Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 06:37 PM
  #3916  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (28)
 
Teambcw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: So Cal.
Posts: 653
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE View Post
This is why you call 1-800-durango. Parts please
Teambcw is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 06:49 PM
  #3917  
Tech Master
iTrader: (42)
 
Cult Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: La$ Vega$
Posts: 1,806
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SC_RAGE View Post
Dosent durango have a thread going. Aswell as other brands, why do they keep coming in here?
everyone comes in here, ive seen a couple post in the ae sc10 4x4 thread talking about how losi is having problems will the diff pins lol, but yet there truck keeps getting pushed back for delivery
Cult Racing is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 06:52 PM
  #3918  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,985
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=Feint Motion;8819326]I dont have bad pins. I purchased mine Where they shot the video/background box art from Pegasus hobbies

Over 50 pack in my chassis and the drive-train is solid.[/QUOTE/ Mine must be the same batch, got mine at Peg as well , seems to be holding up but just don't want to look yet! Guys with out opening the diffs to check what are the warning signs that may tell of something going on inside?

Last edited by BmainStar; 03-17-2011 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Losi rules
BmainStar is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 06:56 PM
  #3919  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (88)
 
BMenard17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Port, FL
Posts: 6,704
Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cult Racing View Post
everyone comes in here, ive seen a couple post in the ae sc10 4x4 thread talking about how losi is having problems will the diff pins lol, but yet there truck keeps getting pushed back for delivery
So you were in the sc10 4x4 thread
BMenard17 is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 06:58 PM
  #3920  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (15)
 
Krazykeith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 295
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by pswag115 View Post
I'm sitting here rebuilding my destroyed ring gear, needed a pick me up! The sad thing is a bunch of the Losi's & my Rango got crushed by a blistering fast 15yr old with a stock Slash 4x4 last weekend.
I was suprised to find out that guy was runnin a slash...I think at least 2nd-5th was losi trucks
Krazykeith is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 07:01 PM
  #3921  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
SaladFork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,349
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cult Racing View Post
everyone comes in here, ive seen a couple post in the ae sc10 4x4 thread talking about how losi is having problems will the diff pins lol, but yet there truck keeps getting pushed back for delivery
Originally Posted by CORRRCR View Post
So you were in the sc10 4x4 thread
You guys are cool, you don't start chit... Cult you have the best Durango thread on RCSC bar none.

It's always good to see what the competitions doing. I read both the AE and Durango thread here, I want all the platforms to work so we can all have fun racing.
SaladFork is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 07:06 PM
  #3922  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,854
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

[quote=BmainStar;8819498]
Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
I dont have bad pins. I purchased mine Where they shot the video/background box art from Pegasus hobbies

Over 50 pack in my chassis and the drive-train is solid.[/QUOTE/ Mine must be the same batch, got mine at Peg as well , seems to be holding up but just don't want to look yet! Guys with out opening the diffs to check what are the warning signs that may tell of something going on inside?
The only way you are going to be able to tell is to open the diffs and inspect the pins. I thought mine were holding up fine in my 810e after I heard about the issue like a month or so ago. My car was driving fine until all of sudden on the track the rear end would lock up for hard 180 turns and I noticed a slight delay in acceleration. I took my diffs apart and my pins were almost 80% worn through and the shavings had destroyed my spider gears.
Edumakated is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 07:06 PM
  #3923  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (88)
 
BMenard17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Port, FL
Posts: 6,704
Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
You guys are cool, you don't start chit... Cult you have the best Durango thread on RCSC bar none.

It's always good to see what the competitions doing. I read both the AE and Durango thread here, I want all the platforms to work so we can all have fun racing.
+1 I just love when ppl talk crap but yet they are doing the exact same thing, I have both the losi and rango sitting right here in front of me. I was thinking of doing a side by side comparison but Im too lazy.
BMenard17 is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 07:24 PM
  #3924  
Tech Master
iTrader: (42)
 
Cult Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: La$ Vega$
Posts: 1,806
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
Cult you have the best Durango thread on RCSC bar none.
What do you mean bar none? Also i dont remember posting on the durango thread on rcsc.
Cult Racing is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 07:28 PM
  #3925  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
Timbulb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,061
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
I want all the platforms to work so we can all have fun racing.
Someone get me a shovel it's getting a little deep in here.
Timbulb is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 07:29 PM
  #3926  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
SaladFork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,349
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cult Racing View Post
What do you mean bar none? Also i dont remember posting on the durango thread on rcsc.
Ooops I meant Culetto... And bar none, means 'nothing comes close'.
SaladFork is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 07:30 PM
  #3927  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,985
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=Edumakated;8819577]
Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post

The only way you are going to be able to tell is to open the diffs and inspect the pins. I thought mine were holding up fine in my 810e after I heard about the issue like a month or so ago. My car was driving fine until all of sudden on the track the rear end would lock up for hard 180 turns and I noticed a slight delay in acceleration. I took my diffs apart and my pins were almost 80% worn through and the shavings had destroyed my spider gears.
Thanx for the reply Edu, quess I should start pullin em out and check it !
BmainStar is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 07:33 PM
  #3928  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (58)
 
8ight-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,174
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Anyone got pics of a scte on a diet yet? just wondering if anyone pulled off the mud guards, battery/esc tray and just mounted both lipo and esc direct to chassis, prolly easier to just leave rx box alone due to servo holder as well. I still don't know if/when mine is coming but would love to see someones pics I decided when I do get mine I'm sticking w/ stock shocks, upgraded shock towers and shock posts but pretty much stock the rest of the way. I have a tekin 4.5 and a castle 1410, most likely the castle will get the home in the scte. If I go w/ hte 4.5 I will most likely put her on a diet to get a little extra run time and slightly lower temps. Running stock wheels w/ endro tires all the way around.
8ight-e is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 07:34 PM
  #3929  
Tech Master
iTrader: (42)
 
Cult Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: La$ Vega$
Posts: 1,806
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
Ooops I meant Culetto... And bar none, means 'nothing comes close'.
Ya, i was all confused lol
Cult Racing is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 07:38 PM
  #3930  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
SaladFork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Earth
Posts: 3,349
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Timbulb View Post
Someone get me a shovel it's getting a little deep in here.
You don't think it gets boring racing all the same trucks?
SaladFork is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.