Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 10:00 PM
  #39466  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
How would that 4.5 compare to a pro4 4600 or an sc401 4600?
Don't know about the sc401 4600 - don't even know what that is. But I've found the power band on the Novak 550 4.5 is a lot smoother than the Tekin Pro4 - in my experience. On big tracks the 4.5 top end is more evident but on small tracks I like the smoothness more than the Pro4. It all comes down to preference of course. They're all good motors/ESC's. Go with what you like.
Grandturk is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 07:17 AM
  #39467  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Amarillo Tx
Posts: 729
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Very good company, this is where I order all my HW stuff. Good company, good service.
Originally Posted by TCCustoms
thats becuz its the SCT Pro from Hobbywing...but here is where i bought it and they are a great company with great service

SCT Pro @ FalconSekido.com

And here is the combo with different motor options and comes with the program card

SCT Pro combo with motor and advanced programming card
sbrewer is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 07:30 AM
  #39468  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Amarillo Tx
Posts: 729
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ferrarieeeee
Sc411 cooler in my experience
I've ran both, sc411 is the way to go
sbrewer is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 07:39 AM
  #39469  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Amarillo Tx
Posts: 729
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Gene158

I got it all set up!!! I soldered some castle 4mm bullets onto the esc so it plugs right into the battery and I soldered the motor directly to the esc. I spent a while doing all the wiring because not only do I want it to look clean but I want to have as little resistance as possible. Anyway, this truck is awesome! I put a 15T pinion on it and only had time to run it in the street for a few minutes but wow this thing is fast! I think I might try a 13T on it.
15 is way to much. 13 is pretty good everywhere.
sbrewer is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 09:02 AM
  #39470  
P6
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: il
Posts: 685
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
How would that 4.5 compare to a pro4 4600 or an sc401 4600?
ones 540 4 pole and the other 550 2 pole im hearing alot of people turning down 4 pole for racing 4 pole creates alot of torque and 4.5 needs higher rpms to hit its power band , just from what ive researched i could be wrong but this is what i kept hearing before i bought my motor
P6 is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 09:08 AM
  #39471  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Leominster,Ma.
Posts: 656
Default

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Outrageous power. E buggy style power. With timing it will light the tires up at any nearly any speed with a pull of the trigger.

I ran it without a fan for a while and now with a fan to see the temp differences. Love it. It is very large, however. Mine broke lose, rattled around inside there before finally breaking - cracked the case - and Novak sent me a new one to replace it.

Shoe Goo it down. Don't use double sided tape!
Or just purchase Kyosho Zeal.I use it on all my esc's.They are an expensive piece of equiptment and should be protected.
Losi57 is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 09:14 AM
  #39472  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Leominster,Ma.
Posts: 656
Default

Originally Posted by Throwindirt
Hey GRANDTURK are you still running th Novak activ8 esc just like to know how it's performing for you , thinking about trying activ8 4.5 combo
Thanks Bob
The active eight is an awesome esc.It has a big footprint but fits fine in an scte.Runs really cool mine comes off at 95 degress paired with a HW 4700kv.If you really wanted more power you could even add a little timing.Which really shouldnt be needed.But ive owned both rx8 and the active and the active is definately a better esc.The pulse is coming out soon though so you might want to check that out.
Losi57 is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 11:22 AM
  #39473  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 185
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

DE Racing has just released some new wheels for the 22 SCT and TEN SCTE

DE Racing "Borrego" SC

DE Racing is proud to introduce the first true dish wheel for the Short Course market. Modeled after our 1/10 buggy line, "Borrego" wheels feature the realistic scale appearance of a beadlock wheel with mud cover. They were also designed for use with our optional sticker disks to give a new level of color customizing.

These wheels aren't just another pretty product promising performance. This is a new stronger wheel designed from the ground up for the rigors of Short Course racing. Thicker wall sections, deeper support ribs, tighter/stronger hexes, and a dish face protected by a simulated beadlock ring make these wheels the strongest on the market. Go ahead, mount a set on your SCT and dish out some abuse, they can take it!


Features:

Realistic scale appearance of a beadlock wheel with a mud cover
12 internal radial ribs, and thicker wall sections for ultra high strength
Tighter and stronger hexes for greater reliability
Customizable with our 1/10 scale sticker disks
Proudly Made in U.S.A.


