Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 02:58 PM
  #39361  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 116
Default

I have yet to puff either a gens ace or nanotech with the sc401 4000kv geared at 14 teeth and I run them to cut off all the time and hammer on it.
oldschoolnewb is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 03:00 PM
  #39362  
dtr
Tech Master
 
dtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: budapest, hungary
Posts: 1,664
Default

Originally Posted by timannnn6 View Post
Oh and Ryan.....where's the new part you've been testing? The one that we all want and have been waiting for
I for one want an overdrive ring gear just like the TLR3510 is for the 8ight. That made huge improvement in handling on power on large, low to med bite dusty tracks.
dtr is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 03:52 PM
  #39363  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 26
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Can you guys help me out Ive been having problems with my week old scte! I got the RTR installed a cc bec along with traxxas connectors set it to 6v cutoff is 3.5v updated to the new beta for the mmp. I raced all night sat placed 6th out of 22 and had no problems. I took my truck to the track today and ran it in the parking lot to make sure the steering was good and it cut out on me halfway across the parking lot. I still had steering and it seemed like the esc was still on, as I started walking closer pressing the throttle it would go n stop really slow. Checked all the connections, changed batteries in the reciever as well as the truck and the truck still cuts out no more then 2 houses down going down the sidewalk.

Can someone please help, I thought installing the bec would prevent these type of problems.

My gf got the same truck on the same day hers has been fine without the bec, becides for cutting out once today at the track.

Is it the spektrum reciever? Thats the only thing I can think of at this point, unless I did a poor solder job.
lsbass is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 04:10 PM
  #39364  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
rcgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Blackfoot Idaho.
Posts: 3,352
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lsbass View Post
Can you guys help me out Ive been having problems with my week old scte! I got the RTR installed a cc bec along with traxxas connectors set it to 6v cutoff is 3.5v updated to the new beta for the mmp. I raced all night sat placed 6th out of 22 and had no problems. I took my truck to the track today and ran it in the parking lot to make sure the steering was good and it cut out on me halfway across the parking lot. I still had steering and it seemed like the esc was still on, as I started walking closer pressing the throttle it would go n stop really slow. Checked all the connections, changed batteries in the reciever as well as the truck and the truck still cuts out no more then 2 houses down going down the sidewalk.

Can someone please help, I thought installing the bec would prevent these type of problems.

My gf got the same truck on the same day hers has been fine without the bec, becides for cutting out once today at the track.

Is it the spektrum reciever? Thats the only thing I can think of at this point, unless I did a poor solder job.
Check your solder joints. Might have a bad one and the esc is seeing low battery voltage and going into cutoff. Or maybe bump the voltage on the external bec. Might be an issue with the spektrum radio. Try bumping it to 6.5v.
rcgod is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 04:15 PM
  #39365  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
TCCustoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Central Michigan
Posts: 1,512
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

RX/TX would be a good place to start...if you can borrow from someone you know and try out their gear that would help. I do have a RX/TX from the AE SC10 4x4 that my brother in law is selling for $55 shipped i believe if u really need something
Also check temps, is the ESC hot, is the motor hot...how bout the wiring?

Originally Posted by Gene158 View Post
Damn man you got me worried now. I just bought a ten scte and ordered the sc401 4600kv and HW sct pro. For batteries, I ordered some 2s 6000mah 65-130c nanotechs. I was planning on using a 14t or 15t pinion. You think I'll have any issues with that setup?
i have the HW SCT Pro and HW 4700kv motor with 13t pinion and with my set-up i have yet to puff or get the batteries even warm so as long as your solder job is good and you dont have a bunch of resistance from connections you should be solid. If you can have the wire come out of the esc and put the bullets on the wire and get the batteries with the bullet connections in the pack and not direct wired. I have the cheap duratrax bullets and they work fine but people also like the CC bullets but get the longest ones you can that will fit in your pack...i have the 6.6 nano's with the 65-130c rating and love them, i think you will to!
TCCustoms is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 04:29 PM
  #39366  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (121)
 
ChrisAttebery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gilroy, CA
Posts: 2,258
Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)
Default

