Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 11:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by twigman08 View Post
I'm sorry, but if the 4wd's were not already beating the 2wds then it was all driver in the 4wds. 4wds should easily beat 2wd with lap times, epically when it starts to get dry and traction is hard to come by. Every single 4wd truck out to day should be able to run faster lap times than a 2wd truck. If it wasn't then it was NOT being driven right or by good guys. No offense.

At my track, which has some very slow and technical sections, 4wds are beating the 2wds by 3 seconds a lap..
I thinkl you missed the part where 2wd sc trucks are 10th scale buggies with bodies. Made to run on tight indoor tracks. I was stating that the 4wd losi works well indoors, not just big 1/8th scale outdoor tracks. You lost the direction of where my post was going.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
Let me know how long it takes to get your center diff out to fix those pins.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

It's not that painful. This is the same thing on the buggy.
Hmm I dont have a pin issue anymore so it dosent take me any time to do it cause I dont have to do it. Should I time how long it takes me to tear down the entire truck and compare. I hope you speak german when you need instrucions.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:52 PM
Tech Addict

What was the name of this thread again?
I think im in the right place...
Old 03-16-2011, 11:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Feint Motion View Post
Yea, It lines up perfectly. Doesn't stick out at all. 20t is the max gearing you go with the stock spur. So the motor placement will be maxed out. The gear mesh is just right.

kind of a bad pick but everything lines up.

It doesnt look like you have to use the sleve caue your pinion fits. I have the losi mod 1 pinion and have to use a robinson sleeve and its a bit tricky..Thanks for your time bud!
Old 03-17-2011, 12:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
When I got my towers from SNR the production truck was not out yet, we had no way of knowing where the body mounts would sit. Brian L. was nice enough to send Steve his towers from his Ten T so he could custom make the towers we used. They are beefy! I used all SNR parts on my Jammin, he does nice stuff.

SNR now sells the updated towers so you can use the stock SCTe body mounts.

If you plan on using the 8ight shocks have the stand off mounting holes drilled to fit the 8ight stand offs (4mm). Ask Steve when you order, he will drill them.
The stock body mounts are a direct drop-in on the new towers.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

This truck just amazes me, every time I drive it I get faster and faster. I'm just off by one second of my electric 1/8 buggy times on the same track. Someone said it before, "I feel like I'm cheating driving this car"
Old 03-17-2011, 12:41 AM
Tech Regular

tekin said both 550/4.5r and 5.5r use 2s only, so what is the difference and how to choose ???
as 5.5r can use smaller gear ratio so i think the top speed is similar
Old 03-17-2011, 12:41 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
Last night Scott Brown was racing so we can gauge how fast the classes are by his times?

Mod 2wd SC (fastest laps)
BROWN, SCOTT - 18.999

Pro 4wd
Raegan S - 19.277
We had a big race not to long ago. We had JR Mitch from Team Associated their plus we have someone who drives for Losi that races at our track most of the time on a weekly basis (he drove the 22 last week).

Associated beat Losi in 2wd Open (actually pretty much dominated to say the truth...I don't think all weekend long did JR Mitch ever not lead a lap in 2wd Short Course Open). Anyway, pretty sure in 2wd they were running high 23 second lap times with a good track. Of course Associated didn't run 4wd SC class, but the Losi driver did and he was running low 21 to high 20 second lap times. Though, I actually turned the fastest lap of any 4wd SC the whole weekend with my Hyper.

Of course it all depends on track in how close the times are and all that, but unless the track is just crazy small and crazy technical (the smaller the track, usually means less lap time difference), 4wd should be turning the same times if not faster times. Epically when the track is dry with no grip. You get the same exact person (who can drive both trucks actually) their 4wd times will more than likely be the same, if not faster. My 4wd turns in just as good as my 2wd does really.

I think in the real trucks when they do that 4wd vs. 2wd race, they start the 2wds out with like a 12 second head start. I think last year their was a photo finish 4wd caught the 2wd on the last turn.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by twigman08 View Post
We had a big race not to long ago. We had JR Mitch from Team Associated their plus we have someone who drives for Losi that races at our track most of the time on a weekly basis (he drove the 22 last week).

Associated beat Losi in 2wd Open (actually pretty much dominated to say the truth...I don't think all weekend long did JR Mitch ever not lead a lap in 2wd Short Course Open). Anyway, pretty sure in 2wd they were running high 23 second lap times with a good track. Of course Associated didn't run 4wd SC class, but the Losi driver did and he was running low 21 to high 20 second lap times. Though, I actually turned the fastest lap of any 4wd SC the whole weekend with my Hyper.

Of course it all depends on track in how close the times are and all that, but unless the track is just crazy small and crazy technical (the smaller the track, usually means less lap time difference), 4wd should be turning the same times if not faster times. Epically when the track is dry with no grip. You get the same exact person (who can drive both trucks actually) their 4wd times will more than likely be the same, if not faster. My 4wd turns in just as good as my 2wd does really.

I think in the real trucks when they do that 4wd vs. 2wd race, they start the 2wds out with like a 12 second head start. I think last year their was a photo finish 4wd caught the 2wd on the last turn.
that track is twice the size of anything around here. man I hate washington.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I'm getting ready to order oil for the diff's, how much does it take per diff ? Can I get more than one diff per tube, or figure one tube per diff ?
Old 03-17-2011, 04:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 185 (99%+)

Originally Posted by shortcut View Post
I'm getting ready to order oil for the diff's, how much does it take per diff ? Can I get more than one diff per tube, or figure one tube per diff ?
A normal size bottle of diff fluid should get you through about 15 to 20 fluid changes...
Old 03-17-2011, 04:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can anyone give me the part number for the DE wheels that fit this truck with zero modifications as well as any other wheel part numbers that fit this truck properly with zero modifications?
Old 03-17-2011, 04:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pink_sleeve View Post
A normal size bottle of diff fluid should get you through about 15 to 20 fluid changes...
Thanks.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 185 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Ram4whldr View Post
Can anyone give me the part number for the DE wheels that fit this truck with zero modifications as well as any other wheel part numbers that fit this truck properly with zero modifications?
http://www.deracing.net/store/index....product_id=148
Old 03-17-2011, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

anyone have an extra set of gold springs they would part with or know a shop that has them on the wall?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.