Offsets

DER-SCB-AB +3mm offset for Team Associated SC10 / SC10 4x4
DER-SCB-LB For Team Losi TEN-SCTE / 22SCT
DER-SCB-UB For Kyosho Ultima SC / HPI Blitz / Slash Rear / Slash 4x4


Currently available in Black only with Silver, White, and Yellow coming soon!!

These wheels will be in shops soon or can be found at: www.deracing.net
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-borregosc_pr.jpg  
DE Racing is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 11:26 AM
  #39474  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (8)
 
caguilar4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 138
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Back to the ol' MIP Pro 4 mance kit..

I know people love it, and actually I just ordered mine, but what Im curious about is

what type of driving sees more benefit out of this kit? 'cuz you know there are a lot of idfferent driving styles, whether you are a late-apexer, or a power steerer, or a smooth-throttler...

just can't wait for my kit to get here!
caguilar4 is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 11:58 AM
  #39475  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Port Orange
Posts: 67
Default

Originally Posted by Losi57
The active eight is an awesome esc.It has a big footprint but fits fine in an scte.Runs really cool mine comes off at 95 degress paired with a HW 4700kv.If you really wanted more power you could even add a little timing.Which really shouldnt be needed.But ive owned both rx8 and the active and the active is definately a better esc.The pulse is coming out soon though so you might want to check that out.
Thanks Grandturk and Losi57 looks like the activ8 system is going to be my next investment for my truck or as my wife calls it my money-pit
Throwindirt is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 02:21 PM
  #39476  
Tech Master
iTrader: (165)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,858
Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DE Racing
DE Racing has just released some new wheels for the 22 SCT and TEN SCTE

DE Racing "Borrego" SC

DE Racing is proud to introduce the first true dish wheel for the Short Course market. Modeled after our 1/10 buggy line, "Borrego" wheels feature the realistic scale appearance of a beadlock wheel with mud cover. They were also designed for use with our optional sticker disks to give a new level of color customizing.

These wheels aren't just another pretty product promising performance. This is a new stronger wheel designed from the ground up for the rigors of Short Course racing. Thicker wall sections, deeper support ribs, tighter/stronger hexes, and a dish face protected by a simulated beadlock ring make these wheels the strongest on the market. Go ahead, mount a set on your SCT and dish out some abuse, they can take it!


Features:

Realistic scale appearance of a beadlock wheel with a mud cover
12 internal radial ribs, and thicker wall sections for ultra high strength
Tighter and stronger hexes for greater reliability
Customizable with our 1/10 scale sticker disks
Proudly Made in U.S.A.


Offsets

DER-SCB-AB +3mm offset for Team Associated SC10 / SC10 4x4
DER-SCB-LB For Team Losi TEN-SCTE / 22SCT
DER-SCB-UB For Kyosho Ultima SC / HPI Blitz / Slash Rear / Slash 4x4


Currently available in Black only with Silver, White, and Yellow coming soon!!

These wheels will be in shops soon or can be found at: www.deracing.net
I was wondering who would be the first...
Chris Gierse is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 02:29 PM
  #39477  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
Slotmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germantown Maryland
Posts: 5,823
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Chris Gierse
I was wondering who would be the first...
R.O.A.R. does not allow dish wheels on S.C Trucks do they?
Slotmachine is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 02:35 PM
  #39478  
Tech Master
iTrader: (165)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,858
Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
R.O.A.R. does not allow dish wheels on S.C Trucks do they?
Not sure. Maybe somebody in the know could chime in.
Chris Gierse is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 02:45 PM
  #39479  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (92)
 
CarlCrocco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,138
Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know if the SCTE M6 Tekno Driveshafts fit the Losi stock axles?
CarlCrocco is offline  
Old 09-21-2012, 02:58 PM
  #39480  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,794
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CarlCrocco
Anyone know if the SCTE M6 Tekno Driveshafts fit the Losi stock axles?
You'd be better off getting the full set, b/c the stock outdrives wont accept the tekno dpgbones. You need the tekno outdrives as well because they are larger than stock.
Rockthecatbox21 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.