Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery View Post
My truck has been driving like crap lately. I'm running Ryan's latest setup and it seems like the truck doesn't have enough pack, but the shocks seem to have alot of drag. The rest of the suspension seems to be free enough. I tried rebuilding the fronts last night using a fresh o-ring and bushing and there's a ton of sticktion on the shaft. I guess I need to invest in some new shafts. Are the TiN coated shafts any slicker than the stock ones?

I looked at the insides of the bodies and they still have the blue anodizing inside.

Any other suggestions? Will green slime make a difference? I usually just put a drop of oil on the o-rings.

Thanks,

Chris
Are You still on the orig shafts? Then Yes get new ones for sure.If You can swing it(kinda price-ey)Go with all new parts.. HA bodies,new pistons,The ti-ni shafts do wear but still seem to be smoother even as they wear. All new rebuild kits at the same time.My shocks running all these new parts with the bleeder emulsion set up are really nice!Running out door with 30-wt all around.My driving really seems to be getting better every week as does my truck,One and a half years now and just cant get enough!!if I can just keep from getting Hacked to the back on occasion when lapping I will remain very happy
Old 08-19-2012, 03:00 PM
dtr
Tech Master

Default parts

It would be nice if Losi/TLR released a complete shock set for the SCTE just like they have the LOSA5417 for the 8ight. Preferably with the HA bodies, (improved) TiNi shafts, bleeder caps. Possibly with both bladders and o-rings for bladder and emulsion setups.
I'd also like a third front body mount post, or a litle bigger radio box.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Tech Addict

Any of you guys run the active 8 novak esc in your scte? Just wondering how there holding up?
Old 08-19-2012, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar View Post
Are You still on the orig shafts? Then Yes get new ones for sure.If You can swing it(kinda price-ey)Go with all new parts.. HA bodies,new pistons,The ti-ni shafts do wear but still seem to be smoother even as they wear. All new rebuild kits at the same time.My shocks running all these new parts with the bleeder emulsion set up are really nice!Running out door with 30-wt all around.My driving really seems to be getting better every week as does my truck,One and a half years now and just cant get enough!!if I can just keep from getting Hacked to the back on occasion when lapping I will remain very happy
I am going to bring my SCT back out again see if I can still keep up with ya!
Old 08-19-2012, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dtr View Post
Well, to elaborate on my experience: I have balanced two sets of tires (one caliber, one revolver for my 8ight), they needed between 0.5-2grams. After mounting them the balance was not the same as on the balancer; all wanted to rotate too fast while the slop in the driveline allowed. After that I put one back on the balancer and it was out of balance there as well. After that (too late, I know) I checked the balancer without any tire and it was not balanced. I had no time before the next heat to rebalance everything, so left it at that. Now I just did a little calculation and 0.1mm off on the hexes needs about 0.3gram balance weight at the edge of the wheel. Balancing the wheels in place will eliminate all but the effect of slop of the hex on the balance.
What? What do you mean .1mm off? What are you measuring? Are you saying the hex is .1mm off center? So you have off center hexes and an unbalanced wheel balancer? And so you then balance your wheel on an uncentered hex, which means the next time you put the tire on, you have to make sure the tire hex and the truck hex match up. And you can never rotate wheels.

I dunno dude. That sounds like a lot of work.

I think you should just get some good hexes, fix your balancer (or buy a good one), balance your tires on it and call it a day.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

While we are on the topic of tire balancers. Could you use them to sling the water out of tires after washing them. I used to use the old balance it on your finger while you blow compressed air to spin it, but doing it with 17mm hexes really hurts your fingers once the friction catches up. Could you use the balancer to get all the water out of your recently washed tires?
Old 08-19-2012, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Why don't you use a hex driver instead of your finger? Or any tool like a screwdriver?
Old 08-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
Why don't you use a hex driver instead of your finger? Or any tool like a screwdriver?
Because if it spins too fast the friction will wear into the hex. The wheel balancer uses ball bearings.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

turn the rim around and use the face of the rim so it dont wear on the hex on the rim
Old 08-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Wanting to buy a back up motor and esc. Right now I have the RX8 and Pro4 and very happy, just wanting a back up set. Not really wanting to spend the money on the Rx8 again. What are yalls recommendations? Something that is comprable to the Tekin set up.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeffem62 View Post
Wanting to buy a back up motor and esc. Right now I have the RX8 and Pro4 and very happy, just wanting a back up set. Not really wanting to spend the money on the Rx8 again. What are yalls recommendations? Something that is comprable to the Tekin set up.
Heres a good backup system

http://www.brushlesshobbies.com/LT4-...mer_p_113.html

and

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tenshock-Sho...item19d45a381b
Old 08-19-2012, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeffem62 View Post
Hobbywing setup without a doubt. Days of spending $300 on a ESC/Motor setup in SC and 1/8th scale are over. Couple good options currently:

http://www.funshobby.com/index.php/p...+SHIPPING.html

http://www.falconsekido.com/products...sct-pro-series

If going with Falcon Sekido, make sure to pick the right combo.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

For you guys running Hobbywing Setups. Whats the better combo for this truck? The 4000kv or 4700kv? Is the 4700kv harder on the batteries?
Old 08-20-2012, 12:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

After the muck around with the KHZ chassis at Amains, I've now gone for a BCE chassis instead, instock and shipped out within hours of payment, awesome service so far
Old 08-20-2012, 12:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

+1

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.