Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 08:48 AM
  #40096  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,797
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by D-A-N-4-4 View Post
I'm going to the hobby shop to get some spares for my Truck. What parts break the most?

Thanks,
Dan
None.

Front bumper is only part i've broken in almost a year with this truck.
Rockthecatbox21 is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 08:49 AM
  #40097  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (15)
 
hweaver184's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: greenwood arkansas
Posts: 219
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Rear shock tower. Buy the cf towers. Get some front control arms. Get a set of diff spider gears and a diff carrier. Get at least one set of hub bearings
These are the primary pieces that usually mess up at the worst time and can't get very fast in some cases. If you are on inconsistent tracks(bite,no bite and rough) I would strongly recommend these parts. Diff parts don't break frequent but they do break and usually it hurts the diff carrier
hweaver184 is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 10:57 AM
  #40098  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (45)
 
goehm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 2,756
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default HobbyKing Shipping

Just an random info tidbit: I placed an order for two more Nanotech batteries, chose EMS just to see how long that would take. Placed the order on 10/5, and the batteries were in my mailbox on 10/13. Not bad at all.
goehm is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 11:06 AM
  #40099  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
TCCustoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Central Michigan
Posts: 1,512
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by wildracr29 View Post
Thanks for the update TCC. Just looked up the Bro Codes and they are only available for the 1/10 buggy so far. I have time to make up my mind so I am not rushing to get tires and rims.
Oh crap...i forgot about that, my bad! I read that and forgot it was only for the 1/10 buggies

Originally Posted by goehm View Post
Just an random info tidbit: I placed an order for two more Nanotech batteries, chose EMS just to see how long that would take. Placed the order on 10/5, and the batteries were in my mailbox on 10/13. Not bad at all.
Your lucky...Im gonna leave it at that as i got flamed for complaining last time i did the exact same and took over a month to get even tho they were in stock in INTER warehouse and thats where i ordered from
TCCustoms is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 11:39 AM
  #40100  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (45)
 
goehm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 2,756
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
Your lucky...Im gonna leave it at that as i got flamed for complaining last time i did the exact same and took over a month to get even tho they were in stock in INTER warehouse and thats where i ordered from
Actually, that's one of the reasons I chose EMS post. I've been trying various shipping options to see how long each would take. the longest so far for anything hasn't been more than 2 weeks.

Wasn't yours the one that was shipped to the US and spent weeks being routed around the US?
goehm is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 12:03 PM
  #40101  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,797
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Mine got here relatively fast from the us warehouse.
Rockthecatbox21 is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 12:08 PM
  #40102  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 334
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hweaver184 View Post
Rear shock tower. Buy the cf towers. Get some front control arms. Get a set of diff spider gears and a diff carrier. Get at least one set of hub bearings
These are the primary pieces that usually mess up at the worst time and can't get very fast in some cases. If you are on inconsistent tracks(bite,no bite and rough) I would strongly recommend these parts. Diff parts don't break frequent but they do break and usually it hurts the diff carrier
Okay I just had my LHS order me a TLR rear CF shock tower and I bought some bearing while I was there... He also ordered me some front arms.

Thanks,
Dan
D-A-N-4-4 is offline  
Old 10-13-2012, 01:55 PM
  #40103  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
TCCustoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Central Michigan
Posts: 1,512
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by goehm View Post
Actually, that's one of the reasons I chose EMS post. I've been trying various shipping options to see how long each would take. the longest so far for anything hasn't been more than 2 weeks.

Wasn't yours the one that was shipped to the US and spent weeks being routed around the US?
Yaup, that was me...made it to the US in 2-3 days once shipped but took 3 days to go 45 miles over in NY once it hit the US but was literally a month from the point of ordering and paid 25ish for EMS to get it faster and didn't seem to help
TCCustoms is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 04:42 AM
  #40104  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (46)
 
Chris K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Independence, MO
Posts: 2,575
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

And therefore a 'rule of thumb' or forefinger can be established for these packs; IF you're in a hurry buy something that is IN STOCK at your local hobby shop....

IF you're patient &/or NOT in a hurry, the Hobbyking shipping arrangements from Hong Kong work fine....

With that said, I'm doing a full tear down on my truck this weekend - new diffs and housings along with the aluminum pin holders - lotta' work but it's interesting to see what has worn as this is one of the ORIGINAL trucks - 1st boat load!

Amazing how little the diffs have worn; probably don't need to be replaced and I'll set them aside for spares.
Chris K is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 06:35 AM
  #40105  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (3)
 
Gene158's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 634
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I just started running my scte on an indoor clay track, box stock setup except I just put some super soft barcodes on which have definitely improved the handling but its still not great. I seem to be having some understeer, both on and off power but especially on power. Anyone have any setup tips to fix this?
Gene158 is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 06:42 AM
  #40106  
Tech Master
iTrader: (55)
 
kjohnsiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: auburn, wa
Posts: 1,556
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

My advice is to get the tuning kit and then put the Ryan Dunford or the Aaron Lane set up on the truck. The truck will turn much better everywhere. You might have to make small adjustments here and there but these are both great baseline setups.

Without doing those setups, you could try putting a little toe out in the front. Double check your camber (the stock tie rods tend to loosen during runs) Also check your ride height too.

good luck.
kjohnsiii is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 08:00 AM
  #40107  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 236
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

So I just bought a mip chassis conversion runs awesome at outdoor tracks but on small indoor tight tracks it dosent like to rotate/turn as fast.... Any ideas suspension wise I could get the truck to make tighter turns?
Bsro60 is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 08:38 AM
  #40108  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
rcgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Blackfoot Idaho.
Posts: 3,353
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bsro60 View Post
So I just bought a mip chassis conversion runs awesome at outdoor tracks but on small indoor tight tracks it dosent like to rotate/turn as fast.... Any ideas suspension wise I could get the truck to make tighter turns?
What setup? Are you running the short ackerman link?
rcgod is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 09:58 AM
  #40109  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (58)
 
8ight-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,174
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

So I have not been watching this thread for at least a month maybe three LOL anyway anything new or interesting in reguards to the scte? The front page hasn't been updated in ages. MIP kits were getting big last time I read but I'm not into those, my truck is great w/ the BUMP chassis. So anything other than that.. any new part revisions? Did we ever get that "big" release part from LOSI? Thanks for the catch up.
8ight-e is offline  
Old 10-14-2012, 10:10 AM
  #40110  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,797
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

It seems all the people with the mip do just as well and no better than the tlr guys. Really think the tlr kit v.s. the mip is just driving style. Like my bce/tlr scte just fine.
Rockthecatbox21 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.