Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I was also having heat issues running the sc411 4600/ rx8 and 6600 nano's. Leads would get very warm and I had one lead come off the deans a few times. I had also switched out the birdcage style plugs for the protec 4mm plugs. Since then I have ran 10ga wire directly from the esc to the battery and use TQ bullets that plug into the battery. Now all the wiring stays cool to the touch and I have had no more problems.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pballer2777 View Post
took my center diff out becase it was wobbling when i give it throttle. i wound up changing the out drives, bearings and the case, it still wobbles. the only thing i can think of that maybe the problem is the plastic part of the diff mount. has anybody else had this prob? also is there and upgraded piece i should get?
Don't worry bout wobbly center diff out drives it affects nothing,Every truck has them ,if it drives you nuts cuz You hate to look at it, then don't look at it LOL.Just like the front end slop it will not hurt any thing... Run It!!!! P.s. Battery Talk. Buy Good batteries!!It is the fuel of Your 800 dollar race rig ,why Skimp now??
Old 09-18-2012, 11:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Suteki View Post
I haven't fully charged it back up but it was over 7.2v when I plugged it back into the battery charger.
In this round of battery purchase I'm giving Revtech, SMC, and Zombie batteries a try... My ESC is changed to sctpro as well, so far so good
Old 09-19-2012, 12:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ferrarieeeee View Post
In this round of battery purchase I'm giving Revtech, SMC, and Zombie batteries a try... My ESC is changed to sctpro as well, so far so good
I have heard good things about Revtech and SMC; could you PM me with how they go?

I have a Revolectrix I am incredibly happy with, it just doesn't have enough capacity, 6000mah which if I have to run 10min mains, could be a worry.

Got my intellect today, unfortunately I had to run with a deans connector as they didn't have any with bullets so I had to solder on female bullets to the wires (made sure I have enough heatshrink on that none of the contacts are exposed). Took it for a marginal run out in the back yard for about 7min, a bit of full throttle here and there and mostly otherwise light running to see if some sort of 'break' in does anything. Seemed to go ok, no puffing anyway. I'm sure in the hotter mid day sun will be it's real test.

So long as it holds up for a 2 day race meet I'll be happy. After that I start a new job so money and importing a high quality battery shouldn't be as big an issue.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:53 AM
Tech Regular

Revtech 6900 100c goes pretty well... Lots of punch and high voltage... Ive just got it tried a couple of times so need some time to see if it stays so well

SMC i just got the 6000 60c non-roar for the price as backup battey, not bad though;-) Next would wanna try the zombies 7200 75c

For the connector i use ec5 for 4s and bullet for 2s now, i think i ll stay this way
Old 09-19-2012, 03:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Don't worry bout wobbly center diff out drives it affects nothing,Every truck has them ,if it drives you nuts cuz You hate to look at it, then don't look at it LOL.Just like the front end slop it will not hurt any thing... Run It!!!! P.s. Battery Talk. Buy Good batteries!!It is the fuel of Your 800 dollar race rig ,why Skimp now??
the perfect way is to use KH dual bearing motor mount
Old 09-19-2012, 03:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ferrarieeeee View Post
Revtech 6900 100c goes pretty well... Lots of punch and high voltage... Ive just got it tried a couple of times so need some time to see if it stays so well

SMC i just got the 6000 60c non-roar for the price as backup battey, not bad though;-) Next would wanna try the zombies 7200 75c

For the connector i use ec5 for 4s and bullet for 2s now, i think i ll stay this way
Awesome, please keep me updated on that.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

What's the deal with petit RC not having the setups for this truck posted?
Old 09-19-2012, 11:41 AM
dtr
Tech Master

Does anyone have a setup for smooth, very high traction tracks? We will run on an onroad track with some wooden jumps, surface is concrete covered with some rough epoxy layer, so traction is very high but not very consistent as there is a lot of nitro smoke and al kinds of tire residue.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:55 PM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

can anyone do me a favor and measure the end of the battery tray the esc spot
Old 09-19-2012, 02:40 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by P6 View Post
can anyone do me a favor and measure the end of the battery tray the esc spot
About 56mm long, 58mm wide.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I got all my stuff today! I have a question though. Both the motor and esc have the 3 wires already soldered in. I wanted to solder the motor batteries straight onto the esc without using any connectors. Should I just heat up the solder that's already on the esc and remove the wires or is that not a good idea? Also, how should I mount the esc to the truck. The tray on the truck has no holes but the esc has a some attachable tray of its own. It also has tape; do I just tape it on the truck's tray?
Old 09-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gene158 View Post

I got all my stuff today! I have a question though. Both the motor and esc have the 3 wires already soldered in. I wanted to solder the motor batteries straight onto the esc without using any connectors. Should I just heat up the solder that's already on the esc and remove the wires or is that not a good idea? Also, how should I mount the esc to the truck. The tray on the truck has no holes but the esc has a some attachable tray of its own. It also has tape; do I just tape it on the truck's tray?
Use the tape to mount the esc. Unsolder the wires from the esc and solder the motor wires to it.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod View Post
Use the tape to mount the esc. Unsolder the wires from the esc and solder the motor wires to it.
Thanks!
Old 09-19-2012, 03:07 PM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gene158 View Post

i would shorten the wires to while ur at it my tenshock 401 had more than extra
and for the battery i soldered 4mm bullets on to for my nanotechs the birdcage bullets that come with nanotechs arent recommended ether and yes like he said tape esc to the battery tray i acually own a jammin scrt10 not a scte so im gonna be using this battery tray on my truck same way

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.