Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 11:58 AM
  #39586  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by motometalmat
I recenlty purchased the ofna diff gears and pins and the kyosho shims as reccomended. Can someone please help me with what to do to use them. It looks like i have to modify the pins to get them to fit in the diff housing. And where exactly do i use to kyosho shims in the assembly. Does this modification just help with strength or does it also help with drivability. Thanks
All of that is totally not necassary. All the diff issues other then slight leaking has been solved. Pins and gears are all robust. 95%+ of the diff leaking can be solved by using some RTV to seal in the inserts. If you have not open the parts and you can return them I would get your money back and spend it on other things. Diff pins and gears have been fixed for a while now.
Casper is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 02:20 PM
  #39587  
Tech Master
iTrader: (41)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,230
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Will someone let the cat out of the bag? Hows the prototype Losi 4x4 work?
rifraf is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 03:30 PM
  #39588  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rifraf
Will someone let the cat out of the bag? Hows the prototype Losi 4x4 work?
What prototype Losi 4X4? The TEN-SCTE has been in production for a long time now and works GREAT!
Casper is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 03:34 PM
  #39589  
Tech Master
iTrader: (41)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,230
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Yes,the losi SCTE is a VERY good truck! but I sense there is something cooking that will be even better..just saying....
rifraf is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 03:54 PM
  #39590  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
TCCustoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Central Michigan
Posts: 1,512
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

the TLR version is out and is the same truck but Nitro with a diff colored body, is that what your thinking even tho Caspers smile at the end makes me wonder even more
TCCustoms is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 03:56 PM
  #39591  
Tech Master
iTrader: (41)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,230
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
the TLR version is out and is the same truck but Nitro with a diff colored body, is that what your thinking even tho Caspers smile at the end makes me wonder even more
Yessir,that would make us wonder if something is in the making...

Keep the current SCTE platform for the nitro,AND redesign a NEW 4x4 SCTE..
that is just my personal thoughts..but I guess i'm wrong... Right Casper?
rifraf is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 03:58 PM
  #39592  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 334
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys I have been staring at my truck for 2 months now because I had a bad rx8. I was looking it over now that I'm getting my new rx8 on Friday and I noticed that the rear drive shaft and pinion inside of the diff has a bunch of slop... So I took the diff apart because I thought it would be a problem with such a loose mesh between the ring and pinion gear.

The parts explosion says it doesn't need any shims when brand new so what's the verdict? Is this normal?

Thanks,
Dan
D-A-N-4-4 is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 04:01 PM
  #39593  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
justpoet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NH, USA
Posts: 2,063
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

I saw somebody a few pages back ask about the TLR SCTE (nitro).

The LHS had one on the shelf for a while, so somebody bought it just to try out and have some fun with. We took it out on the 8th scale track along with normal SCTE's (pro4 4600) and some 8th scales on 4s and a nitro 8th scale buggy.

The nitro SCTE was faster and had more get up and go than just about everything else (and it hadn't been broken in yet for the motor). The remote start was awesomely convenient after it flipped over as short courses tend to do after a lot of 8th scale style jumping with gusts of wind.

What wasn't great was that things quickly got loose and shifted around, the spur gear got chewed up, and the glow plug only lasted about a tank and a half. It was a ton of fun though and everybody loved it while it worked, and the repairs wouldn't be horrible to do. It should REALLY have a metal spur though, especially with it being exposed on the bottom of the chassis like a typical 8th scale nitro.
justpoet is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 04:01 PM
  #39594  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

You guys will read into anything and try and get me in trouble. I was just saying the SCTE works great. I was wondering if he was asking about another type of car. Remember I am just a team driver. I don't have knowledge of all that is going on at TLR. They are always cooking up cool stuff though.
Casper is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 04:07 PM
  #39595  
Tech Master
iTrader: (41)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,230
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

I would not try an get you in hot water casper...you are to much help with ALL of us on the forums.. but I will be saving up some cash just in case the oven door opens..lol.
rifraf is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 04:17 PM
  #39596  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rifraf
Will someone let the cat out of the bag? Hows the prototype Losi 4x4 work?
Originally Posted by rifraf
I would not try an get you in hot water casper...you are to much help with ALL of us on the forums.. but I will be saving up some cash just in case the oven door opens..lol.
Cats in bags and oven doors. I am starting to worry about you!

