Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 01:44 PM
  #39181  
Tech Regular
 
rcus3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: any*cal
Posts: 353
Default

Originally Posted by Pygmy View Post
Sorry if this is a stupid question or has been asked 1000 times before but are there any bead lock wheels for the SCTE (that do not require trimming first like the Pro-Line ProTrac Renegade) ?
I don't know if there are others, but I have the ProTracs (perhaps you do as well) and the weight is not worth it. 4x Blockade tires on ProTrac wheels vs Blockade tires on Losi whees, 110g (3.9oz) heavier. And thatís on a spinning part!
rcus3r is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 01:49 PM
  #39182  
Tech Regular
 
rcus3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: any*cal
Posts: 353
Default

Originally Posted by jnyrcr View Post
My guess would be no, but I don't have an RX8, but we don't run timing or boost with these motors that I'm aware of, your mmp should be fine, I've run one before and no problems, I run a brushless hobbies lt4 now, no timing and no boost, I run in blinky mode.
Thanks for the input. I will definitely try the MMP with what ever motor I go with. Just trying to see what to expect.
rcus3r is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 01:54 PM
  #39183  
Tech Addict
 
Pygmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 506
Default

Originally Posted by rcus3r View Post
I don't know if there are others, but I have the ProTracs (perhaps you do as well) and the weight is not worth it. 4x Blockade tires on ProTrac wheels vs Blockade tires on Losi whees, 110g (3.9oz) heavier. And thatís on a spinning part!
Ok, but gluing tires sucks, and buying new wheels for every set of tires sucks as well so for me beadlocks would be quite welcome.
Pygmy is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 02:10 PM
  #39184  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Burbank, Ca
Posts: 371
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Pygmy View Post
Ok, but gluing tires sucks, and buying new wheels for every set of tires sucks as well so for me beadlocks would be quite welcome.
When my tires are done...I cut my tires down the middle and take out the foam and fold the tire insdie out, then put them in a small bucket that has a lid with Acetone filled to just below the rim and leave it it there for a couple of days, the tires almost fall off. Just do a final clean and glue new ones on.
THE DOC is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 02:17 PM
  #39185  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
TCCustoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Central Michigan
Posts: 1,512
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rcus3r View Post
Been running the RTR on 3S. Looking to jump the ship onto the 2S, high kV motor setup.

ESC question. Is there a Ďmust haveí programming feature the RX8 has that the Losi/MMP or the SCT Pro donít have? I am already familiar with Castle Link programming and all those features.

Thanks.
The one difference that i kno of w/o knowing all the settings on the RX8...The RX8 has what is called a "CURRENT LIMIT" which actually stops power output at whatever percent you have it set at TO WHERE the SCT Pro has a "PUNCH" setting which changes the initial power output when the trigger is pulled to whatever setting and controlling the initial punch but still allowing full speed/power.

Personally i like the current limit of the RX8 and can help control heat issues but i paid as much for my Hobbywing SCT Pro and HW 4700kv ESC/MOTOR combo as you will for the RX8 so depending on what your budget is...can play a roll but my gear keeps up with the Tekin and im more than happy with my decision and would do it again, only downfall is warranty from HW but no problems here.
ENJOY
TCCustoms is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 02:18 PM
  #39186  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (3)
 
Gene158's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 634
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

How would this combo be in the scte? Also, how would it compare to the rx8/pro4 4600kv performance wise?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...le-1406-4600kV
Gene158 is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 03:11 PM
  #39187  
Tech Regular
 
rcus3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: any*cal
Posts: 353
Default

Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
The one difference that i kno of w/o knowing all the settings on the RX8...The RX8 has what is called a "CURRENT LIMIT" which actually stops power output at whatever percent you have it set at TO WHERE the SCT Pro has a "PUNCH" setting which changes the initial power output when the trigger is pulled to whatever setting and controlling the initial punch but still allowing full speed/power.