+1

Originally Posted by dtr View Post
I for one want an overdrive ring gear just like the TLR3510 is for the 8ight. That made huge improvement in handling on power on large, low to med bite dusty tracks.
ChrisAttebery is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 04:38 PM
  #39367  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,797
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by oldschoolnewb View Post
I have yet to puff either a gens ace or nanotech with the sc401 4000kv geared at 14 teeth and I run them to cut off all the time and hammer on it.
Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
RX/TX would be a good place to start...if you can borrow from someone you know and try out their gear that would help. I do have a RX/TX from the AE SC10 4x4 that my brother in law is selling for $55 shipped i believe if u really need something
Also check temps, is the ESC hot, is the motor hot...how bout the wiring?



i have the HW SCT Pro and HW 4700kv motor with 13t pinion and with my set-up i have yet to puff or get the batteries even warm so as long as your solder job is good and you dont have a bunch of resistance from connections you should be solid. If you can have the wire come out of the esc and put the bullets on the wire and get the batteries with the bullet connections in the pack and not direct wired. I have the cheap duratrax bullets and they work fine but people also like the CC bullets but get the longest ones you can that will fit in your pack...i have the 6.6 nano's with the 65-130c rating and love them, i think you will to!
keyword 4000Kv not 4600

Different motor dude. But i agree nanotecs are awesome. I am using the castle 4mm bullets on my motor connections and protek rc 4mm bullets on my batteries with no problems. Both are great for any connection. (proteks are easier to solder).
Rockthecatbox21 is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 05:43 PM
  #39368  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
TCCustoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Central Michigan
Posts: 1,512
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
keyword 4000Kv not 4600

Different motor dude. But i agree nanotecs are awesome. I am using the castle 4mm bullets on my motor connections and protek rc 4mm bullets on my batteries with no problems. Both are great for any connection. (proteks are easier to solder).
um, Nope Dude...you quoted the wrong person cuz i was replying to Gene, NOT oldschoolnewb, not sure why u thought i was talking/referring to oldschool but i guess thats why you quote people, lol. I kno i didnt, its my fault but i do kno the 4000 wont be a power hog like the 4600/4700 since it dont have the grunt that the 4600/4700 has

But this is what i meant to be replying/quoting and forgot to...
Originally Posted by Gene158 View Post
Damn man you got me worried now. I just bought a ten scte and ordered the sc401 4600kv and HW sct pro. For batteries, I ordered some 2s 6000mah 65-130c nanotechs. I was planning on using a 14t or 15t pinion. You think I'll have any issues with that setup?
TCCustoms is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 06:54 PM
  #39369  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
pballer2777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: dirty jerz
Posts: 1,851
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

took my center diff out becase it was wobbling when i give it throttle. i wound up changing the out drives, bearings and the case, it still wobbles. the only thing i can think of that maybe the problem is the plastic part of the diff mount. has anybody else had this prob? also is there and upgraded piece i should get?
pballer2777 is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 08:03 PM
  #39370  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mills, HI
Posts: 139
Default

Originally Posted by dtr View Post
I for one want an overdrive ring gear just like the TLR3510 is for the 8ight. That made huge improvement in handling on power on large, low to med bite dusty tracks.
What kind of tires work well for you guys in those conditions?
00Pocho is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 08:32 PM
  #39371  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,797
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 00Pocho View Post
What kind of tires work well for you guys in those conditions?
Aka city blocks, proline calibers, aka grid irons. Aka cityblocks are my favorite.
Rockthecatbox21 is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 08:59 PM
  #39372  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (42)
 
BashemSmashem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,647
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

+1 on the CityBlocks .....
BashemSmashem is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 09:03 PM
  #39373  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,797
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Especially in soft green compound. Perfect amount of wear for my purposes. Run them on my truggy as well. My go-to tire.
Rockthecatbox21 is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 09:30 PM
  #39374  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mills, HI
Posts: 139
Default

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21 View Post
Aka city blocks, proline calibers, aka grid irons. Aka cityblocks are my favorite.
Thanks! Do you run the city blocks front and back or do you mix match them with the calibers or gridirons?
00Pocho is offline  
Old 09-17-2012, 09:52 PM
  #39375  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (42)
 
BashemSmashem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,647
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

I run the same front and rear....
BashemSmashem is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.