I go with the 4.5T and keep low end torque high or? Since I am new to this class I want to make sure I have an engine I can control easily to start, but yet I want to make sure Im not losing races due to lack of engine performance. You thoughts?
Also, to my above questions, when going with a lower turn motor, do I increase heat/wear and tear on the ESC more even if I gear down vs. going with a less radical 5.5T engine that might be geared a little higher?
ntrain42 is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 11:25 AM
  #4031  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,553
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wcrase101 View Post
I'm getting ansy, can't wait for them pins to get here so I can hit the carpet, how will we know witch pins set we got?
Just wondering in case they get here after the final pins are suposed to be out.

Qestion for all the carpet racers? whats a good diff set-up on carpet?
would it be thicker than the 5-5-3 considering the high traction? just trying to get a good starting point for when it's time to put them diff pins in.
If you contacted Horizon Customer Support, you will get the updated correct ones only. If you contacted Losi or me, you got the interim pins and as I mentioned, you will want to contact Horizon Customer Support to get on the list for the correct ones.
hacker07 is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 11:38 AM
  #4032  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Ridley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,460
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by J. Schwarz View Post
So I got word back on the Tungsten-Carbide diff pins. Lead time is pretty long @7weeks. I am working on seeing what it would take to get it reduced.

A set of 6 pins, enough to outfit the truck, would run @ or under $54shipped Conus.
54$ for 6 swipes of the end mill

11$ for the c52 pins from Chris sounds a lot better, and they too will likely outlast the rest of the truck
Ridley is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 11:42 AM
  #4033  
Tech Master
iTrader: (39)
 
BDRMBULLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: toronto CANADA
Posts: 1,490
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
54$ for 6 swipes of the end mill

11$ for the c52 pins from Chris sounds a lot better, and they too will likely outlast the rest of the truck
interested in these 11$ pins. i just finished painting mine that i purchased two days ago. then i pop in here to do some reading only to find out about this dilema. sheez. i havent even ran mine yet and now ya'll got me skeered lol
BDRMBULLY is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 11:50 AM
  #4034  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (51)
 
J. Schwarz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leander, TX
Posts: 378
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

..........

Last edited by J. Schwarz; 03-18-2011 at 12:02 PM.
J. Schwarz is offline  
Old 03-18-2011, 11:52 AM
  #4035  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the update, Ryan. I contacted Horizon, so I guess I won't see anything until next week. Should work out well as thats when my DX8 will also come back. It's going to be a good hobby week next week.
AMorgan is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.