Personally i like the current limit of the RX8 and can help control heat issues but i paid as much for my Hobbywing SCT Pro and HW 4700kv ESC/MOTOR combo as you will for the RX8 so depending on what your budget is...can play a roll but my gear keeps up with the Tekin and im more than happy with my decision and would do it again, only downfall is warranty from HW but no problems here.
ENJOY
Thanks. Castle has bunch of settings, labeled differently, but probably do the same thing - punch contorl, motor based torque limit, timing, and start power.
rcus3r is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 03:20 PM
  #39188  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 864
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Gene158 View Post
How would this combo be in the scte? Also, how would it compare to the rx8/pro4 4600kv performance wise?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...le-1406-4600kV
I don't think that motor will be enough, it's a two pole I think, the pro4 is a four pole, esc would be ok with an external bec, IMO there's better options.
jnyrcr is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 03:38 PM
  #39189  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
TCCustoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Central Michigan
Posts: 1,512
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rcus3r View Post
Thanks. Castle has bunch of settings, labeled differently, but probably do the same thing - punch contorl, motor based torque limit, timing, and start power.
ahh, "start power" sounds like my "punch" setting

But with the LCD programmer there is roughly 10 settings total
TCCustoms is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 04:43 PM
  #39190  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (3)
 
Gene158's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 634
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jnyrcr View Post
I don't think that motor will be enough, it's a two pole I think, the pro4 is a four pole, esc would be ok with an external bec, IMO there's better options.
Thanks for the input! That motor is actually a 4 pole. I'm trying to find an alternative to the tekin combo (pro4 4600/rx8). Something with the same power and speed but less expensive. Others have suggested the tenshock sc401 but I'm wondering how it stacks up to the pro4 and what esc to pair it with.

Last edited by Gene158; 09-09-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Gene158 is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 05:14 PM
  #39191  
Tech Master
iTrader: (49)
 
HighLife420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 1,189
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

I know a few people who run a tenshock and a hobby wing ESC and have been doing pretty well.
HighLife420 is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 05:18 PM
  #39192  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
Slotmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germantown Maryland
Posts: 5,812
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Gene158 View Post
Thanks for the input! That motor is actually a 4 pole. I'm trying to find an alternative to the tekin combo (pro4 4600/rx8). Something with the same power and speed but less expensive. Others have suggested the tenshock sc401 but I'm wondering how it stacks up to the pro4 and what esc to pair it with.
That motor would be plenty.......................but it would be nice to have a sensored motor to take advantage of the extra boost settings in the speedo. A 15 tooth pinion should be good for most larger tracks.
Slotmachine is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 05:40 PM
  #39193  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
TCCustoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Central Michigan
Posts: 1,512
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Hobbywing SCT Pro and HW 4700kv here on 13t and loving it, plenty of grunt even with punch on 1, thats what i have it set on and paid just under $200 shipped from FalconSekido.com Comes with programmer, 2 pinions, wiring and all that jazz
TCCustoms is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 06:38 PM
  #39194  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
TimMo846's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 736
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Gene158 View Post
I'm looking to get an scte and pretty set on a pro4 (4600) with an rx8. However that combo is definitely expensive so I'm wondering if there's another motor/esc combo that can run with the tekin without breaking the bank. Nothing crappy, just something a little less expensive.
Originally Posted by jnyrcr View Post
http://builtrc.com/tenshock_sc401_4600.aspx and http://www.brushlesshobbies.com/120A...mer_p_113.html , I run the lt4 with the pro4, the tenshock gets allot of good reviews, hope this helps.
I just got my tenshock 411 4600 and raced it today, I have to admit it's a BEAST motor!. I let a few of the other guys with the Tekin Pro4 in their Losi's and they said they will be ordering one very soon. So I would say for the money it's equal if not better.
TimMo846 is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 06:53 PM
  #39195  
Tech Master
iTrader: (40)
 
BlackStarRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miramar, Florida
Posts: 1,786
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TimMo846 View Post
I just got my tenshock 411 4600 and raced it today, I have to admit it's a BEAST motor!. I let a few of the other guys with the Tekin Pro4 in their Losi's and they said they will be ordering one very soon. So I would say for the money it's equal if not better.
I must agree got to love the 4600 sc411..... tremendous power and a price point to boot... running it with my SCT Pro esc and temps are great!!!
BlackStarRacing is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.