Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

My car was set up great, i was averaging 2nd at my club races, then i switched my upgraded alloy towers for the mip towers and now it changed everything, all the geometry has tottaly changed and my truck runs like a bag o crap, dont use these towers unless you have the rest of the mip kit i guess, i bought all my hop ups seperate when the truck hit the market. Guess ill buy the tuning kit for the towers n put the rest on my 6 yr olds scte,
Hard to hang with the dingos speed, too bad they cant finish races lol
I got two club races left oct 6 n 20th its gonna be colder, cant wAit to see dingos breaken like lil china dolls lol
Old 09-24-2012, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
Just said that to sound fancy. Guy didn't give much of a response and i was wondering what he meant. I'm just putting on my fire retardant suit to get ready for this HUGE FLAMING i'm about to recieve.
No need. No flaming.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by eddomak
If you're doing that, then Just watch your vector, Victor.

(The world is a less funny place since his passing.)
one of the best
Old 09-24-2012, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
My car was set up great, i was averaging 2nd at my club races, then i switched my upgeaded alloy towers for the mip towers and now it changed everything, all the geometry has tottaly changed and my trck runs like a bag o crap, dont use these towers unless you have the rest of the mip kit i guess, i bought all my hop uos seperate when the truck hit the market. Guess ill buy the tuning kit for the towers n put the rest on my 6 yr olds scte,
You run a mugen buggy. What made you choose it over the eight 2.0 e? There's a reason mugens last 20 gallons before replacing big things, where as losi's get worn out after like 5-10. Now to lessen the verbal beating i'm gonna get and maybe increase it.......

The losi SCTE is a winner out of the box, just not so much in the wear department. A lot of parts have to be added to fix the wear issues. My friend got second in the a-main in a big race in albuquerque with a bone stock scte. Out of like 30 shorcourse drivers, about 1/3 of them sponsored with fully modded trucks.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This is my first and only losi. It's a winner...it just needs some running changes right from the box and not another thing for you to buy. Its tough when a 12 y/o kid at the track buys one and you have to tell him to go buy a rear tower on the first day with the car and that he lost some pins.... Don't get me wrong...I love buying r/c related stuff!
But its just not right when the people involved know it already has issues and do nothing about it.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by allan42r
new bulkhead,bearings,diff cups and still had alot of wobble. just picked up the alum inserts. from what i see its the bearing on the diff cups, whatever it looks good from the stands and its fast.
I personally like all the wobble in my truck, I tried to fix it but there it is...
So I guess I will be happy with the wobble, the truck is amazing just like it is, but box stock it is not! I have a LOT of upgrades but most are bling in reality and not necessary. Everythhing rolls free and it is not a maintenencer hog, I rebuild it at the beginning of the season and its good all year... I may refill the shocks 2 times a year... But they don't really leak though.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I owned and ran the MIP kit for two months and at 189.00 its tough to beat. It was better than stock to me in all areas except for ....yes the chassis paint chips, but more importantly for me was the abuse that my electrics took being that exposed and mounted directly to the chassis. All of sudden I am replacing RX8 cases and fan blades, and spektrum receiver cases....truck electrics get 3X more dirtier and the cowling...not a fan of that flimsy thing either. I only wish MIP would have had some type of side guard options and something more than a lexan cowling.
I ended up going to the Xtreme Racing CF (ironic) setup...and I drive just as hard and harder and feel my electrics are protected, without all the weight of the stock setup and better battery placement. Its all really in what you need out of the kit and what type of tracks you run on to me.
Just my .02
Old 09-24-2012, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I do agree that every losi i owned has wore faster than my others but the car itself is money,I put the new hardened balls on and keep up on the maintenance on my truck and it is slop free and has won every race it has been at so far
Old 09-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thecman26
I personally like all the wobble in my truck, I tried to fix it but there it is...
So I guess I will be happy with the wobble, the truck is amazing just like it is, but box stock it is not! I have a LOT of upgrades but most are bling in reality and not necessary. Everythhing rolls free and it is not a maintenencer hog, I rebuild it at the beginning of the season and its good all year... I may refill the shocks 2 times a year... But they don't really leak though.
great truck, best toy ive bought since getting into this money pit in the late 80's.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

I'm starting to be more regular about my maintenance. I'm gonna start changing shock oil after every race weekend and try to keep on my once a month scheduled diff changes. Don't know if i'm paranoid or it really is leaking, but some new shock o-rings are on the way. Probably not a bad idea since the same ones have been on there for 8 months. Wow i just realized i've ran this truck for that long!!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Tech Addict

I’ve been cruising this forum for about an hour now looking for some answers. I happen to have a Castle Creations SCT Race Pro set up sitting around that has the 1410 that seems to be perfect for these trucks. I tried the 1410 in my 22SCT but it is wayyyy too much. I have all the electronics just looking for the right kit/roller to throw it in. My intentions are to race but also run around parks and do some bashing. I’m an on road racer so I’m not too serious about off road, yet... but want to have a competitive truck at the track. If I was to take this roller to the track what would I wish I had. I’m talking option parts, what are the must haves for serious racing what are the nice to haves? Is there stuff I need to tear apart besides the diffs before I race? Your wisdom is appreciated.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
I am tempted to sell my losi when the mugen shortcourse truck comes out. Mugen is just a better quality car than losi. I mean just look at the parts wear of losi vehicles. The drivetrain slop in my scte is just ridiculous and all the local racers that don't run losi comment on how there's something wrong when it's just normal for this truck. After my truggy, i really am becoming a mugen fanboy. Notice how i didn't say mugen was faster than losi. When a losi is set up right, it WILL win races.
What Mugen SCT ? The ones you see are converted buggies and NOT made by Mugen themselves . AFAIK Mugen has already said they will not be bringing a SCT to market ....
Old 09-24-2012, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
What Mugen SCT ? The ones you see are converted buggies and NOT made by Mugen themselves . AFAIK Mugen has already said they will not be bringing a SCT to market ....
Damn. I heard some talk about one on the cwn podcast. As reliable as that is!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

i imagine the next wave of sc trucks will probably be 1/8th buggies with sc lids...thank god...and i doubt mugen would be handing out info about a new truck unless they wanted to...no company is gonna spill the beans just because some guy sent an email
Old 09-25-2012, 07:15 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 123 (97%+)

i have a fully modded scte, you name it, I changed it:
diff pins
jammin chassis
long rear chassis brace
hardened shockbodies-bleeder caps-tinitride shock shafts
graphite ackerman arm-top diff plate
aluminum rear carriers-graphite shock towers(tlr tune up kit)
ceramic bearings

well worth it maintenance wise, but i still see box stock ones that are just as fast. it is a great truck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.