Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 12:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

A big thanks to ChrisAttebery, i ordered some diff pins and shims, to my door in 6days, that's great service for USA>UK shipping ;-)
Old 09-18-2012, 01:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kuya_Kimo View Post
Regarding batteries puffing.

I've tried all the nano-techs and gens ace on my 4600 and they ALL puff the 1st generation nanotech 6.0's were the ones that lasted the longest in my SCTE.

Turnigy now has the A-SPEC nanotech 6.2 which are the REAL deal. These batteries are actually lighter, feel stronger (carbon wrap), and have A LOT more punch. On the straight, a couple other racers were amazed on the speed of my truck.... tried my old nano's and it wasn't the same.

Just saying.....
With regards to puffing batteries;

I recently stated I was done with my nanotechs after a recent race due to the way it puffed but I'm not sure whether it really is done or not.

Basically running an RX8 / Pro4 4600 (14t, 60% current limit, 6.6LVC) and was put into a 1/8 buggy final of 13min as there were no other short courses. Track is a loose, smaller / medium sized 1/8 scale track.

At the end of the race, the pack was pretty puffed / swollen. Looking at it I thought wow don't think I will use that again. It was running around 115f.

Thing is, it has gone back to it's original shape. I put it back on my charger and the cells are balanced and it's charging as normal.

Being that it is still balancing and returned to regular shape, is it still usable or now throw away material?

I purchased an Intellect 6800 70c 7.4v for the next race meet but in my experience, not a single battery I have yet used in my vehicle has come away without puffing except for one (my Revolectrix) but it doesn't have the capacity to get a full 10min main out of it should that situation arise, so I'm curious as to whether a battery that has puffed, but returned to normal size / shape is considered ok to run, also curious to what temp is safe?
Old 09-18-2012, 02:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Suteki View Post

I recently stated I was done with my nanotechs after a recent race due to the way it puffed but I'm not sure whether it really is done or not.

Basically running an RX8 / Pro4 4600 (14t, 60% current limit, 6.6LVC) and was put into a 1/8 buggy final of 13min as there were no other short courses. Track is a loose, smaller / medium sized 1/8 scale track.

At the end of the race, the pack was pretty puffed / swollen. Looking at it I thought wow don't think I will use that again. It was running around 115f.

Thing is, it has gone back to it's original shape. I put it back on my charger and the cells are balanced and it's charging as normal.

Being that it is still balancing and returned to regular shape, is it still usable or now throw away material?

I purchased an Intellect 6800 70c 7.4v for the next race meet but in my experience, not a single battery I have yet used in my vehicle has come away without puffing except for one (my Revolectrix) but it doesn't have the capacity to get a full 10min main out of it should that situation arise, so I'm curious as to whether a battery that has puffed, but returned to normal size / shape is considered ok to run, also curious to what temp is safe?
My experience is, they will keep puffing next time u use them, with less punch each time u use them

I'd suggest to set the LVC to be 3.5V per cell in RX8..... Just to tell u I've already puffed 8 packs of 6800 70c already with LVC 3.2V................
Old 09-18-2012, 02:34 AM
dtr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 00Pocho View Post
What kind of tires work well for you guys in those conditions?
+1 on Calibers, but sometimes Blockades are better. Next season I plan on trying Cityblocks and maybe Gridirons, or whatever they come up with till march
Old 09-18-2012, 02:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ferrarieeeee View Post
I'd suggest to set the LVC to be 3.5V per cell in RX8..... Just to tell u I've already puffed 8 packs of 6800 70c already with LVC 3.2V................
8 packs of the intellect lipo's?

You have to be kidding :|
Old 09-18-2012, 02:45 AM
Tech Regular

8 packs of the intellect lipo's?

You have to be kidding :|
No kidding, 8 packs in 6 months...........
Old 09-18-2012, 02:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ferrarieeeee View Post
No kidding, 8 packs in 6 months...........
Those were intellects?
Old 09-18-2012, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 00Pocho View Post
Thanks! Do you run the city blocks front and back or do you mix match them with the calibers or gridirons?
Cityblocks all the way around. Fell in love with the way they handled the first time i used them.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:22 AM
Tech Regular

Those were intellects?
Yeah
Old 09-18-2012, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I've had my truck since it pretty much first came out but never really got really into it until recently. the truck is pretty much stock. i'm looking to start getting some spare parts and upgraded parts. question is what should i get for spares and what upgrades r nessary.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pballer2777 View Post
I've had my truck since it pretty much first came out but never really got really into it until recently. the truck is pretty much stock. i'm looking to start getting some spare parts and upgraded parts. question is what should i get for spares and what upgrades r nessary.

you really don't need to much. maybe a few sets of tires, CF shock towers, this truck is great. only replace whats broken with hop ups. or go nuts and spend a few hundred on chassis, and CF parts. get an extra servo and motor speed control. if your racing for back ups. you really don't need but a few batteries to go out and have fun
Old 09-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pballer2777 View Post
Performance: springs and swaybars.
Durability: carbon shock towers, shock standoffs, hardened outdrives, aftermarket chassis.

Last edited by rcgod; 09-18-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

i know what i need to race since i've been racing nitro for about 5yrs. i more was looking for if certain parts on the truck are prone to breaking durning normal racing and what parts need upgrading. as far as needing tires, extra motors,esc and batteries thats a given.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Awesome! Glad I could help. When I started I honestly thought that APE would be a 3-4 month venture. It's been ~18 months now and every time I think sales are going to fall off I get a few more orders.

Thanks to you all!

Chris

Originally Posted by .AJ. View Post
A big thanks to ChrisAttebery, i ordered some diff pins and shims, to my door in 6days, that's great service for USA>UK shipping ;-)
Old 09-18-2012, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

How many mA did you put back into the pack? You should try to never use more than 80% of the pack's capacity. Use any more than that and you are shortening the lifespan of the pack. I would be afraid to run a 13 minute main with my SCTE using the same combo.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.