Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE View Post
Good luck. Read back. Your mmp will go up in smoke. but nobody listens to me. to fix the problem buy an rx8 tekin esc. saves alot of trouble. Just a little tip.
comment right off your youtube page.. I'm sure its not programmed right and that's all it is.

Switching the Mamba Max Pro to "Sensored Only" mode instead of "SmartSense" also makes the Nova HV motors run smoothly. I've been dealing with Castle Creations tech support and they believe it's a problem with the transition from sensored to sensorless operation in the SmartSense mode. It's likely caused by the Novak HV having 30 degrees of timing advance dialed into its sensor (Novak tech support gave me this timing info). This problem may be addressed with a future firmware upgrade.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

What you are looking for is 3 holes on the bottom of the esc. If it has 4 send it back they are pretty good about exchanging.
the 2 holes on the left i drilled for 2 bolts so it would stay on my car instead of popping out, so mine only has 2? im not sure

Old 03-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10 View Post
comment right off your youtube page.. I'm sure its not programmed right and that's all it is.

Switching the Mamba Max Pro to "Sensored Only" mode instead of "SmartSense" also makes the Nova HV motors run smoothly. I've been dealing with Castle Creations tech support and they believe it's a problem with the transition from sensored to sensorless operation in the SmartSense mode. It's likely caused by the Novak HV having 30 degrees of timing advance dialed into its sensor (Novak tech support gave me this timing info). This problem may be addressed with a future firmware upgrade.
That was my MMP and it wasn't updated from the Castle link... However, once I updated the settings it would work for a few weeks then start cogging. I went through 3 MMP's, no matter the settings we tried it never worked for more than a month. That vids almost a year old, we tried for months to get them to work right. I switched, they are garbage.

And that wasn't a Novak motor, it was a Speed Passion V10 4.5.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)
Default a=arms

Will the a-arms from the ten-t and the 810 work on the scte?
Old 03-17-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by maxx90 View Post
i know the ten-t will, not sure about the 810
Old 03-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JEFFs SC10 View Post

Yea that wasnt the issue. We thought it was but it was just the esc. That vid is how old ? This isnt a new issue. We've tested mutiple esc's all failed on 2s with a 4.5 and 5.5. We used caps and external bec's. None of which cured the shutter. Once it starts this problem it continues until it smokes. I've had this discussion so many time but people won't listen. Im not telling you what to do but Im trying to save you a headache.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxx90 View Post
Yup!
Old 03-17-2011, 08:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cult Racing View Post
the 2 holes on the left i drilled for 2 bolts so it would stay on my car instead of popping out, so mine only has 2? im not sure

I've never seen a 2 hole, im sure you have a 3 hole. Should be all good. run it. I run an rx8 and like ive said many times. the fan has yet to come on. The temps are usually under 80 degrees.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

I've never seen a 2 hole, im sure you have a 3 hole. Should be all good. run it. I run an rx8 and like ive said many times. the fan has yet to come on. The temps are usually under 80 degrees.
Alright thanks! Ill be using this rx8 for the first time saturday, and cant wait to see how it runs
Old 03-17-2011, 08:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cult Racing View Post
Alright thanks! Ill be using this rx8 for the first time saturday, and cant wait to see how it runs
It should work great. Watch how smooth it is.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I have been using and MMPs and tekin 4.5 and 5.5 in my conversions and now my real SCTE for 6 months and have had no problems. These are some things to look into if you are running into problems. if you use a Spektrum sr300 or 3000 and a high torque digital servo, make sure your endpoint are set correct and get glitch buster. Those 2 receivers seem to brown out easier than the others and the cap helps with the voltage drop. If your endpoints are not right you are dead stalling the servo and the amp draw is more than what the MMP can put out. With the MMP the higher you go with the voltage on the BEC the lower the amp load it can carry. If you are having an issue with it taking off check your timing. Too much timing in the ESC makes it take off hard(especially with Novaks). The MMP has had some issues with the sensor port breaking off the board. Un-plug the sensor cable and see if it improves.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Tech Addict

I like buying an esc and not having to worry about reciever compatibility or glitch busters.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:04 PM
Tech Addict

no more mmp talk, i cant take anymore back and fourth over the oldest debate on what esc works better.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:04 PM
Tech Addict

New subject. What tires are people running on their losi's.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

New subject. What tires are people running on their losi's.
the stock tires! FTW lol also aka enduros

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.