Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 06:44 AM
  #38386  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 129
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Thx for the input Grandturk.
jay5280 is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 06:59 AM
  #38387  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (11)
 
Numburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Byram, MS
Posts: 734
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

I have almost all the factory upgrades to the SCTE including the TLR chassis. Now I'm looking real hard at the MIP Pro4-Mance kit. Has anyone gone from the TLR stuff to MIP? What differences did you see in handling? Worth the $?

My SCTE handles great but I think the MIP kit could help with a couple problems I have. I can't usually hit a jump full tilt. I need to approach it 3/4 throttle, then jam the throttle on the face to keep the front end up in the air. With the weight redistributed in the MIP kit I think it would be better. My other problems with part wear and sluggishness I think may be helped by going lighter, but my question is how much lighter is the MIP kit over the already lightened TLR stuff?
Numburn is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 07:11 AM
  #38388  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (17)
 
Nick@Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Central IN
Posts: 385
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

4600 not too much -
Spares - screws! Also the steering link screw which is a one off
Spur
Complete diff or two
Bearings
Tekno center shafts!
Extra wheels - I occasionally strip the wheel hex
Front bumper brace
Extra FR/RR ring and pinion and bearings,
Hubs
That's everything I have broken n last 3 montha
Nick@Jet is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 07:18 AM
  #38389  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 129
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Cool [email protected] I've added these parts to the list.
jay5280 is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 07:21 AM
  #38390  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jay5280 View Post
Cool [email protected] I've added these parts to the list.
Might as well just buy an extra roller for spares.
Grandturk is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 07:24 AM
  #38391  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 129
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
Might as well just buy an extra roller for spares.
LOL, it's ok Grandturk, I like to have extras since I tend to break and I have a pretty sick backyard track so I need to be ready!
jay5280 is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 07:34 AM
  #38392  
dtr
Tech Master
 
dtr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: budapest, hungary
Posts: 1,664
Default

Originally Posted by jay5280 View Post
Cool [email protected] I've added these parts to the list.
I suggest to add a spindle and carrier set and body mounts to the spares; these were the first parts I had wear issues with.
dtr is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 07:40 AM
  #38393  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jay5280 View Post
LOL, it's ok Grandturk, I like to have extras since I tend to break and I have a pretty sick backyard track so I need to be ready!
Oh I was being serious. You start adding enough parts to the spares list and you will quickly blow past the cost of a roller. You can certainly find rollers in NIB or barely used for $200. A set of ring and pinions and driveshafts are going to be $100 alone. Hit up the hobby stores that drag merch to the track and offer them $200 cash for a scte roller. They'll bite.
Grandturk is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 07:40 AM
  #38394  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (38)
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,686
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

And on the "list"..don't forget the traxxas steel wheel nuts..this helps with the stripped wheel hexs. The stock wheel nuts are not to good (they back off)..the stock piviot balls are JUNK..mine were done in 3 race days.., they had so much slop that I had to change the ball cups also, do yourself a favor and get the HA ones to start with. On the chassis their all good..it's personal choice..but I like the Bump chassis because it puts the battery 1/2 inch back (jumps perfect)..and I also run the bump brace..
Oasis is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 07:44 AM
  #38395  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (38)
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,686
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
Oh I was being serious. You start adding enough parts to the spares list and you will quickly blow past the cost of a roller. You can certainly find rollers in NIB or barely used for $200. A set of ring and pinions and driveshafts are going to be $100 alone. Hit up the hobby stores that drag merch to the track and offer them $200 cash for a scte roller. They'll bite.
Why would a hobby shop sell you a new roller for less than what they pay for one? Dealer cost is $239....eBay is where to go for new parts..
Oasis is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 07:57 AM
  #38396  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
Why would a hobby shop sell you a new roller for less than what they pay for one? Dealer cost is $239....eBay is where to go for new parts..
Desperation.
Grandturk is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 08:07 AM
  #38397  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (32)
 
rcgod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Blackfoot Idaho.
Posts: 3,355
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Numburn View Post
I have almost all the factory upgrades to the SCTE including the TLR chassis. Now I'm looking real hard at the MIP Pro4-Mance kit. Has anyone gone from the TLR stuff to MIP? What differences did you see in handling? Worth the $?

My SCTE handles great but I think the MIP kit could help with a couple problems I have. I can't usually hit a jump full tilt. I need to approach it 3/4 throttle, then jam the throttle on the face to keep the front end up in the air. With the weight redistributed in the MIP kit I think it would be better. My other problems with part wear and sluggishness I think may be helped by going lighter, but my question is how much lighter is the MIP kit over the already lightened TLR stuff?
Going from bce chassis to mip kit didn't lose much weight for me. Both are at 6.0# rtr.
I would drive an mip scte before you buy one. IMO not everyone will like it. It puts a lot more weight over the rear and feels like a totally different truck. I'm sure a lot of guys will like it, but I sold mine and went back to stock layout with bump chassis. Just feels better to me.
rcgod is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 09:59 AM
  #38398  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
Buckyaga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sacramento,Ca
Posts: 259
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

looks like BCE Speed is running a "like us and you could win a free chassis" promo.

sure, why not!

https://www.facebook.com/BCESpeed
Buckyaga is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 10:16 AM
  #38399  
Tech Fanatic
 
.AJ.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Basingstoke UK
Posts: 756
Default

Originally Posted by Buckyaga View Post
looks like BCE Speed is running a "like us and you could win a free chassis" promo.

sure, why not!

https://www.facebook.com/BCESpeed
Liked
.AJ. is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 10:52 AM
  #38400  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Ralph289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central FL.
Posts: 380
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Front Bumper of Choice ?

Not crazy about the protection the stock front bumper gives the body, What is the bumper of choice for most of you guys , the RPM, T-Bone or something else ?
THANKS
Ralph289 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.