They are always working on making things better over at the shop. You never know what they could be cooking up.
Casper is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 04:22 PM
  #39597  
Tech Regular
 
DJLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Posts: 250
Default

anyone tried the Kingheadz chassis yet? Looks clever with the slightly angled centerdiff.
DJLeonardo is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 04:45 PM
  #39598  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
TCCustoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Central Michigan
Posts: 1,512
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by justpoet
I saw somebody a few pages back ask about the TLR SCTE (nitro).

The LHS had one on the shelf for a while, so somebody bought it just to try out and have some fun with. We took it out on the 8th scale track along with normal SCTE's (pro4 4600) and some 8th scales on 4s and a nitro 8th scale buggy.

The nitro SCTE was faster and had more get up and go than just about everything else (and it hadn't been broken in yet for the motor). The remote start was awesomely convenient after it flipped over as short courses tend to do after a lot of 8th scale style jumping with gusts of wind.

What wasn't great was that things quickly got loose and shifted around, the spur gear got chewed up, and the glow plug only lasted about a tank and a half. It was a ton of fun though and everybody loved it while it worked, and the repairs wouldn't be horrible to do. It should REALLY have a metal spur though, especially with it being exposed on the bottom of the chassis like a typical 8th scale nitro.
First off how much tuning did you do to it cuz usually if your on the BREAK IN TUNE the plug isnt gonna last long? And like everyone knows most RTR's that come with tires suck, they arent that great and the SCTE def doesnt have that great of a stock tire but like i said, with that kinda power in this truck it will get squirrelly and being box stock and still grease in the diffs and diffs not tuned with silicone. And with the gears being open to the enviroment plastic is a wise choice so it chews up that gear and not something worse but it could have also taken a bad hit and bent the chassis also causing the gear mesh get messed up BUT you were on a 8th scale track and they usually have some big jumps so you can only imagine what happened to the truck especially since it was the first time the guy had prolly drove the truck

Originally Posted by DJLeonardo
anyone tried the Kingheadz chassis yet? Looks clever with the slightly angled centerdiff.
I have it just becuz of that reason to help reduce wear and also have the KH dual bearing center diff mount and would like to get the dual bearing motor mount soon also as the diff mount made quite a bit of diff in reducing the slop in the outdrive
TCCustoms is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 04:56 PM
  #39599  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,993
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by goehm
The Losi XX/XXX4 are belted. Is this something different, something new?
.Warning off topic a bit! 4x4 buggy. The WORD (word) is...That yes, it was a new prototype with a belt,all new deal, but a belt!!!!! for???Old times sake?Dont Know? It would have to be a sick design for a belt or it will never come out!..Not 1st hand info here, but this comes from someone who is there alot when the team takes the track>Or any body for that matter>>So a good source for me at least!LOL..It was not in plain sight and they were dremiling on it and making changes ,so sounds prototype stuff for sure.It would sure light up the LOSI & A-E Deal heaps and be good for the hobby as a whole!!Any way back to the SCTE talkMy truck been running damn good!Two weeks ago I ran a indoor track that has been built here and pulled 2nd place between two sponsored guys !Privateer sandwich!!
I usually run a small outdoor track so this was very fun!!!Ran same set up too!!
Cheers!
BmainStar is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 05:10 PM
  #39600  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 334
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by D-A-N-4-4
Hey guys I have been staring at my truck for 2 months now because I had a bad rx8. I was looking it over now that I'm getting my new rx8 on Friday and I noticed that the rear drive shaft and pinion inside of the diff has a bunch of slop... So I took the diff apart because I thought it would be a problem with such a loose mesh between the ring and pinion gear.

The parts explosion says it doesn't need any shims when brand new so what's the verdict? Is this normal?

Thanks,
Dan
Anyone? I know posts can be easily over looked on this busy thread
D-A-N-4-4 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.