Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem View Post
If you are talking about the internal resistance of the higher priced pack being lower then yes I agree in some cases the more expensive pack will be better .

The resistance in the bannanna plug is because of its design NOT because its used on a cheap battery or an expensive one .

I have a REEDY pack that cost like 150 bucks and it came with the same birdcage style plugs as my cheapie Nano Techs have , the difference is the REEDY pack says not to use the charging harness for running the vehicle ......
Exactly, they are better made...but as for the harness they even told you not to use it but i wouldnt in the first place becuz of birdcages and also the the added balance wiring that if it gets caught and ripped it could cause damage to the wiring causing a possible $11(locally) harness to get messege up and possibly even something happening to the battery. Thats pretty sad tho that for that price they cant give you a better harness for charging especially since the duratrax bullets i use are $2-3 for 2 bullets.

Originally Posted by RossNZ View Post
Just modded the alloy motor mount to take duel bearings, it was easy and only cost the price of the bearing and a little time, will take a pic later if any ones keen.
Let us kno what you did also...

Originally Posted by xxxntwv View Post
Is there any difference in the actual trucks between the roller and rtr.
Ya, no electrics....LMAO! but other than that, no, none a thing but if you plan to run 2S i would get the roller and whatever motor/esc you want or buy the RTR and sell the electrics on here or ebay
Old 10-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wildracr29 View Post
Just my .02 here but since you just purchased your SCTE, you might want to give it a bit more time before buying the MIP chassis. I have read good things on this chassis but it is a spendy upgrade (unless you have the extra cash just laying around then ...hey). I just purchased my SCTE too and have been reading this thread for some time now (so much info here) and a lot of people have spoken about the truck being nose heavy and that you have to get used to staying on the the throttle just a hair longer than with the 2WD. Ultimately the decision is your but I would spend more time on the truck before the chassis upgrade but like I said earlier, many have spoken well about it.
Agreed. I just read this, and looked at the MIP site and though its awesome gear, for $175 + ouch.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Quick question, and not enough time to read 2600 posts. I just bought a new one on Friday and have yet to put my electronics in it. (Just been busy)

Does anyone make a undercover?

I have a JConcepts for my sons slash, but I haven't been able to find one for this truck.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Anybody ? Also does the Losi Alum servo work on this truck ?
Old 10-06-2012, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OG RC 10T View Post
Agreed. I just read this, and looked at the MIP site and though its awesome gear, for $175 + ouch.
Dood, really?! You think $180/190 shipped(found on ebay) is bad? Go buy a after market chassis, and shock towers and let me know how much you just spend...my guess is you paid around $100ish for the chassis and usually ATLEAST $30 per shock tower, thats $160 then shipping, so to think of what all you get in the kit is pretty damn good plus the results you get

Originally Posted by OG RC 10T View Post
Quick question, and not enough time to read 2600 posts. I just bought a new one on Friday and have yet to put my electronics in it. (Just been busy)
I have a JConcepts for my sons slash, but I haven't been able to find one for this truck.
Prolly your best bet or get the ProTek Body Protector sheets and cut one to fit...
Clear undertray OR overtray

Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
Anybody ? Also does the Losi Alum servo work on this truck ?
Your question is related to a BH esc and dont think many run it but a few run BH but checking with the manufacturer or their website would be best to find out wire size.
As for the servo thing...Do you mean the alum servo arms? I would say yes as long as you get the right one for the servo you have(count your teeth on your servo to confirm)
Old 10-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
Dood, really?! You think $180/190 shipped(found on ebay) is bad? Go buy a after market chassis, and shock towers and let me know how much you just spend...my guess is you paid around $100ish for the chassis and usually ATLEAST $30 per shock tower, thats $160 then shipping, so to think of what all you get in the kit is pretty damn good plus the results you get

Clear undertray OR overtray

Do you mean the alum servo arms? I would say yes as long as you get the right one for the servo you have(count your teeth on your servo to confirm)

Oh ok thanks yea thats what i meant . Im looking at the Brushless Hobbies 120 Amp ESC and it looks like il need to ethier hardwire the Tenshock motor wires to the ESC or get bullet connecters what MM would fit them wires ? I only need the Bullet connecters for the motor wires not the battery wires.

Oh sorry i saw what you said about the ESC.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Oh ok thanks yea thats what i meant . Im looking at the Brushless Hobbies 120 Amp ESC and it looks like il need to ethier hardwire the Tenshock motor wires to the ESC or get bullet connecters what MM would fit them wires ? I only need the Bullet connecters for the motor wires not the battery wires.

Check with these guys...

BH Thread from some local guys here in my area
Old 10-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for your reply, but honestly, Yes I do feel that is a lot of money. I guess its because I am used to buying higher end RC buggies and trucks, that dont need a new chassis and shock towers to better, or that much better than stock.

Just an example, I have never needed to buy, nor have I seen or felt the need to upgrade half of the rc car or truck. I have owned a couple of T4, B4s, 2 B44s, RC8, RC8te, Kyosho 2 and 4wd buggies, and one of the first SC10s.

Granted they were respectively for what they are or were, at a different price point, but it amuses me that sc trucks in general, have kits from non manufactures, that make the said brand better.

I am very fortunate enough to be able to afford what I want in this hobby, but I do find it rather expensive when the upgrade kit is 60% the cost of the actual kit.

Either way, I am sure its a great over all value for what you get.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Well even after using 2 paper seals, my diff has worked flawlessly. The tolerances seem tight enough and it isn't skipping teeth or grinding. Gonna leave both seals on for now.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

4MM bullets is what you need.just buy the good ones.The solid type is what you need.Castle bullets are top notch and the brushless hobbies ESC is very good also.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Exactly, they are better made...but as for the harness they even told you not to use it but i wouldnt in the first place becuz of birdcages and also the the added balance wiring that if it gets caught and ripped it could cause damage to the wiring causing a possible $11(locally) harness to get messege up and possibly even something happening to the battery. Thats pretty sad tho that for that price they cant give you a better harness for charging especially since the duratrax bullets i use are $2-3 for 2 bullets.

Let us kno what you did also...

Ya, no electrics....LMAO! but other than that, no, none a thing but if you plan to run 2S i would get the roller and whatever motor/esc you want or buy the RTR and sell the electrics on here or ebay
Guess we got some comedians on this thread.lol.The reason I ask is the hobby shop only had the RTR but sold it to me without the electrics for the price of the roller.Just making sure there wasn't any difference between the trucks.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by xxxntwv View Post
4MM bullets is what you need.just buy the good ones.The solid type is what you need.Castle bullets are top notch and the brushless hobbies ESC is very good also.

The 4mm bullets that are going to the motor are for 12 gauge right ? I looked at the wires on the Tenshock there 12 gauge. Good to know on the Brushless Esc.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
Well even after using 2 paper seals, my diff has worked flawlessly. The tolerances seem tight enough and it isn't skipping teeth or grinding. Gonna leave both seals on for now.
You're welcome, I always double the diff gaskets and greenslime them.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:43 AM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=OG RC 10T;11294622]Quick question, and not enough time to read 2600 posts. I just bought a new one on Friday and have yet to put my electronics in it. (Just been busy)

Had an old one of these laying around from the Eight, trim it up and mount it, fits really well.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Illuzion-Body
Old 10-07-2012, 03:10 AM
Tech Master

The 4mm bullets that are going to the motor are for 12 gauge right ? I looked at the wires on the Tenshock there 12 gauge. Good to know on the Brushless Esc.
Yes they are for any size wire.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.